Sausages

Marksamui

Hi, looking for a shop which sells decent, fresh english sausages in Phuket?

I have seen in Tops in Central and Carrefore but they are hotdogs or bratwerst, not really what I want.

Thanks

The Patong Deli on Rat U Thit Road sells English sausages sourced out of Bangkok, I think from Euro Deli as I recall. Haven't tried them but supposed to be good by all accounts - you won't find anything worthwhile at Tops or Careefour.

I have seen in Tops in Central and Carrefore but they are hotdogs or bratwerst, not really what I want.

Thanks

Forgot to mention: Carrefour does have some fairly decent European style sausages in the specialty meats section against the back wall. They're not British bangers but they are quite good and today I noticed they have Cumberlands although I've mot tried them, pricey though.

Sunday morning and I am in the middle of my sausages production:

post-2733-1233462916_thumb.jpgpost-2733-1233462930_thumb.jpg

post-2733-1233462924_thumb.jpg

post-2733-1233462937_thumb.jpg

...25kg today :o

Gerd

25kg's of sausage represents a rather large breakfast Gert, even if it is Sunday! They look wonderful.

How many kilos of meat did you use in them? Looks like all fat & rusk to me!!!

But they still look tasty!!! Do they shrink much when cooking them? :D

Syl

No, they don't shrink when frying cause I am using a lot of cheap chemicals.

Gred, it that good for your health .... :D I did not know that 'chemicals' were used in sausage manufacture, if yes then maybe I'll not eat sausages again ... :D

LiK,

my answer was a joke :o

Gerd(not Gred)

How many english sausages do you normally get with your bangers and mash?

2 at The Lighthouse in Chalong.

But I prefer the battered sausages (2) & chips at Ting Tongs on Nanai Road.

P.S. I've just remebered that the Lamai Guesthouse (opposite the Mae Ubol market on Nania Road) sell a very nice bangers & mash, with gravy. Excellent ... :o

Edited by LivinginKata

No, they don't shrink when frying cause I am using a lot of cheap chemicals.

Gred, it that good for your health .... :D I did not know that 'chemicals' were used in sausage manufacture, if yes then maybe I'll not eat sausages again ... :D

If you know what go's in sausages then it might put you off for life!!!

This thread brings back memories of my younger days as a pigs head boner!!! :o

Syl.

Ever seen how Black Pudding is made .... :o Witnessed once, still makes me sick just thinking about it ...

Never seen black pudding being made, but I know what go's in theme!!Maybe if they was not cooked 100% Thais would love them!!!

Sausages, burgers, pies, all have cheap meat in them. Some cans of dog food have better meat.

We used to use ox lungs and hearts in our mince beef to add weight and make it more redder !!!

Syl

Ever seen how Black Pudding is made .... :o Witnessed once, still makes me sick just thinking about it ...

Never seen black pudding being made, but I know what go's in theme!!Maybe if they was not cooked 100% Thais would love them!!!

Sausages, burgers, pies, all have cheap meat in them. Some cans of dog food have better meat.

We used to use ox lungs and hearts in our mince beef to add weight and make it more redder !!!

Syl

If you have ever had a Fray Bentos pie, the steak and kidney cheap one out the tin, it does smell like cat food before you cook it. Tastes good though...

Anyone know where I can get them in Phuket?

Thanks

Somebody said that by the macro they have sausages with the brandname King they suppose to be pretty good,but I looked everywhere by the macro but I only could find CP,BK,Dheli and some other vague brands but no kings.

Somebody said that by the macro they have sausages with the brandname King they suppose to be pretty good,but I looked everywhere by the macro but I only could find CP,BK,Dheli and some other vague brands but no kings.

Do you mean actually in the Makro store ? I've never seen any proper (English) sausages in Makro, and there are no shops next to Makro that sell sausage.

I can't place the Grand Condotel, can you give me another clue?

I'm thinking it's the German Deli opposite the entrance road to the Blue Sky & that other condo building. But it's not Siam Meats. I thought that was a wholesale meat importer company, but with no shop outlet in Patong. Gerd would know ... hello Gerd.

Thanks

Mr Moos on same side of road as wat chalong 200yrds towards chalong circle. Bacon and sausages

I can't place the Grand Condotel, can you give me another clue?

I'm thinking it's the German Deli opposite the entrance road to the Blue Sky & that other condo building. But it's not Siam Meats. I thought that was a wholesale meat importer company, but with no shop outlet in Patong. Gerd would know ... hello Gerd.

Yes, I know which shop you're talking about. But as far as I know they don't have any imported meat products, only local Thai stuff and cheap.

I go shopping there for some products(cold cuts) from FOODLAND in Bangkok, very good breads from a German bakery here in Phuket, sausages(very good ones) from an unknown butcher. This shop is closed on Sundays.

Gerd