Late Model Honda Sonic Without Electric Start - Can I Add It

jbeck

can I just order the parts from honda or is it more complicated than that: i.e., different cases to accept the starter motor and however the gear needs to drive the crankshaft ?

would it be expensive?

thanks,

Jeff

can I just order the parts from honda or is it more complicated than that: i.e., different cases to accept the starter motor and however the gear needs to drive the crankshaft ?

would it be expensive?

thanks,

Jeff

Take it to a Honda dealer and ask. The case maybe different. It drive an additional gear behind the generator so it is not a simple job. Then you need the relay and the switch assy.

Edited by VocalNeal

would it be expensive?

thanks,

Jeff

Take it to a Honda dealer and ask. The case maybe different but unlikely. I can't remember if the starter is geared to the generator if so would be more expensive. I seem to remember it drives off the cam chain but I've been wrong before.

Then you need the relay and the switch assy.

I want to find out before I buy - there's a nice used one at half the new price..

The thai dealers can't speak enough english/or me enough thai to get a real answer to this question.

Does anyone know a chiang mai honda dealer that can speak english/thai and ask their service guys if this is easy or difficult?

Thanks

Jeff

If you are buying one you kick as its cheap then just kick it! Its not hard and if serviced will start first kick every time. trying to convert one will be expensive and a waste of time. If you want electric start then up the budget. After converting the kick it may not be that much in it ? :o