Two New(old) Bikes From Tiger Motorcycles. What Ya Think?

thaicbr

What do you think?  

113 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi :)

I only hope Tiger will still have a Retro for me by the time i get the money together....... they seem to sell like hot cake? And the TT 150 is definitely also a copy of an old Honda model, to be precise a Honda "Dream 50 S" which was a racing machine that is currently being sold by Honda themselves as a street-legal "replica", please see attached picture.

Best regards....

Thanh

Wow Thanh, you just made my day.

that little 50cc Honda tool is fabulous, twin cylinder 50cc ? has it been built out of someones 35 yr old parts bin ?? ha ha haaaa.

where ever its comes from I truly care not, its absolutely gorgeous, can you imagine two 25cc pistons at 15,000 plus rpm, pure music.

out of interest do you have any idea how much & is it for Japan only ?

Bros.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I only hope Tiger will still have a Retro for me by the time i get the money together....... they seem to sell like hot cake? And the TT 150 is definitely also a copy of an old Honda model, to be precise a Honda "Dream 50 S" which was a racing machine that is currently being sold by Honda themselves as a street-legal "replica", please see attached picture.

Best regards....

Thanh

Wow Thanh, you just made my day.

that little 50cc Honda tool is fabulous, twin cylinder 50cc ? has it been built out of someones 35 yr old parts bin ?? ha ha haaaa.

where ever its comes from I truly care not, its absolutely gorgeous, can you imagine two 25cc pistons at 15,000 plus rpm, pure music.

out of interest do you have any idea how much & is it for Japan only ?

Bros.

I think you can buy them in the States.....I do think that having two itsy bitsy whipping up and down would be beautiful music-but it's just not enough power for me! Here's Honda's website devoted to the Dream 50R. Perhaps if you were willing to foot the bill a bigger Honda dealership would be able to get it from HRC for you.

Best regards....

Thanh

Just Idly dreaming But,

If it was possible to buy / borrow one of these 50cc multi speed, 90kg pocket rockets with its DHOC twin cylinder engine that just has to be built like a Swiss watch to ever stay togeather ( genuine Rolex or Omega of course)

All thats then left to do then is remove Hondas name & put a Tiger decal on the fuel tank so all the experts can give it a real good look over, pronounce that their mates told them that the chinese built the engine from left over 30 year old bits then say its a badly built piece of Thai domestic C--p.

What a laugh when the green books produced with Honda on the page & you crack the little ba---rd up to 15,000 rpm or so. ok back to reality now.

Bros.

Hey good one Tony,

some other interesting details

first

the current engineers are ex-kawasaki engineers. Tigers factory was kawasaki before

second.

Tiger has also an input from cagiva (MV AGUSTA) anyone knows what the italian engineering stands for . these are enough reasons for me to believe that Tiger is now capable tp produce a reliable bike

third.

HONDA isnt willing to listen to their customers and they are giving the market away . If Tiger is capable to produce a RETRO for only 29800 baht which seems to be good. the market will be gone for Honda

They lost already a huge part of the market to the FINO(yamaha)

fourth

when i left from your house Tony i did another roundtrip about 1400 km. I rode constantly at 120 - 130 km/h upon arrival i checked the oil and their wasnt a drop of oil gone I'm using Motul 15 w 50 i change the oil every 5000 km .

Charlie stop boasting about Tigers well built oil tight engines please, cos I dont have any oil consumption problems with my 16,000 ks Jap thing either,ha ha haaaaaaaaaa

our ex, local brain dead idiot who serviced the family Suzuki step egg beater last time dident believe in putting more than a cup full of my expensive valvoline race oil in, result ? strange vibrations & rumbly main bearings or something now, & my valvoline can was minus 2 litres. Hmmmm

Bros.

hahahaha tony,

Thats one of the reasons too why i bought a tiger i can service it at the factory . I saw some friends with honda CB 400 and all the shops fuc_ked up their bikes . They even cant replace 8 valves properly. i can continue for another 2 hrs .with experiences of Thai motorcycle craftmanship. I'm 2 years in thailand and i saw only one good mechanic at Yamaha Nakorn Sawan. He told me himself buy a simple bike otherwise you have trouble.

I had a Bangkokian casual girlfriend before and she drove a MASERATI GRANTURISMO yes a MASERATI same story.

I hear the thai mechanics already saying while coming with MASERATI ARAI WA

Tigers service station at the factory is a well equipped clean bikeshop.the mechanics really know what they are doing they have the tools (torque wrench ....) not working on oily floors etc... if you see that its mostly ok

ONE THAI MAN TOLD ME ONCE I WAS JUST A FEW DAYS IN THAILAND. CHARLIE NEVER FORGET ONE THING WHILE IN THAILAND

CORRUPTION AND CHEATING ARE IN THAIS THEIR BLOOD

But for the rest Thailand is a very nice place to be. especially girls like ours so pretty and willing to do so many things ...... :D :D :D :D :D OH my girl is calling that means :)

:D

Charlie

hahahaha tony,

Thats one of the reasons too why i bought a tiger i can service it at the factory . I saw some friends with honda CB 400 and all the shops fuc_ked up their bikes . They even cant replace 8 valves properly. i can continue for another 2 hrs .with experiences of Thai motorcycle craftmanship. I'm 2 years in thailand and i saw only one good mechanic at Yamaha Nakorn Sawan. He told me himself buy a simple bike otherwise you have trouble.

I had a Bangkokian casual girlfriend before and she drove a MASERATI GRANTURISMO yes a MASERATI same story.

Tigers service station at the factory is a well equipped clean bikeshop.the mechanics really know what they are doing they have the tools (torque wrench ....) not working on oily floors etc... if you see that its mostly ok

ONE THAI MAN TOLD ME ONCE I WAS JUST A FEW DAYS IN THAILAND. CHARLIE NEVER FORGET ONE THING WHILE IN THAILAND

But for the rest Thailand is a very nice place to be. especially girls like ours so pretty and willing to do so many things ...... :D:D:D:D:D OH my girl is calling that means :)

Charlie

Charlie,

If I can borrow a Tiger motorcycle tonite can I come to your party as well ?

hey, Im going to Bkk Friday am ( tomorrow ) to see the Tiger factory bike show at Central world, I checked with Pariya & it opens at 12 noon , Im trying to be there by 1 pm ish, call me if you are going & we can meet up.

Bros

SABAIJAI. It's narrower but not by a huge amount. the tank on the tt is narrower than the 250 also the wheelbase is a little shorter. It is made with the Asian male in mind (Thai,Japanese etc).

CMAISUPERFLY. Pariya has just told me today that the Sachs will be a month or so, becausethey are very busy with the Retro and TT150. He has told me they are going to be at the BKK bike show thing at central world next weel 1st-3rd May. so check them out if ya in BKK. Allan

Thanks for reply Allan, can't make the show, but if any one can post a few pics would be great, or let pariya know about this thread and he could start some real marketing on the brands. So frustrating to have interest in product, but have to work so hard to purchase. It's all good though if it makes you :) .

hahahaha tony,

But for the rest Thailand is a very nice place to be. especially girls like ours so pretty and willing to do so many things ...... :D:D:D:D:D OH my girl is calling that means :)

Charlie

I went to the Centre World BKK bike show yesterday ( friday ) pretty dissapointing thing really, there are some bikes but they are spread all over the store & apparently on many floors.

1 here a couple somewhere else & a few multi bike displays on floor 1, Harley D had made an effort but the whole thing was ( for me at least ) dissjointed, & after a boring hour which included eating a Mc Donalds I was ready to leave.

Then as I was leaving & very much by accident I found the TT 150 sitting by a side door with some ugly trike thing both machines all alone, I managed to take 1/2 dozen TT 150 pictures including the technical spec board that was next to it,

After Sunday I will ask my girl to load them up on the forum for you all as its totally beyond my level of knowlege to do that.

Oh yes, I never saw one sexy show girl either, well not until a bit later that night in Soi Cowboy that is.

Personal opinion is unless you are in Bkk & can get there easily, if you do have to travel far you may later just feel it was not really worth the effort to go.

Bros.

Edited by tonybroster

Hi tony,

Luckily i didnt go .I nearly decided to go so no waste of time. But you saw the TT 150 which is the Bike you are intersted in.

What do you think about this bike ????????

charlie

I think I have just enuff room under the car port for a TT150...The wife can park her new Honda Jazz on the street :)

Hi Humfurry,

I dont think you will regret moving out the jazz & moving in a new TT 150, its a real nice bit of kit ( Tiger that is ) & smaller than one would think.

Bros

Hi.

I have been at Central World today for another reason (watching a movie) but there was enough time to have a look at the "Bike Show". Bikes there were, yes. Scattered through the whole building, as usual at bike shows the vast majority being Harley Davidson. I spotted the TT150, standing forlorn and nobody in sight to give any information. No booth from Tiger to be seen anywhere. I heard a couple of foreigners try to guess what bike it is, it went like "That's an old Honda. No, must be something new, maybe a Yamaha? No, definitely a Honda. It says Tiger? Oh, maybe some copy..." Oh, and it's got exactly the same cockpit/speedo as the Sachs KikAss :)

But a beautiful bike it is... however for me, the Retro it's going to be. Sadly THAT one was nowhere to be seen........

Best regards....

Thanh

post-13387-1241362208_thumb.jpg

post-13387-1241362226_thumb.jpg

post-13387-1241362247_thumb.jpg

post-13387-1241362263_thumb.jpg

Hi.

I have been at Central World today for another reason (watching a movie) but there was enough time to have a look at the "Bike Show". Bikes there were, yes. Scattered through the whole building, as usual at bike shows the vast majority being Harley Davidson. I spotted the TT150, standing forlorn and nobody in sight to give any information. No booth from Tiger to be seen anywhere. I heard a couple of foreigners try to guess what bike it is, it went like "That's an old Honda. No, must be something new, maybe a Yamaha? No, definitely a Honda. It says Tiger? Oh, maybe some copy..." Oh, and it's got exactly the same cockpit/speedo as the Sachs KikAss :)

But a beautiful bike it is... however for me, the Retro it's going to be. Sadly THAT one was nowhere to be seen........

Best regards....

Thanh

Hi Thanh,

Thanks for posting the pics. Nice bike indeed. What caught my eye is the speedo/console. If this is the new generation of Tiger consoles ,also for the boxer, than i am glad to see that something is happening. The Boxers weak point is the Console....will need to check with Khun Pariya about this next week.Maybe kano85 know about it already?

mbox

Hi tony,

Luckily i didnt go .I nearly decided to go so no waste of time. But you saw the TT 150 which is the Bike you are intersted in.

What do you think about this bike ????????

charlie

Charlie & anyone else reading this.

I wrote about 20 really intelligent lines about the TT 150, then TRIED to upload 6 photos, at this point my limited IT ability & geriatric stupidity reared its head & I lost the whole lot off the screen & now Im really p---ed off .

if anyone out there wants the 6 TT 150 photos including their spec sheet please give me a call & tell me HOW to upload the Bl--dy things & I will do it asap. 087-1487325.

Re the TT 150, I thought it was great Charlie ,

I couldent stop looking at it, in concept, design quality & price, bearing in mind that this is a 1 off bike assembled just for the BKK show, the production models when they arrive for sale should be even better,

Im sure that Tiger have a real 2 wheel hard on winner here & will sell thousands of them in Thailand & elsewhere.

personally I cant wait to ride one.

Bros.

Hi.

Best regards....

Thanh

Forlorn is the right word Thanh, if it was any more forlorn it would have been parked hidden away in a toilet.

I only eventually found the Tiger TT 150 because I got totally lost in Central world, was fed up walking around looking for it, finally exited by the wrong door to go back home to pattaya & there it was dumped all sad & alone.

Sorry to say this as I have a lot of respect for Tiger but in this instance they have scored 1 out of 10 for positioning,

if this was 1 of the 2 retro style bikes that they are hoping to push sales hard on in May & June they should have made it / them both a lot more obvious & had someone with them to ansa questions.

a great marketing opportunity to gain more public interest was Im truly sorry to say missed big time.

Must say though you are right Thahn , Its still a beautiful bike, even hidden away all alone !

Bros.

First of all i wish to apologize for the poor quality of those pictures... my trusty Sony-Ericsson K750i is seemingly on it's way out, i noticed rather often recently that the pictures would become grainy and blurry.... i think it's time for a new camera phone :D

regarding the console/cockpit, actually on a classic-looking bike like this i would very much prefer a classic-looking cockpit, with two round instruments with chrome frame.... tacho and speedo, white dials, red needles :D At least have them available as an option. The digital one (which, judging by it's size and general looks, is made of "Sigma" guts) fits to a fun bike like the mentioned Sachs but looks strange on this retro-style bike. Also, a bike like this which looks like a racing machine (after all it's made after one!) without a tachometer is like Som Tum without chillies.

However i'd be interested to obtain one such console like the one fitted to this TT 150, does Tiger sell them as spares..?

Kind regards.....

Thanh

First of all i wish to apologize for the poor quality of those pictures... my trusty Sony-Ericsson K750i is seemingly on it's way out, i noticed rather often recently that the pictures would become grainy and blurry.... i think it's time for a new camera phone :D

regarding the console/cockpit, actually on a classic-looking bike like this i would very much prefer a classic-looking cockpit, with two round instruments with chrome frame.... tacho and speedo, white dials, red needles :D At least have them available as an option. The digital one (which, judging by it's size and general looks, is made of "Sigma" guts) fits to a fun bike like the mentioned Sachs but looks strange on this retro-style bike. Also, a bike like this which looks like a racing machine (after all it's made after one!) without a tachometer is like Som Tum without chillies.

However i'd be interested to obtain one such console like the one fitted to this TT 150, does Tiger sell them as spares..?

Kind regards.....

Thanh

Thanh you're right about the console it is not matching with the TT150 design...but it would fit nice for my Tiger Boxer 250rs....

hope to get it equipped with it.

mbox

Thanh-BKK I have not been around much recently, but am now back from farangland :)

There is a very good Saturday night market just by Ladprao train station that has loads of cub bits; I mean new copy parts. If you are interested in one of these, you should get an original and rebuild it? Personally I don't think the Honda Cub has enough power for Bangkok driving. Part of the consideration when buying a bike is sourcing spares. Thats one of the reasons why everyone buys the same bikes. Tiger, etc, can be difficult to source spares? The ex wife has a JRD and we were lucky its just a Wave copy (meaning parts are easy to source).

I am still getting around on my TZR, but all the young boys on their autos run circles round me to be honest, because they don't need to change gear and can just twist and go, which in a way is much safer in Bangkok traffic than struggling with a 2 stroke with 6 gears. We also have a Suzuki Smash 110 4 stroke, which is dead easy to ride in the Bangkok traffic (easier than the TZR) and is phenomenally frugal on fuel (I think it cost us about 20 baht to get from Ladprao to Klong Tom market and back). I actually enjoy riding this because its much easier than the TZR, and its a nice break from all that gear changing! The TZR is also getting more difficult to source parts. I am thinking I will keep the TZR another year or two and then replace it with CBR150 for my own fun use, and we use the Smash when we want to go shopping or get bored with all the gear shifting on the sports bike. I was tempted to buy a Mio (the gf's aunt has one and they are very well designed; a pleasure to ride and highly maneuverable in the traffic). However two bikes is enough to maintain/insure/tax. I am firmly in the Yamaha camp; I think they now make much better bikes than Honda; the tuning fork logo says it all; I mean well tuned?

Hi mbox,

concerning the digital cockpit its the cockpit from the Sachs madass. costs about 1600 baht only and all features are there speedo,fuel, neutral, indicators,i dont know if the digital provides a rev counter. Tiger can build it in . The only problem its very small, after build in the cockpit looks so empty. and all the cablework beneath become visable. Tiger must make a new base plate to build the digital it in ,and close the whole cockpit space

Up to the present i dont know if tiger is busy with it. I asked PARIYA already to build it in . In mine nearly 2 months ago . Up to now i dont know whats going on.

Charlie

I would rather prefer the cockpit from the 200 cc police bike.I rode a police bike before and the speedo is really good .On the police bike the speedo isnt an issue.

I dont know why TIGER opted for this cheap speedo.( the only advice i would to give to TIGER is . Your bikes are great but improve your sourcing ) I'll gonna send an e-mail to Pariya whta's going on with the speedo.

Charlie

Couple of answers here, first @kano85

I don't think this particular speedo is "cheap". By the looks of it i dare say the guts are "Sigma Sport" mountain bike speedometer (and thus no rev counter/tachometer) however those are of very good quality and a base for many custom cockpits in Germany where Sigma is the leading brand. I myself have a CatEye digital mountain bike speedo on one of my RXZ which does exactly the same job, what they have done here (Tiger) is to include such speedo in a frame (hopefully with backlit display)with other indicator lights to make it a cockpit, although a small one. Still it would be a base (i'm after the backlit display, if it HAS one!) for my own custom creation for the said RXZ which i want to make digital on the speedo site while keeping the analogue tachometer.

@MaiChai

The Super Cub has long been my favourite moped, solely by it's looks. While i have a bad experience with Honda (after all the only bike that ever actually died under my @ss was a four-stroke Honda!) i did swear to myself "one day i will have one". However here in Thailand i found out some things.... first, Super Cubs are not being sold. If one got one, he keeps it. And the ones that ARE being sold are as dodgy as soi dogs - either no papers or faked papers, often if not always in very poor and hastily "beautified" condition etc. Plus, as soon as a Farang shows interest the price goes skyward - one particular Super Cub in Chiang Mai was 10k for my boyfriend and 15k for me, and it's actual value was maybe 2k for it had no book and was in horrible condition.

Here comes Tiger and offers me the exact same thing for 30k brand new, with warranty - and a 110cc engine to boot, i'd be stupid not to take the offer. I don't care if it says "Honda" or "Tiger" on it's side, that's just a sticker.... this one is a Super Cub for all that counts, and i will get one as soon as there is money available. No dodgy bike with crooked papers and weird repairs, but brand new and reliable (after all i am a mechanic so if there are some quirks i can fix them myself and don't need to go to a garage for every loose screw).

And regarding that market there at Lad Prao, my colleague keeps on telling me about it... somehow i never managed to get there! Aaaargh. Maybe it's the timing..? Saturday evening i am usually in the cinema with my boyfriend, who is not at all interested in bikes.............

Umm and you got boys on auto's run circles around your TZR..????? Quick, someone step in and remove that TZR from you...... it is not being driven correctly :D I run circles around boys on auto's on my old, dirty RXZ with it's 6-speed two-stroke and the day a boy on an auto beats me i'm going to be the next prime minister in this country (and democratically elected). If you know me that you know that i am two-stroke all the way, and as it happens into Yamaha as well with two RXZ (one for racing xixixi) and one VRR which i need to sell again because i've got no space for three. This Tiger Super Cub, pardon Retro, is the only exception - i'd not get another four-stroke bike again, EVER.

Best regards.....

Thanh

Kind regards.....

Thanh

Thanh,

totally correct, the Tiger TT 150 really must have the option of two seperate small analogue instruments, a speedo & a tacho to look right,

whilst the currently fitted small square black instrument does a job that may suit some people, I would very happily pay a little more for 2 seperate instruments & have the bike looking in keeping with its design concept (60s retro looking )

Does anyone know if Khun Pariya at the factory is looking at doing anything like this ???

After all it would also suit some peoples needs if the same option was available for the Boxer 250 as well, a number of people have already commented as to wheres the rev counter !

Bros.

Hi Thanh,

i wasnt talking about the speedo from the TT 150 I was talking about the one on my BOXER 250 Rs, Sry for not telling about which i was talking you couldnt know sry.

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

Pariya just confirmed the Tiger biking days are on the 13 , 14 ,and 15 th May at their dealersoffice in Paholyothin. anyone is welcome there and iif you guys have time please go and discuss all your needs With Pariya. It only can be good for both

thx in advance

charlie

Hi Thanh,

i wasnt talking about the speedo from the TT 150 I was talking about the one on my BOXER 250 Rs, Sry for not telling about which i was talking you couldnt know sry.

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

Pariya just confirmed the Tiger biking days are on the 13 , 14 ,and 15 th May at their dealersoffice in Paholyothin. anyone is welcome there and iif you guys have time please go and discuss all your needs With Pariya. It only can be good for both

thx in advance

charlie

Hi Charlie ( hope party time went well ! )

do you know if those 3 test dates are strictly for Retro TT & Boxer or just the new Retro ??

reason Im asking is Pariya just e-mailed me to say on those 3 days they will be testing the Retro, ( Retro only do you think ? )

and in his mail there is no mention of Boxer or TT 150, I have e-mailed him back to ask him same question, but if you have spoken to him you may already know the right answers.

Bros.

This the pictures posted on behalf of member Tonybroster

post-39208-1241370388_thumb.jpgpost-39208-1241370343_thumb.jpgpost-39208-1241370202_thumb.jpgpost-39208-1241370243_thumb.jpgpost-39208-1241370298_thumb.jpg

Looks like their are foot pegs for a passenger, but can the seat accommodate one comfortably?

Hi Sabaijai,

There are indeed proper passenger footpegs on the TT150, I was told that there was an alternative 2 person dualseat being made available for production models.

Bros.

just had a reply from Pariya at Tigers factory, he says that the forthcoming 3 test days 13th- 14th & 15th ARE FOR RETRO, not for TT150 which wont be available to test until the production models start rolling out the door,

there was no mention in his e-mail of the 250 boxer so I guess that wont be there on those 3 days either.

Shame !

Bros.

Is this testing available in the morning also? A they are all three normal weekdays i will be working, afternoon/evening.... but i WANT to test the Retro because i want one :D

Where is that, Paholyothin..? I am in Bangna.

Best regards.....

Thanh