Two New(old) Bikes From Tiger Motorcycles. What Ya Think?

thaicbr

What do you think?  

113 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For anyone's perusal,

a map of the factory and the dealer. The 2nd part of the map is the dealers location

post-69913-1241749945_thumb.jpg

I hope it will help you

There must boxers around too. Its a big dealer .all the coppers go there to service their boxers there .

This was my very first contact with Tiger It's this dealer referenced me to PARIYA. Therefore i was so surprised that Pariya called me back the very next day. Never happened to me in Thailand.

If you are in Bangna Why dont you go to the factory closer to you make an appointment with Pariya

Charlie

Charlie

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Thanh,

i wasnt talking about the speedo from the TT 150 I was talking about the one on my BOXER 250 Rs, Sry for not telling about which i was talking you couldnt know sry.

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

Pariya just confirmed the Tiger biking days are on the 13 , 14 ,and 15 th May at their dealersoffice in Paholyothin. anyone is welcome there and iif you guys have time please go and discuss all your needs With Pariya. It only can be good for both

thx in advance

charlie

Did anyone go? I went the weekend before by accident (could of swore that was what the post said) but it was basicly closed. There was a mechanic around but no Retro or any other bike that interested me. they did have a Kawa KSR looking 135cc thing that looked nice, but it was 60000 baht and not what I was interested in.

Will they have either the Retro or the TT150 or the little 70cc Chaly/chappy looking thing they had at the auto show at this dealer anytime soon (hopefully in stock and for sale). I would really like to see and maybe order one if I like it enough. i really didn't spend enough time looking at them at the auto show. I want to go on a weekend too because I work everyday until 4pm.

I am intriged and interested and this ins't too far from where I live.

Thanks

Hi :)

No, i did not go - for one it is way too far from my place, it would take me well over an hour to get there and another hour to get back - and it was pissing every morning during the week, with morning being the only time i could go there (i work afternoon/evening).

I, too, would go if it were on a weekend.

Best regards.....

Thanh

Is this testing available in the morning also? A they are all three normal weekdays i will be working, afternoon/evening.... but i WANT to test the Retro because i want one :D

Where is that, Paholyothin..? I am in Bangna.

Best regards.....

Thanh

Thanh, if you really want to test out the Retro, I might be able to get Pariya to let me take it home on a demo.

John

Thanh, if you really want to test out the Retro, I might be able to get Pariya to let me take it home on a demo.

John

Thank you very much for that offer. I really want to test it, yes, but as you know my finances right now do absolutely not permit a new bike. Now i'll need a new rear tyre for Bulldozer as well as brake pads - just figured out i'm metal-on-metal on the rear brake, and as that is a major fix on that brake (upside down caliper!!) i can as well do the tyre and wheel bearings while i'm at it. dam_n. If it comes then it comes all at once.... just replaced the battery today!

Best regards.....

Thanh

Hello Johnefallis,

Sorry to say, things are a bit more complicated then just using a xerox machine, Honda hold a patent on the design of the Honda cub. And Honda very efficient in showed us in the Philippines that they have no problem in using there patents to get copies of the market.

What makes Tiger immune for legal action is likely some agreements they signed in the past to produce Honda products. I said once before, Tiger, or it was called different then was not only producing for Kawasaki... Even today, all this people who say things about this company need to understand, that many products they use for there bikes they use everyday are even produced or distributed by one of the daughter companies of the same company who produces this Tiger Boxer 250 RS.

ALSO THE RETRO'S that have been released are a fair bit different than the one at the show. which now i'm beginning to think WAS an original supercub but with the Tiger engine.

Only seen pictures so far so i can not be certain.

ALSO THE RETRO'S that have been released are a fair bit different than the one at the show. which now i'm beginning to think WAS an original supercub but with the Tiger engine.

Only seen pictures so far so i can not be certain.

Hi.

Would you mind to share the pictures..? Because obviously, if the actual Retro is different then i won't be interested. It is the "Cub-likeness" that got me interested in first place...... if the bike is any different, no thanks - then i'll stick to the original Super Cub (and gonna be very upset with Tiger for fooling me). As long as the changes are only technical (and for the better, such as the front brake!) i welcome it, but not as in looks.

Best regards.....

Thanh

For a few thou extra IT can come in any colour you want :):D

And Tony its not for me, Its for the other half.

This the one i'm thinking of for myself.

post-62652-1242978812_thumb.jpg

Edited by thaicbr

Ok.

Many thanks for the photos. I STILL like the bike - the blue one in particular. I am ok with the indicators. But true, the look has changed dramatically from what was at the Motor Show. I will need to see this bike in real.... is that possible somewhere (if possible NOT all the way across town.... i am in Bangna and have only a couple of hours available in the mornings). I hope the fenders etc are still made of metal and not plastic.

And what's with the speedo, 100 km/h max on the clock, how fast can this bike go..? Putting an LED fuel indicator in there is a nice touch :)

Best regards.....

Thanh

Ok.

Many thanks for the photos. I STILL like the bike - the blue one in particular. I am ok with the indicators. But true, the look has changed dramatically from what was at the Motor Show. I will need to see this bike in real.... is that possible somewhere (if possible NOT all the way across town.... i am in Bangna and have only a couple of hours available in the mornings). I hope the fenders etc are still made of metal and not plastic.

And what's with the speedo, 100 km/h max on the clock, how fast can this bike go..? Putting an LED fuel indicator in there is a nice touch :)

Best regards.....

Thanh

I have to agree the retro looks nice still something i think of for my wife...pink will be the color i'd say:-)

mbox

• 2 months later...

Got the gf to call the Tiger Rep in Pattaya, he said there was a 110cc and a 125cc Retro. Got a garbled reply about the TT.

Contacted Kun Pariya, he said there is only a 110cc Retro, price THB29,800. K. Pariya said the TT150 was on hold, probably available late this year or early next year. I really wanted at least a 250, and he replied that 'The current chassis is made for the 150cc therefore it will be a while before we decide to make 250's'.

Interestingly the the specs he sent stated that the TT has an aluminium fuel tank; at least you can polish it up, but would think it'd get a lot of dings in an alloy tank.

Anyway, looks like i will have to pursue my cafe racer creation with a GB400 or SR400!

Taichi the Boxer 250 rs is just crying out for the cafe racer look.

Think about the bits you don't want and then find out how much Khun Pariya will sell you the bike for minus the bits. eg you don't want the seat or tank. you will want a round headlight etc, etc

Not a bad idea Allan! What do you do with the flat part of the frame though; replace it with tube? I suppose it wouldn't be hard to give the front more rake.

I can pick up a good honda gb400 for low 30k and registration will cost about 40k (hey i was promised 100% guarantee and only 2 months; 555!). the GB has 30hp and the boxer 20hp, but the boxer is new and i am guaranteed rego! Gonna have to think about it. I suppose if i can get a boxer with a green book without the tank, instruments, seat, fairings, front and rear lights then it could bring the price down a bit. I wonder if the front fairing/windscreen from the TT can be adapted to fit the boxer?

Edited by taichiplanet

Mate the 'tank' is a plastic cover over the real tank which is from their scooter range. I would also look at the instruments that are on the TT. MODERN ON CLASSIC SO TO SPEAK. I think that anything is possible. I wouldnt mind arranging to go down to Tiger one day and looking at a bare bones bike and kind just seeing what could be done. They have a separate workshop for special builds.

Also my man here in Samphran is saying 55,000 thou for 400cc green book and he also has a few gb250/400's in stock.

(also i have seen some of these bikes at different shops when they arrive, most have seen better days, as you would expect from having been sat around for a few years or so)

Your right about the state of the GB400s Allan. Luckily i found a good mechanic here in Pattaya and he has been looking at a few for me. He can make tanks etc out of metal and has a mate that can make anything in fibreglass from scratch. About 45k will buy a reasonable one that only needs cosmetics, he has found one for me but just getting the import papers checked to make sure i can get a legal greenbook. How much does your guy want for a mechanically good and straight GB400?

Being a classic car buff i'm looking at more the old style cafe racer (similar to photo). Also check out http://www.deus.com.au I don't think it would be hard to modify the tiger boxer 250 frame (goodbye warranty!) but i'd like a little more power, wonder if they have a dohc kit for it!

post-70604-1251433782_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Tiger Retro 110 appears to be available now.

http://www.mocyc.com/content/view.php?idcontent=164

Price is 29,000 baht and it's supposedly available through any Big C, also at the Tiger dealers in Chiang Mai and Bangkok.

http://www.mocyc.com/store/view.php?idclassified=197913

Hi there,

The Tiger Retro and other Tiger & Sachs Bikess are also available here:

http://tigersachsclub.com/tigersachsshop.html

hope it helps

mbox

• 3 weeks later...

I went to order Some 2 Retro's yesterday ( 1 for wife and 1 for wife's sister) so i also meet up with Khun Pariya and he showed me something they currently work on too, i first couldn't imagine how it looks in real but saw it yesterday...the project is not quite ready for sale but should be in not too long time ...

Here a Retro 110C with a sidecar! I find it looks really nice and Khun Pariya also mentioned it will be legal to drive here since it is built and licensed here in Thailand as Bike with sidecar...

mbox

post-39208-1255066758_thumb.jpg

post-39208-1255066782_thumb.jpg

post-39208-1255066809_thumb.jpg

post-39208-1255066842_thumb.jpg

post-39208-1255066870_thumb.jpg

Is "Stallion" made by Boxer? I noticed these Honda Wave look alikes at Big C the other day. They were priced at 28,500. Quality didn't look so great.

http://www.stallion-motorcycle.com/buddy_specification.php

Bikes with side cars are priced from 38,500

http://www.stallion-motorcycle.com/buddy_specification.php

Hi, difficult to say from the look at the brochure only...but it really doesn't look like it's coming from Tigers Factory...

mbox