Good Gym In Pattaya?

Tokyo

Hi :o

Can anyone suggest a good gym in Pattaya please? I'm looking for something around the B1000.00 per month range with good cardio machines (step machines and treadmills).

From reading past threads I'm aware of California Wow and Tony's. I Went to look at Chevin behind Tuk com but was told that they've moved to Mabprachan. I really would like to join a gym / fitness club in Pattaya not Jomtien or Mabprachan but would certainly consider Naklua. I've had a look at gyms in a few of the hotels (A-One - B28,500 per year!) but was wondering if anyone could recommend a place.

Thanks very much.

Hi Tokyo,

Iam not sure where you live. But PRS Mansion on soi-17 South Pattaya

has a decent gym. 1000baht a month. Opens around 6am unsure of closing

I think around 10pm. Has a decent range of exercise machines as well as weights.

Not a bad gym, never really busy. Worth a look at least.

Cheers, Scabo.

P.S; PRS Masion is about 200Metres down from the Soi-17/3rd RD set of traffic lights.

Hi Tokyo,

I think around 10pm. Has a decent range of exercise machines as well as weights.

Cheers, Scabo.

P.S; PRS Masion is about 200Metres down from the Soi-17/3rd RD set of traffic lights.

Thanks very much Scabo, I'll take a look tomorrow.

tonys on 3rd road is as good as youll get for a good price too and good equipment there .i used to like universal gym on beach road until it was closed to make way for development

its still open although it moved to Sukhumvit rd but i believe the prices are still good

tonys on 3rd road is as good as youll get for a good price too and good equipment there .i used to like universal gym on beach road until it was closed to make way for development

its still open although it moved to Sukhumvit rd but i believe the prices are still good

And so they should be. The place is now very run down.

I like to use punchbags and went to Tony's yesterday to book the monthly membership which is 3100 baht assuming the what i though to be obvious in that it included usage of the punch bags.

However I was told if i wanted to use the bags i would be charged an extra 100baht a time.

I like to use them for 5-6 rounds in the morning the same in the evening, hence if i went everyday i'd be charged 9100bht for a month. they wouldnt budge on the price as i dont think the cashier had the authority to.

California Wow is 2000bht for 1 month only (this is the price i offered), but has no bags, also on 3rd Rd there is another gym 200 metres from Tonys and on the same side, it has 3 floors and plenty of equipment (inc punch bags) this is 1500 for 1 month only.

I go to a similar gym to Tony's in England and its 32GBP or 1600bht a month, it seems to me by how empty it was that he's trying to get as much as he possibly can from tourists but is ending up with not a lot, the prices for expats are good though.

Edited by sanmiguel

Opposite Foodland is a brand new gym and they advertised a one year membership at 4,500 - hard to beat that.

Opposite Foodland is a brand new gym and they advertised a one year membership at 4,500 - hard to beat that.

the price maybe hard to beat, but remember you usually get what you pay for :o

the price maybe hard to beat, but remember you usually get what you pay for :o

the weights are about as heavy as at California Wow...

• 1 month later...
Hi :)

Can anyone suggest a good gym in Pattaya please? I'm looking for something around the B1000.00 per month range with good cardio machines (step machines and treadmills).

From reading past threads I'm aware of California Wow and Tony's. I Went to look at Chevin behind Tuk com but was told that they've moved to Mabprachan. I really would like to join a gym / fitness club in Pattaya not Jomtien or Mabprachan but would certainly consider Naklua. I've had a look at gyms in a few of the hotels (A-One - B28,500 per year!) but was wondering if anyone could recommend a place.

Thanks very much.

I suggest californian wow 13 thousand for membership fee for life time....

IN response to my earlier thread i emailed Tony's gym and they have kindly replied saying the price that is advertised does include usage of the punchbags. And that the price for training is seperate.

Fairplay to them for replying.

Tonys on Soi 16, Walking Street has A punching bag included in the price.

Hi Tokyo,

Cheers, Scabo.

I used to use this one all the time when I lived in the area. It was 500 Baht a month then and wasn't airconditioned. It didn't have step machines but did have treadmills that overheated and cut out, they told me it was 'cos I was going too fast on them but I was only jogging at 10kms per hour.

Anyway I've noticed when I've passed that they've done it up and it looks airconditioned now.