Shareholder Meeting On Short Notice

Last week I recieved a letter that there will be a shareholder meeting of the Thai company of which I own 40% of the stocks (4 million registered capital). The meeting will be april 28th. I can't really make it on that short notice to appear at that meeting.

I have some disputes with my Thai partner over some bills he sent me for work done in December 08 and January 09 (I let people there manufacture stuff for my clients here). For that he already sent a lawyer/representative to face me in court in 3 weeks.

But now my questions:

1) Can I send someone else to that Shareholders meeting? Who can use my voting rights there? I can arrange some legal paper work so that person represents me in that meeting.

2) Without me being there, can they decide to somehow get rid of me, and 'destroy' my shares? (if point 1 fails)

3) There's some profit made last year, will it have to be given to the shareholders?

Another option is to join the meeting by web-conference, but I'm pretty sure there won't be much cooperation to arrange that.

Hope anyone can shine a light on these matters! Thanks in advance!

Last week I recieved a letter that there will be a shareholder meeting of the Thai company of which I own 40% of the stocks (4 million registered capital). The meeting will be april 28th. I can't really make it on that short notice to appear at that meeting.

I have some disputes with my Thai partner over some bills he sent me for work done in December 08 and January 09 (I let people there manufacture stuff for my clients here). For that he already sent a lawyer/representative to face me in court in 3 weeks.

But now my questions:

1) Can I send someone else to that Shareholders meeting? Who can use my voting rights there? I can arrange some legal paper work so that person represents me in that meeting.

2) Without me being there, can they decide to somehow get rid of me, and 'destroy' my shares? (if point 1 fails)

3) There's some profit made last year, will it have to be given to the shareholders?

Another option is to join the meeting by web-conference, but I'm pretty sure there won't be much cooperation to arrange that.

Hi Dutchguy - ask your lawyers to attend the meeting as your proxy.

But now my questions:

Yes, you can give Power of Attorney to someone to represent you.

You only have 40% shares anyway, so can be outvoted

If the majority vote to do that. Yes