Freddie_fly

I have a personal picture in my profile, it is the Yorkshire flag. How do I get this to display on my posts.

I not really too bothered about it, but I think the new 'official' Yorkshire flag is kinda nice and also kinda relevant to me.

I come from Yorkshire....where men are men and sheep are nervous :o:D

regards

Freddie

I come from Yorkshire....where men are men and sheep are nervous :o:burp:

and there is no fly on his Pudding either :D

Or Picture, how to display

Posting Images To The Forum., For oldies as well as noobies. :P

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Posting-Imag...rum-t47781.html

It is pinned on top of this page btw. :D

Yours truly,

Kan Win :jerk:

P.S. :burp:

post-3770-1240579503.jpg

Image nicked from here :D sorry :wai:

Society makes Yorkshire flag official

THE IMAGE of a white rose on a blue background is familiar to most people in Yorkshire and most wouldn't have thought twice about flying it for Yorkshire Day.

But, because it was not included in the official UK register of flags kept by the UK Flag Institute, special planning permission was needed to fly it – a problem the Yorkshire Ridings Society has now tackled.

Roger Sewell from the society explained: "When I found out the Yorkshire flag wasn't on the list, as quickly as I could I got in touch with the Flag Institute and asked what we had to do to get our flag recognised."

Now it can legally be flown at any time, a special flag is being made by JW Plant in Leeds. It will be officially unfurled by the Lord Mayor of Hull on July 29 at 12.30pm at Queens Gardens.

Afterwards, members of the Yorkshire Ridings Society will march with it to York in time for Yorkshire Day on August 1, for the Yorkshire Day celebrations.

There are also plans to then take the flag on to the Yorkshire Post's inaugural Yorkshire Day festival, at Harewood House in Leeds. :D

Edited by Kan Win

Tha can allus tell a Yorkshire man but tha canna tell 'im much

and the Yorkshire man's advice to his son:

See all, hear all, say nowt,

eat all, drink all, pay nowt,

and if ever tha does owt for nowt,

allus do it for thisen.

Amen

I have a personal picture in my profile, it is the Yorkshire flag. How do I get this to display on my posts...

I believe you want to create an avatar, ie show a picture below your user name on every post just like the photo of a banana leaf (storm-damaged) below my name.

1. Save the image on your computer. If larger than 300x300 pixels, reduce it to that size.
  2. On ThaiVisa Forum, click on “My controls”
  3. In the left frame, under “Personal Profile”, click on “Edit Avatar Settings”
  4. On the line “Upload a new image from your computer:”, click on “Browse...”
  5. Select the desired file.
  6. Click on “Update Avatar”

Please note that if the image you use as your avatar is not square, it will be compressed into a square shape and thus distorted. This will not look good for your flag. I suggest that you first change it into a square by cutting off as necessary on the right and the left side. At present, your image is 460x288 pixels, which means that you should cut off 86 pixels on each side to arrive at 288x288 pixels. During the update of the avatar this will be compressed to 90x90 pixels for display as avatar but members can right-click on it and view the size you uploaded, in your case 288x288 pixels.

--

Maestro

This is your flag reduced to a square shape, for use as your avatar. Save it to your hard disk, then upload it as your avatar. It is a lovely flag and will make your posts easily recgognisable at a glance.

post-21260-1241295401_thumb.jpg

--

Maestro