Ais

brommers

:)

I bought a One Two Call package 15 months ago when I first moved here to retire. It was a surprise to discover that if I did not buy a THB300 card every 30 days my service would be suspended, not like I am used to in other countries, but I persevered. I now wish to change the arrangement to one that a friend has where his 1-2 Call service lasts 12 months before suspension. I enquired at the Wizz shop in Kad Suan Kaew & was told that I would have to buy another SIM & change my number. So how about changing from pre-paid to a post paid contract? Yes, I would have to forefeit the 1957 baht credit that I have got on this plan and buy a new SIM! So whatever I want to do I have to change my number which means contacting friends all over the world.

I went to the AIS website & pressed for the English pages. My computer told me the English site contained malware, so I searched the Thai pages for an email address, but can not find one. So I called 1175, their Call Centre, pressed 2 for English & listened to Thai for 3 minutes until a girl spoke to me in Thai. At this point I cut the call, went to the Dtac website & found a joyfully competent English site that answered all my questions. Goodbye AIS, hello Dtac. I still have to contact everyone to tell them of my new number but at least I seem to have found a mobile service provider that is capable of offering first world service. The proof will come as soon as I sign up, tomorrow.

I bought a One Two Call package 15 months ago when I first moved here to retire. It was a surprise to discover that if I did not buy a THB300 card every 30 days my service would be suspended, not like I am used to in other countries, but I persevered. I now wish to change the arrangement to one that a friend has where his 1-2 Call service lasts 12 months before suspension. I enquired at the Wizz shop in Kad Suan Kaew & was told that I would have to buy another SIM & change my number. So how about changing from pre-paid to a post paid contract? Yes, I would have to forefeit the 1957 baht credit that I have got on this plan and buy a new SIM! So whatever I want to do I have to change my number which means contacting friends all over the world.

I went to the AIS website & pressed for the English pages. My computer told me the English site contained malware, so I searched the Thai pages for an email address, but can not find one. So I called 1175, their Call Centre, pressed 2 for English & listened to Thai for 3 minutes until a girl spoke to me in Thai. At this point I cut the call, went to the Dtac website & found a joyfully competent English site that answered all my questions. Goodbye AIS, hello Dtac. I still have to contact everyone to tell them of my new number but at least I seem to have found a mobile service provider that is capable of offering first world service. The proof will come as soon as I sign up, tomorrow.

Out of the frying pan and into the fire. :D

AIS recently changed the terms of their service. You can change your plan without changing your number. My friend changed his plan and has the same number. He had to go somewhere specific in order to accomplish this; not the neighborhood mobile shop.

I might add that my friend speaks Thai. He said that it would not have been possible to get it done had he showed up speaking only English.

Edited by elektrified

I have been with AIS for 9 years .Recently ,while in Bali. I was texted that my service would be suspended if i didnt top up quick smart. i usually buy 300 baht cards at 7/11 as I dont make a lot of calls and have the phone mainly in case of emergencies. I got back from Bali with a few hours to spare to retain my number.Customer loyalty means nothing to these companies. I too will be going elsewhere,and wont be back, even if it means losing my number which is a pain in the a-se

AIS recently changed the terms of their service. You can change your plan without changing your number. My friend changed his plan and has the same number. He had to go somewhere specific in order to accomplish this; not the neighborhood mobile shop.

I might add that my friend speaks Thai. He said that it would not have been possible to get it done had he showed up speaking only English.

I was told these things today at the AIS shop & Thai friend did all the talking. If their staff do not know about the change that you refer to it speaks volumes about their staff training. And if AIS has a website containing malware, no email contact & a Call Centre that says press 2 for English & then follows it with all Thai advertising & a Thai speaking customer services agent then I reckon they are pretty dam_n incompetent.

Sorry but I fail to see why I should patronise them further & even though they dont give a <deleted> about customers I reserve the right to moan & biatch!!

Most of the problems above are caused by the customer not making sure they are on the price plan that suits them. They just presume AIS will put them on the correct plan. YEAH RIGHT! Its not hard to do people. Either call the service centre where they have good English speaking staff on 1175 or do it yourself. There is even a pinned thread listing all the price plans on TV. You can select a different plan by dialling *777 then going through the plans. When you hear the one you want select it. Not rocket science. Been with AIS for years and have no complaints. I have had less trouble with AIS than I ever did back in the UK with the networks there. OH how people forget soon enough. :)

AIS has a card (sim) costs 30 baht plus up to you first payment. You don't need to do more than one time per year make a call. I use this card already a long time. In other words... no need to buy 300 baht cards valid 30 days.

About Dtac: How about being charged for the telephonecalls made by the former owner of that number? They did with me. Calls before the date I signed the contract.

I agree: Out of the frying pan and into the fire.

Most of the problems above are caused by the customer not making sure they are on the price plan that suits them. They just presume AIS will put them on the correct plan. YEAH RIGHT! Its not hard to do people. Either call the service centre where they have good English speaking staff on 1175 or do it yourself. There is even a pinned thread listing all the price plans on TV. You can select a different plan by dialling *777 then going through the plans. When you hear the one you want select it. Not rocket science. Been with AIS for years and have no complaints. I have had less trouble with AIS than I ever did back in the UK with the networks there. OH how people forget soon enough. :)

All I want is to make a simple change of plan as my needs have changed. If you read my words you would see that I DID call the Call Centre, pressed 2 for English & got nothing but Thai speech. I DID try the website & it is infected according to my anti-virus protection. All that AIS had to do is behave like a client centred company & switch me to what I now want. Not difficult, but obviously not in the AIS lexicon. By the way I have not used a UK mobile company, but have had far better servic e from my South African one.

I changed my plan with no such problems.

I called the service center, pressed two for english and got a customer service representative who said "sawadee kha" I said hello, I would like to change my plan and she answered me in quite clear english.

I changed my plan based on the plans listed on their website, to one that charges a bit more for usage but gives you a much cheaper top up for 30 days (100 baht) . I think its called sawasdee mae yok.

here is the webpage with all current promotions and I do not get any notice of malware on this page.

http://www.12call.ais.co.th/en/Content/Pro...on_Current.html

I have both AIS and DTAC.

AIS is prepaid (1-2-Call), DTAC is a postpaid account.

I have changed my AIS plan oh maybe 4 times in the last 3 years.

Go to their main facility on Tapae Road.

Enter their very nice aircon service center, and get a ticket stub from the greeter by the entrance.

Request "foreigner". From that moment on, you will have all communication (overhead announcements, service reps) in English.

When your number is called, you will be directed to staff who are fluent in English. Request a review of all the plans, and select one that suits you.

I don't know about the number portability issue. Suffice to say I have the same number today, that I had 3 years ago when I first got my AIS SIM at a Telewhiz in MBK in Bangkok....

I've been using DTAC for 10 years and have never had any problems with them. I use them as my primary Internet connection using EDGE and find service and reliability to be excellent. My wife has AIS and complains about it regularly. She won't change to DTAC because she has a lucky phone number she paid a lot for. :)

Thanks for the advice. Over & out.