Don't Understand Visa Hassle

HI there

I might be a little stupid but I am still not clear on the visa issues.

How can a regular guy of 48 like me get a visa for 3, 6 or 12 months without running border all the time. I am just here for a couple of weeks and have to extend or do the border thing.

Who can advise me?

At 48 you do not qualify for what is affectionately known as a retirement visa (qualifying age is 50) this enables you to stay in the Kingdom one year at a time subject to you meeting financial/health requirements . One of the other options for 1 year stay is marriage to a Thai national.......subject again to certain requirements. If you are purely a tourist looking for longer stays than 30 days you need either to apply for a Tourist Visa in your home country or obtain one in a neighbouring country to Thailand (normally Malaysia for ease) .....Tourist visa's are issued in the form of either single, double or triple entry.........a single will give you 60 day stay upon arrival which can be extended by 30 days at local immigration within Thailand (fee 1900 baht)......a double entry visa enables you to leave the country after the 60+30 day stay and immediately re-enter using the second entry on the visa and obtain another 60+30 day stay......a triple entry simply repeats the procedure one more time so in effect you could stay a total of almost 9 months without having to obtain a "new" visa.............note, a triple might be difficult to obtain in S.E Asia and is best applied for in your home country.