Honda Cbr150 Vs Tiger Rs 250

Could someone post a couple of high-res pix of the Tiger 250RS? Or post a link to good pix of the bike that seems to be growing in popularity, at least on TV.

I've looked high and low for same but only came across tiny web-res shots. I also searched Thaivisa, full of shots of its competitors but none of the subject bike.

Thanks a bunch.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony,

Check on the green CBR 600; stunning.

And I didn't mean to sound so harsh, but unfortunately the Ninja falls into the same class as the CBR. It's 'slightly' faster; but not as fast as the 'real' big bikes. And yes I'm lumping even your ER-6N in with the zx1400, pretty much obliterating the 'middleweight' class.

In the real world, the Ninja 250 is a beginner's bike, as is the CBR 150.

Could someone post a couple of high-res pix of the Tiger 250RS? Or post a link to good pix of the bike that seems to be growing in popularity, at least on TV.

I've looked high and low for same but only came across tiny web-res shots. I also searched Thaivisa, full of shots of its competitors but none of the subject bike.

Thanks a bunch.

Hi ,

Here some picture of my Boxer,

mbox

post-39208-1242793647_thumb.jpgpost-39208-1242793636_thumb.jpg

post-39208-1242793624_thumb.jpgpost-39208-1242793661_thumb.jpg

post-39208-1242793672_thumb.jpgpost-39208-1242793682_thumb.jpg

post-39208-1242793692_thumb.jpgpost-39208-1242793709_thumb.jpg

post-39208-1242793720_thumb.jpgpost-39208-1242793738_thumb.jpg

post-39208-1242793754_thumb.jpgpost-39208-1242793765_thumb.jpg

Edited by mbox

Mbox, yours looks far nicer than the one on display in CM.

Hmm, strange only thing that was added to standard was the topbox , windscreen and an kickstarter...in CM it should look the same...are you sure it is the 250rs you saw?

mbox

In the real world, the Ninja 250 is a beginner's bike, as is the CBR 150.

^ LOL Dave,

Surely Thailand does not count as "the real world"? :)

Bikers new to riding in the Land of Smiles would be best served by leaving their pre-conceived notions back home. For example, back in the States I think you'll admit that the general stereotype is that only women, beginners and midgets ride anything smaller than 600cc. But riding in Thailand is a whole different ballgame! There are plenty of roads here where a Ninjette or baby CBR will beat the pants off bigger bikes.

Happy Trails!

Tony

Fishenough, I agree. I bet with that big windscreen and upright riding position it's a joy to cruise on.

Surely Thailand does not count as "the real world"? :)

Bikers new to riding in the Land of Smiles would be best served by leaving their pre-conceived notions back home. For example, back in the States I think you'll admit that the general stereotype is that only women, beginners and midgets ride anything smaller than 600cc. But riding in Thailand is a whole different ballgame! There are plenty of roads here where a Ninjette or baby CBR will beat the pants off bigger bikes.

When they finally abolish those ridiculous import taxes and earning potential of citizens to afford bikes we'll consider it a part of the 'real world'.

Edited by dave_boo

Hmm, strange only thing that was added to standard was the topbox , windscreen and an kickstarter...in CM it should look the same...are you sure it is the 250rs you saw?

mbox

Yes, though it still has plastic on the seat and only a couple of KM's on the clock, it's dirtier and the down pipe is discolored. And that was a compliment about your bike - hey your pictures were great for showing the missus a RS.

Noticed the Kickstarter; what that cost to have installed? Same lady in question has been leaving lights on in truck, cars and bikes like forever. Found out last week a couple of shops couldn't charge her, dead from the key being left on all night in the garage, 08 Click 'as it was too new a model'. :)

mbox

Yes, though it still has plastic on the seat and only a couple of KM's on the clock, it's dirtier and the down pipe is discolored. And that was a compliment about your bike - hey your pictures were great for showing the missus a RS.

Noticed the Kickstarter; what that cost to have installed? Same lady in question has been leaving lights on in truck, cars and bikes like forever. Found out last week a couple of shops couldn't charge her, dead from the key being left on all night in the garage, 08 Click 'as it was too new a model'. :)

Hi & hope your missus also likes the RS.

The kickstarter comes for free (you need to contact khun pariya when order as he will arrange this for you- he's working for tiger), the windscreen and the mount for the topbox was total about 1500 THB...try this one with another brand - you easily pay double. Will get in 2 days a digital speedo installed from tiger, this is the original speedo for the sachs x-road and the price is 1600 THB ...will post the pics once done.

mbox

I own a cbr150 myself but have never ridden the 250rs. Have to say the more I look at the tiger the better it gets and for only a few thousand more than a cbr, though I do prefer the riding position of a cbr. That cbr600 in matt black is stunning, I want one!!

I own a cbr150 myself but have never ridden the 250rs. Have to say the more I look at the tiger the better it gets and for only a few thousand more than a cbr, though I do prefer the riding position of a cbr. That cbr600 in matt black is stunning, I want one!!

^ I hear ya man! CBR 600's seem pretty rare in Thailand, while I've seen tons of CBR1000's

Red Baron seems to sell at least half a dozen every month. How does this stunning '04 Repsol strike you?

090425-0000362.jpg

What a beauty and only 368,000฿ :D

Yikes- someone hide my wallet~~~ That's really not such a bad price... Not so much more than a new ER6f but will eat the Kwacker for breakfast... :)

Edited by BigBikeBKK

^ I hear ya man! CBR 600's seem pretty rare in Thailand, while I've seen tons of CBR1000's

Red Baron seems to sell at least half a dozen every month. How does this stunning '04 Repsol strike you?

090425-0000362.jpg

What a beauty and only 368,000฿ :D

Yikes- someone hide my wallet~~~ That's really not such a bad price... Not so much more than a new ER6f but will eat the Kwacker for breakfast... :)

Yep I went to see that bike last week, it's a bit shabbier in the flesh than it looks in the photo to be honest, but still not a bad deal seeing as you'd probably get it for 350k and Red Baron have a good reputation for books.

There's a stunning red 2007 R1 in there as well, but that's over 500k IIRC.

mbox

The kickstarter comes for free (you need to contact khun pariya when order as he will arrange this for you- he's working for tiger), the windscreen and the mount for the topbox was total about 1500 THB...try this one with another brand - you easily pay double. Will get in 2 days a digital speedo installed from tiger, this is the original speedo for the sachs x-road and the price is 1600 THB ...will post the pics once done.

mbox

OK, this is the first (non-rocket, non-cruiser) bike I've seen in Thailand that I liked. I just can't get my head around those 125 Clicks, Sonics and such. Although I do like the Fino. But it's an autobox, fergoonessake! That actually may be more convenient in stop and go traffic there though.

Anyway, Mbox, thanks so much for the detailed and clear images! I could live with that bike, no problem. I do like the dual-sport height and narrowness of it.

It doesn't look like it but does a centrestand fit on that bike? And those tires look pretty good. Name brand?

Thanks again. 539598710_3H85m-Th.gif

mbox

mbox

OK, this is the first (non-rocket, non-cruiser) bike I've seen in Thailand that I liked. I just can't get my head around those 125 Clicks, Sonics and such. Although I do like the Fino. But it's an autobox, fergoonessake! That actually may be more convenient in stop and go traffic there though.

Anyway, Mbox, thanks so much for the detailed and clear images! I could live with that bike, no problem. I do like the dual-sport height and narrowness of it.

It doesn't look like it but does a centrestand fit on that bike? And those tires look pretty good. Name brand?

Thanks again. 539598710_3H85m-Th.gif

Hi Fish.....,

The bike is great and you will love that bike i am sure.My last bike was a 1200cc vmax..sure not the same but the boxer still covers for the spoiled biker...:-) the advantages are,as you already saw , the height, the narrowness ,and also it actually gives some great torque...plus the allround ability.

there is no centerstand on my bike nor is it standard . the tires are standard "eagle"brand - tubed tires...once they are off i will add tubeless tires...but the current ones ain't bad.

mbox

Edited by mbox

Pleas tell me which motorcycle that does NOT take the speed reading from the static front wheel, I'll be sure to avoid that one at all costs. In all my life I have not seen one yet. Might be interesting to ponder the "why?"

Harley Iron Heads spring to mind. Some Honda VFR. Honda VT1100. All of these BMW models (R25/3, R26, R27, R50, R60, R69, R50/2, R60/2, R50S, R69S, R50/US, R60/US, R69US, R50/5, R60/5, R75/5, R50/6, R60/6, R75/6, R90/6, R90S) and possibly more. I'm sure I've missed some, but there's more out there than you'd think.

Who would've thought? Learn something new every day.

Thanks a bunch.

I am posting Hi Res RS250 photos now. Look for the Tiger RS250 info thread/topic. Sorry I don't have the link handy.

John

I've done it now. I went into the Honda dealer today and saw a sparkling brand new red CBR150. Although it seems a little small, it is oh so beautiful....and it's a Honda. Crap, why can't they just make a CBR250 in Thailand and get it over with. As beautiful as it is, for all around use I'll still have to go with the Tiger RS250. I sure hope they stand behind their product.

I've done it now. I went into the Honda dealer today and saw a sparkling brand new red CBR150. Although it seems a little small, it is oh so beautiful....and it's a Honda. Crap, why can't they just make a CBR250 in Thailand and get it over with. As beautiful as it is, for all around use I'll still have to go with the Tiger RS250. I sure hope they stand behind their product.

So you ordered the Tiger Boxer??? what color???

mbox

He Johnefallis,

Tiger is surely supporting their products, it is Honda which doesn't support it's products. There is for 2-years no news about development or future of the Honda CBR150R, the Honda CBR150R is not on display for 2-years at the yearly Bangkok Motorshow. This year one of the girls was even able to say that they not have a CBR150R. So she had a little list of bikes, and the CBR150R was not on there so nohave....

Honda was once the big promoter of big bikes in Thailand, but that all died down, and now Honda has concentrated on producing 110cc bikes, maybe we can expect a CBR110i soon...(that was a joke, I not expect they do that)

Edited by Richard-BKK

He Johnefallis,

Tiger is surely supporting their products, it is Honda which doesn't support it's products. There is for 2-years no news about development or future of the Honda CBR150R, the Honda CBR150R is not on display for 2-years at the yearly Bangkok Motorshow. This year one of the girls was even able to say that they not have a CBR150R. So she had a little list of bikes, and the CBR150R was not on there so nohave....

Honda was once the big promoter of big bikes in Thailand, but that all died down, and now Honda has concentrated on producing 110cc bikes, maybe we can expect a CBR110i soon...(that was a joke, I not expect they do that)

Can confirm that, had excellent service from Tiger...can't imagine this service from the other big brands,

mbox

Hi Mbox did you get the new speedo fitted if so how is it. that was the one thing i didn't like about the 250rs i borrowed (oh and the seat)

Hi Thaicbr,

You are right about the speedo.

I got the new Digital Speedo already (since 2 days)and posted a picture of it on "Tiger Boxer Modification" thread, i also got the same time a 34 sprocket on the back...i am very happy with the changes so far. But will need to drive a little more specially the hilly area to check about the sprocket...on the reular flat i find the gain on acceleration 2nd & 3rd gear is really nice....and travel speed can be done on lower rev also....

mbox

Hi blondie

Stick with your Honda.i dont have a problem to say its probably the best machine.

Can you say anything constructive about Tiger ?Why not ? you probable never had ridden one? what did tiger wrong to you ? I really would like to know ????????

the boxer isnt a 239 cc its only 232.6 cc You even know less about Tiger than I thought

post-69913-1243177838_thumb.jpg

warmest regards

Charlie

Basically who cares how much displacement the engine actually has, the Boxer 250 RS runs smooth. And to a fact Honda sells several models that actual are 233cc, also Yamaha with its XT250 was a 233cc.

What we know for sure is that the Tiger Boxer 250 RS is also on sale in 2010, can anybody say the same for the Honda CBR150R