Long Weekend

Tywais

I believe there has been some posts regarding the two days holiday next week. Unfortunately I only found out today that Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday is now a public holiday. The extra day, Monday, was announced by the government to allow for a long weekend. So those who planned on going to immigration on Monday should check in advance if they are open.

Does anyone have an official statement of this in English? That all 3 days are a public holiday for everyone, not just banks and government?

My apologies for using the term public holiday, that should be government holiday.

Tuesday, July 7 is Asarnha Bucha Day, and July 8 the first day of Buddhist Lent (Khao Phansa).

The Thai Cabinet has declared Monday, July 6 to Wednesday, July 8 to be holidays for government workers, while July 7 and 8 will also be bank holidays.

Topic in the Phuket News forum > http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Confusion-Re...-B-t277843.html

Tuesday, July 7 is Asarnha Bucha Day, and July 8 the first day of Buddhist Lent (Khao Phansa).

The Thai Cabinet has declared Monday, July 6 to Wednesday, July 8 to be holidays for government workers, while July 7 and 8 will also be bank holidays.

Time to get your camera out then 'Tywais' :D

Happy snapping to you all :)

Yours truly,

Win in Kan :D

My whole LIFE is one long weekend! :D Retirement is great! :) I just got back from 3 days of fishing and now have to process about 100 pounds of salmon. Life is good. :D:D

Love it mate.Enjoy your salmon.

Just thought on though Ian, this is the shortest reply I've seen you make!!!! :D

Edited by longstebe

So Banks will be closed Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday???!!!

From BOT

"The Cabinet's Resolution on 17 February 2009 has declared 6 July 2009 to be

special public holiday.

Therefore, the Bank of Thailand (BOT) hereby announces that 6 July 2009 has

been set as a special additional holiday for financial institutions. The BOT considers that

the additional holiday, which is announced well ahead in advance, should not cause any

material adverse effects on financial transactions or economic activities."

Can anyone clarify??