Us Ambassy Staff In Pattaya

cigarchuck

how often do they come to pattaya?

does ur PP have to be full before u can ask for extra pages?

thanks

sgh

No it doesn't - better to get it before it gets full and it's free!! You must apply in person at the US Embassy in BKK (Wireless Rd) - make appointment online to avoid a 2 to 3 hr wait.

thanks

sgh

I had about 5 pages left in mine when I had more added. Though they don't do page additions on their visits to Pattaya, you can give them the PP and they will take it back to Bangkok and you can go pick it up later or send someone with a letter from you.

Edited by rmicheald

thanks

sgh

I had about 5 pages left in mine when I had more added. Though they don't do page additions on their visits to Pattaya, you can give them the PP and they will take it back to Bangkok and you can go pick it up later or send someone with a letter from you.

Well, frankly, that's kind of useless as they do the page adds same day on the spot in Bangkok. If you have to go to Bangkok anyway to get it back, I don't see the benefit of being able to hand it in at Pattaya.

I assume they do pension letters for retirement extensions during these outreach visits, yes?

Edited by Jingthing

:) Does anyone have advance notice[not official notice] when the US Ambassy staff will be in Pattaya? Sent e-mail to US Embassy in Bangkok- no reply. Telephone to get information is a joke. :D

AMERICAN CONSULAR OUTREACH VISIT TO PATTAYA ON JULY 28 -- Gary Hacker, Pattaya Warden for the US Embassy, advises that the representatives from the Consular Section of the US Embassy in Bangkok will be visiting Pattaya on July 28, 2009 from 8am to 12 noon at the Rice Mill Room, Pattaya Marriot Resort & Spa, 218 Beach Road (next door to the Royal Garden Plaza). The following consular services will be available: passport renewal application (fee US$75 or 2,550 Baht for adult; US$85 or 2,850 Baht for child); notarial services and certified copies, which include income affidavits for retirees that need them for renewing their extensions of stay with Thai Immigration (fee US$30 or 1,020 Baht); limited answers for questions about Social Security, Veterans Administration, or other federal benefits. They ask that you bring the exact amount as they will not have change. Also, they will not be able to add pages to passports during the visit, but they can accept applications and take your passport back to Bangkok to add the pages. The passports will then have to be picked up in person (or by a friend upon presentation of a letter of authorization signed by the applicant) at the Embassy.