Ais Gprs Over Charging

halfhead

I dont know if it was widespread or a one off problem

but last night while using my gprs package which still had 100 something mins left

I noticed they were using my call credit instead,

After a few calls today I was refunded but they denied it at first,

Keep an eye on it anyway

I dont know if it was widespread or a one off problem

but last night while using my gprs package which still had 100 something mins left

I noticed they were using my call credit instead,

After a few calls today I was refunded but they denied it at first,

Keep an eye on it anyway

I had a B3000 over charge due to GPRS while I was overseas (outside of Thailand). I turned on my phone, but made no calls and did not log onto GPRS.

AIS are blaming it on MMS messages that I received from one unwanted Thai news network site (T-News - its in Thai so I can't even read it properly if I wanted to).

AIS are also saying that they are not responsible, I am saying neither am I because I didn't open the messages. I still believe its a GPRS connection problem.

AIS are still trying to charge me by offering me promotions and backdating them to cut the B3000 down to B1000 - But I have stuck to my principles on this one and told them that this is not a solution, its simply ignoring the problem which will happen again if I turn on my phone while over-seas.

I believe that the GPRS overcharge is not an isolated occurance and happens to many in Thailand, however, the packages are generally cheap so people may not notice the 'over-use', but over seas usage they'll notice.

Standard modus operandi for all Telcos - possession is 9/10 the law.

Demand a supervisor - you will get your money back - eventually, without quibble - they do know they have an

illegitimate operation going down - and they will get the other 100,000 subscribers every hour.

Bubba

I had a B3000 over charge due to GPRS while I was overseas (outside of Thailand). I turned on my phone, but made no calls and did not log onto GPRS.

maybe there's something running in the backgound (automatic email check, SIP client, A-GPS.. etc.. ?) on your phone.

3000 baht for 1 MMS sounds a bit expensive.. :)

Edited by bangla

AIS are rip-off merchants.

I subscribed to the 199 Baht per month unlimited call deal: (60 minutes of talk then hang up and start again 5.00am-5.00pm). They suddenly changed this on 15th July and changed it to 19 minutes of call then hang-up.

They didn't inform of the change by text.

Suddenly I had zero credit, because minutes over 19 minutes are 3 baht per minute.

I called 1175 and demanded to unsubscribe. The operator explained it was 300 Baht to unsubscribe and to re-credit phone.

I didn't want to lose my number so I had to do this.

Never fall for any of their promotions. Also, beware of the unsolicited SMS messages they send which deduct 2 baht per message.

I had a 12,000 baht gprs charge with AIS and still had the pre paid 120 hours showing on the same bill un used.  ?????    They had been charging full rate by the minute and not using the pre paid.  Still it took all day to get it fixed and they really wanted me to pay it. :)  

I use AIS 999Baht a month Unlimited Data Mobile, or something like that.

Just put 1100 Baht on the SIM, call them up, tell them you want unlimited data access for the next 30 days, give them the phone number and within a few minutes you're on. No contract.

Just to add, it's a 12CALL SIM.

Also, been very slow of late, dire in fact. If you can get DTAC try them instead.

Edited by MJP

I use AIS 999Baht a month Unlimited Data Mobile, or something like that.

Just put 1100 Baht on the SIM, call them up, tell them you want unlimited data access for the next 30 days, give them the phone number and within a few minutes you're on. No contract.

Just to add, it's a 12CALL SIM.

Also, been very slow of late, dire in fact. If you can get DTAC try them instead.

Back when I used it, I wanted to do that and they never had the unlimited account.  Always had to buy in units which never cover a month of service.  Big pain in the lower parts.  But gprs speed is only half of dial up speed if that and won't stay connected around here more then a minute or two, so has become worthless for years now.  It can't be trusted around here even for checking web based email.  Won't do any good for us.

In defense of AIS every time I have had a mishap with overcharging my phone credit through the GPRS option they have addressed the issue quickly and I've had a refund within 24 hours AND they have refunded the amount I estimated to have been taken. Last week they double dipped my 350 + vat account and after I pointed it out to them not only did they refund the 2nd dipping they left me with the extra 6000 minutes --- happy days. :)

We have over 20 phones on AIS, over half with unlimited GRPS data connections for Blackberry.

They are by far the cheapest mobile phone operators that i have come across.

I have a contract with Starhub in Singapore who charge you for changing your underpants. I have a contract with Vodafone in UK who charge you for the paper you wipe with. At least you know where you stand with AIS, and its truly cheap as chips.

My last bill was 17,000THB for the month. That was approaching probably 1GB of downloading data with push email, and an MSN Messenger online constantly on Blackberry, on roaming throughout Europe, not to mention god knows how many hours of calls.

My normal bill is about 3,000TBH per month with 2 weeks spent roaming in Singapore with all that Data. I think AIS is great! My standing bill on my Singapore mobile is approaching that amount.

No idea what True move are like as i have never used them, but if they are half as good as AIS then id say go with them!