Soi Dogs

Mick303

Good Morning all,

I am sick and tired of taking a walk only to be barked or even attacked by those scabby Soi dogs, I live in the Pratumnak area and every Soi I walk down has these wild pack's, even the beach is infested, is there a goverment dept to deal with Soi dogs!!,

sometimes I carry my stick, but some dogs see the stick and go for you, "obviously been whacked before" what can be done?

I bought a Dazer-II. It works with the dogs who annoy me here but it doesn't work on all dogs. Trained police dogs will not be deterred and some dogs just cannot hear it. Worth a try, though.

If you're dealing with packs you might need more than one :) . And carry that big stick, also.

Edited by lothda

Good Morning all,

I am sick and tired of taking a walk only to be barked or even attacked by those scabby Soi dogs, I live in the Pratumnak area and every Soi I walk down has these wild pack's, even the beach is infested, is there a goverment dept to deal with Soi dogs!!,

sometimes I carry my stick, but some dogs see the stick and go for you, "obviously been whacked before" what can be done?

to keep them at bay you can use pepper spray.

Ive been bitten twice for no reason ,the next one gets the SPECIAL chicken ive prepared :) .ive always had dogs ,but ive changed from a dog lover to a dog hater,one attacted me on my bike, i went back in my truck to run him over, but he was gone, typical,.

A few years back when I lived in Pratumnak (the "Beverly Hill of Pattaya, remember :) ) I was having a similar problem with dogs. I complained to the Tourist Police on Walking Street. They were vaguely sympathetic, but did nothing to help. The problem is that Pratumnak is mainly a quiet residential area rather than a bustling tourist one. If dozens of tourists were having this problem and complaining about it, they might do something. There used to be a vicious dog near L'Olivier's restaurant in Jomtien Complex which bit several people. I don't know who sorted it out, but the dog disappeared fairly quickly. As far as I can see, you've really got three options:

1) Move to a busier area where the dogs are kept under control.

2) Hire a Thai guy to get rid of the worst offenders.

3) You can try poisoning them, or whatever else, yourself, but if you get caught the Thais will probably be pretty upset with you and you probably will have to pay compensation.

I'd suggest option 1), it worked for me anyway. Plus living 200 m from Jomtien Beach is much nicer than existing in the empty wastelands of Pratumnak.

I bought an airsoft pistol and now I just shoot them when they come to close. Used to use pepper spray but is the shits if little windy.

Never had one police man say anything about my pistol.

better watch out mate, there might be a hefty fine for brandishing that thing on the streets of LOS

:)

nope, no problems, I even took it to the local police station to ask about haveing one, and they said this....

No problems with have'n this gun as it is in a grey area of legality. There are no rules in Thailand yet for Airsoft guns. As they are under 1000ftscd muzzle voloscity.

They themselves also have them here and use them regularly for target practice.

Couple weeks back I had a boy that kept come'n and stealing fruit from my trees, Police man told me to shoot him with my pistol.

I now go to target practice with them.

I have even ask a high rake'n officer in bkk about carrying one. He said what ever makes me happy.

No law against it!

Thank's People for your contributions, why cant we send them to Essan? hear they eat them up there!!!!

I've driven all over the place looking but I can never find dog meat on sale. Had to settle for field rat. :)

I tried calling City Hall about the pack of Soi Dogs in my Soi, they said they would come to look.

Maybe they did come because the dogs seem to be going less and less now, I am not sure if the Dogs just took off to a new Soi or City Hall actually did do something.

There use to be about 20 of them, now down to 2 or 3.

If you write to Pattaya Mail (They are always desperate for letters) and explain how bad the situation is on your soi then soon after they will arrange a cull. This really works, because all letters in local rags are discussed at the Pattaya council meetings.

Good Morning all,

Perhaps the dogs have taken an intense dislike to you.

I live on Parumnak Hill and often take long walks around the park where there are plenty of wild dogs. They never chase me or even bark at me and I never carry a stick. Many Thais and even some foreigners befriend these dogs and even feed them and give them drinking water.

Dogs can sense when someone is frightened. Leave them alone and they won't bother you.

hard to know what to do in that situation...poison in a sausage if it gets out of hand ...most of the dogs u are talking about are really hungry looking scabby looking fookers ...they should be fined for having dogs in that state ,,,cruelty to animals ..is there no RSPCA in thailand

Good Morning all,

A hardy and savoury stew? :)

Good Morning all,

A hardy and savoury stew? :D

yes theyre so hungry ..probably a good feed like that would kill them :)

being a soi dog is an apprentiship

1 hunt in packs

2 claim the roads and pavements as your own and have people walk around you

3 stare at people with a passionate hatred contempt and jealousy

4 be capable of random and vicious acts of violence

when all the above criteria have been met and can be suitable maintained your are then promoted with a sleaveless flourecsent jacket and a moped and you become a motor bike taxi driver