Best Steak In Bangkok?

Geekfreaklover

very difficult to get a properly cooked good steak in Bangkok. Too much british influence where very rare means medium to them. A good steak like "chateuxbriand" needs bernaise sauce, seldom available.

The Dukes in Chiangmai has the best steaks in Thailand, I reckon.

Cote De Bouf with Bearnaise sauce at Indigo French Restaurant in Silom on Convent. 1500 baht for two... this is Thai French beef by the way.

Rib Eye or Tenderloin from New Zealand 250gr cooked how you like it for 459 baht at Molly Malone's.

both places are very good.

Edited by onnut

I agree that Check Inn 99 is pretty good but I like Niel's Tavern better. Haven't been there in quite awhile though.

where is Niel's Tavern please? I have heard a lot about this place.

It's on Soi Ruam Rudee near to where it meets Wireless Road.

I agree Neil's. They have one on Ruam Rudee and they opened another one on Asoke next to the SINO-THAI Tower

They have a bakery that is good to. Price is fair for what you get. I do believe its the best in Bangkok.

I hate at the Outback it's ok.

I was in Neil's teavern, RuamRudee this week and the steaks are still excellent.

Another new place for a good steak is the Australian Bar in Suk soi 11.ly been opened a few months, but the fillet steak medium rare is just perfevt with pink and blood in the centre, well worth trying

I was in Neil's teavern, RuamRudee this week and the steaks are still excellent.

Another new place for a good steak is the Australian Bar in Suk soi 11.ly been opened a few months, but the fillet steak medium rare is just perfevt with pink and blood in the centre, well worth trying

I ate at Neil's late last year and I have to say that, imho,the steak was pretty bad. I have eaten there once before and that time I thought it was ok, but nothing to rave about.

As far as the Aussie Pub on soi 11-

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Aussie-Pub-Soi-11-t282056.html

Thanks people for all the suggestions..

We ended up going to the Chokchai on askoe last night. It was ok. But the fillet was not cooked medium - more like well done. The Chilian Cabernet Sav red was alright after we got the first glass down. Won't be going back.

I like the Check inn 99, but its just a too seedy and sticky place for a date.

I wonder if there is somewhere in Bangkok that seves Argentianian steak?

I ate at Neil's late last year and I have to say that, imho,the steak was pretty bad. I have eaten there once before and that time I thought it was ok, but nothing to rave about.

As far as the Aussie Pub on soi 11-

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Aussie-Pub-Soi-11-t282056.html

I've been to that Aussie place and I won't be going back on general principle.

Thanks people for all the suggestions..

We ended up going to the Chokchai on askoe last night. It was ok. But the fillet was not cooked medium - more like well done. The Chilian Cabernet Sav red was alright after we got the first glass down. Won't be going back.

I like the Check inn 99, but its just a too seedy and sticky place for a date.

I wonder if there is somewhere in Bangkok that seves Argentianian steak?

Tenderloins soi 33, 895 baht. Aussie Angus Tenderloin 995 baht.

If you have a car try Chokchai steakhouse in Rangsit, on vibhavadi rd on the inbound frontage road just past future park. Nice choice of steaks and all of them are properly aged.

Is there something different with the one in Rangsit and the one off Sukhumvit?

Can you wear shorts in any of these?

Now if you need to ask.... :D

I don't mind paying their astronomical steak prices, but I resent having to buy a pair of long trousers that I will never wear again to do so!

I am sure there must be another "special" occasion in which one needs to wear trousers.... :)

If you have a car try Chokchai steakhouse in Rangsit, on vibhavadi rd on the inbound frontage road just past future park. Nice choice of steaks and all of them are properly aged.

Is there something different with the one in Rangsit and the one off Sukhumvit?

Maybe they only serve frozen vegetables at Rangsit. :)

Tried it once, it was ok, but certainly won't be going back.

Can you wear shorts in any of these?

Now if you need to ask.... :)

I don't mind paying their astronomical steak prices, but I resent having to buy a pair of long trousers that I will never wear again to do so!

How quaintly provincial.

Short trousers are fine on young boys and the beach but you're surely not advocating they be worn by adults whilst out and about the town?

I have an American chum who does this in Bangkok from time to time, much to my embarrassment, but I suppose he feels that at his stage in life he doesn't need to give a care.

Are you elderly too?