Best Place For Eye Glasses

randomchase

I've also got glasses from vision centre and have been very impressed with their service. These were my first glasses, therefore I don't have much to compare them to. Has anyone here had any experience with the chain opticians like Beautiful Optical etc? They seem to be quite a bit cheaper and nearly always have promotions.

MP

I've had two experiences with Beautiful Optical (in Airport Plaza), both VERY negative, won't go near them again!

/ Priceless

The chain eyeglass places can be much more expensive than Vision Center because all the cute female staffers will convince you to buy expensive frames.

Once at KSK, Hubby went wandering off while I was doing some very important shopping. (OK, I was trying on shoes.) I found him at a chain eyeglass place where the charming young women had plied him with orange juice and told him how handsome he looked in the Versace frames he'd "selected". He had had no clue that "Versace" is a code word for really expensive stuff. They ran up a calculator tape with all the costs, including his lenses, bifocials, tinting and lord-knows-what-else he'd agreed to and I promptly pulled him out of there. I hadn't even bought any shoes!

Later we went to Vision Center and the owner/manager did an eye exam and told Hubby he didn't need new glasses. His old prescription and frames were just fine.

So Vision Center isn't as much fun as the chain optical stores, but much, much cheaper. Just go down to Loi Kroh Rd. if you want beautiful women plying you with drinks and saying you're handsome. It's cheaper.

Okay, my two cents's worth. You really should get a MEDICAL exam even if you can't spell ophthalmologist (surgeon-MD). Then take the script to an oculist to grind lenses. Sripat is excellent but the best is Dr. Rachada or Rashada, who is now at Chiang Rai Ram I. And once you can see clearly, she's the prettiest. :)

I also would recommend Dr. Rachada at Chiang Mai Ram. She has all the tools. After my initial visit, she even called me at home (on a Sunday) to see how I was doing. Something like that just doesn't happen in Thailand very often. She's great!

That's good. They seem really fair there. I stopped at a different shop yesterday and was quoted 32,000 baht for the same thing I got today for under 9,000 baht. Titanium frames and progressive bi-focal lenses.

I got a new pair of glasses with progressive lenses (not bi-focal, by definition) from a shop in the Central Mall. it's on the left side between Tokyo Optical and the sports equipment store on the second floor. good price.

I've been meaning to ask this question for a while. It's a little off topic but does anyone know if scratches can be removed from eyeglass lenses? I have a pair of progressive glasses that have a few scratches but other than that they're okay. Seem to me there should be a way to do this since they are so expensive to purchase.

I've been meaning to ask this question for a while. It's a little off topic but does anyone know if scratches can be removed from eyeglass lenses? I have a pair of progressive glasses that have a few scratches but other than that they're okay. Seem to me there should be a way to do this since they are so expensive to purchase.

I went to Vision Center last week to have them adjust my glasses. The staffer took them into the area where they make lenses and worked on them for what seemed to be a long time for a simple adjustment. I realized why when the staffer returned; they had polished the lenses, removing several scratches in addition to doing the simple adjustment of fit of the glasses. No charge!

what is the cheapest place to get eye glasses?

and does anybody know why there isn't contact lenses that you can use 30 days without taking them off available in thailand?

There is. My girlfriend gets them at that chain store for glasses, they are everywhere I just not remember the name. Starts with a C and the shop colors are blue and white. They are all over thailand

I went to Vision Center last week to have them adjust my glasses. The staffer took them into the area where they make lenses and worked on them for what seemed to be a long time for a simple adjustment. I realized why when the staffer returned; they had polished the lenses, removing several scratches in addition to doing the simple adjustment of fit of the glasses. No charge!

So, it can be done. That's good news. Thanks!

That's good. They seem really fair there. I stopped at a different shop yesterday and was quoted 32,000 baht for the same thing I got today for under 9,000 baht. Titanium frames and progressive bi-focal lenses.

I got a new pair of glasses with progressive lenses (not bi-focal, by definition) from a shop in the Central Mall. it's on the left side between Tokyo Optical and the sports equipment store on the second floor. good price.

I can second this shop. They are good and cheap.

DO NOT go to Tokyo Optic in Kad Suan Kaew.

I went there as I liked a pair of Rayban sunglasses they have.

Firstly, the price was significantly more than I ended up paying for the same glasses on a trip to Australia.

Secondly, and much worse, Tokyo Optic also tested my eyes. Anyway, I felt the test was very quick and lacking thoroughness so I got another test done when I was in Australia. The optometrist in Australia was much more thorough and to my shock the prescription she advised me that I required was significantly different to that the man gave me at Tokyo Optic.

<deleted>?

Not only amateurs but rip-offs.

Picked up my re-lensed glasses at Beautiful in KSK yesterday, and was pleased with the result. They did mount a half-hearted attempt to sell me new frames, but gave up pretty quickly when I showed them the features of my unbreakable ones from the US. Price was standard for US opticians, and turnaround was slow. Apparently, everything comes from Bangkok. The OJ was refreshing, and the young ladies very engaging. Next month I'm meeting the itinerant eyeglass lady at Phra Singh Post Office. A friend got a new pair of bifocal sunglasses there Friday for 1500, and is very happy. Order in the day, pick up same night.