Farang Robs Siam City Bank

PoorSucker

post-128-1251906510_thumb.png

An American is arrested Wednesday for robbing Siam City Bank Plc's Future Park Rangsit branch in Pathum Thani and run away with Bt146,000 Wednesday.

The man allegedly jumped over a counter, grabbed the sum and ran away.

He was later arrested.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-09-02

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am a firm believer in giving a test to all who want to come to Thailand before they get on the plane, weed out the fools and misfits. This is no place to be without a brain.

The planes would be empty

The bars would be empty

The beaches would be empty

BTW: did you pass the test ? :)

LaoPo

American held after bank robbery

PATHUM THANI: -- An American man was yesterday apprehended following a bank robbery in Pathum Thani, in which he was implicated as the faceless lone robber.

Harold Guyier, 54, remains in custody of Pratoonam Chulalongkorn police after protesting his innocence. He has been charged with armed robbery, although police said they are still seeking further evidence.

Guyier was found not far from a Siam City Bank branch which had been robbed a short time before by a hooded person, thought to be a man. He told security guards and police he was merely "strolling around", even after police found a set of clothing worn by the lone robber discarded and hidden in a bush nearby.

According to police, the robber in a black hood entered the branch at noon, jumped over a counter to open a drawer and grabbed a stash of banknotes, totalling Bt148,600 and ran away. The robber said nothing during the five-minute heist.

No details are available about the robber's build and other distinctive details, but his clothing - a cream-coloured overall and a hat of the same colour, a black hood, a pair of sunglasses and a pair of black gloves, were all found abandoned in the bush.

Onlookers and the bank's security guards chased the robber and overpowered him in a struggle, before he shot pepper spray in their faces and made off.

Police said they were waiting for DNA-based test results to determine whether the clothing was worn by Guyier.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-09-03

The guy faces a conviction for armed assault for less than USD 4,500.00? :D:D:D What a tosser.

I am a firm believer in giving a test to all who want to come to Thailand before they get on the plane, weed out the fools and misfits.

Would be awfully boring in the LOS though :)

I saw someone started a thread about should prospective forum members be given an IQ test. Maybe that idea could be expanded, every country should give passport applicants an IQ test. :)

It was me that started that thread.

The problem with your idea is that all the fools with money to burn would not be allowed in.

Then who could we scam? :D

As much as I detest invasion of privacy, perhaps it is time to start fingerprinting to keep out undesirables, and capture criminals that are already in country. It does seem to be becoming the place for shady individuals.

:)

I am a firm believer in giving a test to all who want to come to Thailand before they get on the plane, weed out the fools and misfits. This is no place to be without a brain.