Chiang Rai Condotel

Thighlander

I am interested in purchasing a unit in this condotel. I searched the classifieds and there was one rental. I tried to get in touch with the owner, to no avail. Does anyone know of a realtor in Chiang Rai, who handles these? Or perhaps a direct phone number?

Any other comments about the location/price/quality would be appreciated. Thanks for your participation.

I am interested in purchasing a unit in this condotel. I searched the classifieds and there was one rental. I tried to get in touch with the owner, to no avail. Does anyone know of a realtor in Chiang Rai, who handles these? Or perhaps a direct phone number?

Any other comments about the location/price/quality would be appreciated. Thanks for your participation.

Try asking at reception. Last month they had 2 for sale. 450000 baht each

You are probably talking about those buildings on the grounds of the Highway Department. Those will probably housing units for government employees.

Talking about Condohotel, all the new buildings on the right side of superhighway going north, just before crossing the Kok river, what are they?

To me it looks like an area with apartments.

Someone knows anything about them?

:D:):D

Talking about Condohotel, all the new buildings on the right side of superhighway going north, just before crossing the Kok river, what are they?

To me it looks like an area with apartments.

Someone knows anything about them?

:D:):D

Just quessing, but since the huge building across the street is the new Transportation Office , i would quess that it is housing for the people that work there??

• 2 weeks later...

I have just bought a 43sq/m unit here myself. There is one other 35sq/m I know of for sale here.

Price depends upon size, floor, & refurbishment / furnishings inside. Interior units 35 sq m on a lower floor could go for 350K. End units approx 43 sq m higher floors would be more expensive. I own a unit 11th floor, 35 sq m, facing mountains I have turned over to office for sale at 450K - 500K. I spent 450K to buy plus money to transfer, fix up a bit, etc. But what I paid is irrelivant. It's the market rate I mentioned above that is important to you (plus what features you like / desire). My name is Ted Albrecht mobile ph# 081-951-1636, the room # is 1110. I live in Chiang Mai & will be in Pattaya for next 6 wks, but expect frequent trips to Chiang Rai starting cool season. Office mgr name is Putipong, mobile 081-883-0988. If you call Putipong advise him I turned you on to him as a potential buyer. Ted: [email protected] 081-951-1636

• 2 months later...

Price depends upon size, floor, & refurbishment / furnishings inside. Interior units 35 sq m on a lower floor could go for 350K. End units approx 43 sq m higher floors would be more expensive. I own a unit 11th floor, 35 sq m, facing mountains I have turned over to office for sale at 450K - 500K. I spent 450K to buy plus money to transfer, fix up a bit, etc. But what I paid is irrelivant. It's the market rate I mentioned above that is important to you (plus what features you like / desire). My name is Ted Albrecht mobile ph# 081-951-1636, the room # is 1110. I live in Chiang Mai & will be in Pattaya for next 6 wks, but expect frequent trips to Chiang Rai starting cool season. Office mgr name is Putipong, mobile 081-883-0988. If you call Putipong advise him I turned you on to him as a potential buyer. Ted: [email protected] 081-951-1636

Haven't had anybody even go look at my unit (room 1110). :) The price per sqm is very good relative to Chiang Mai, but it was suggested to me that perhaps Chiang Rai (CR) folks prefer a house to condo & 500K+ for 35-38 sqm is high (for CR). OK, so I've gone ahead & done a few upgrades to please myself about appearance, :D & just decided to hang onto it unless someone is willing to pay 520K + all legal transfer / closing costs. Yes, thats a cost increase, so based on response to date, I guess I'll be keeping it for awhile. BTW, for anybody buying any property (not just mine), the Thai gov't has a healthy cost reduction on the transfer / closing costs thru 28Mar 2010 (I guess a savings of about 4.2%). Perhaps the gov't will extend those incentives, but I would not count on it.

• 4 weeks later...
I won't be in the area for another 6 weeks, so I'm trying to do some ground work from the States. 450K does sound about right. I thought I had heard something about 350K, within the last year. Thanks.

Have you bought one yet? I know of a 35 sqm one for sale, pool side in the middle on the 5th floor for around 430K. I have just bought one 7th floor. Alot of work, but have a nice holiday pad now!