Why Tv Reception In Bangkok So Bad?

Pujun

Do you think that Bangkok TV reception is very bad?  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wonder how come everyone in Hong Kong don't have to pay $$$ and can get perfect picture on every channel. While people in stupid Bangkok, no matter using indoor or outdoor antenna, no matter where they live, no matter how new is their TV set, no matter the reception is in a household or in a shop, no matter it's Sony Pro Shop or a professional Video/Audio showroom, They never get a decent picture like us.. FOREVER !! Even they willing to pay UBC for free-to-air TV, what they get is a typical digital signal with pixel problem (similar to VCD you see some small square on screen often)

Probably because the people in 'stupid' Bangkok do not have the advantage of having British Engineers set up their broadcast system and also do not have a blxxdy great hill (The Peak) on which to put their antennae.

That said, the plethora of VHF and UHF transmitteres scattered all over the city dosen't help.

INHO, UBC over digital satellite is totally acceptable, except when it rains.

Remember the 'Free to Air' is not free in Thailand, it has to be re-transmitted by UBC because the HK footprint does not cover us here. We pay for the re-transmission.

Edited by Crossy

Probably because the people in 'stupid' Bangkok do not have the advantage of having British Engineers set up their broadcast system and also do not have a blxxdy great hill (The Peak) on which to put their antennae.

That said, the plethora of VHF and UHF transmitteres scattered all over the city dosen't help.

INHO, UBC over digital satellite is totally acceptable, except when it rains.

Remember the 'Free to Air' is not free in Thailand, it has to be re-transmitted by UBC because the HK footprint does not cover us here. We pay for the re-transmission.

Why every TV station in Bangkok transmit from different location instead of from one single location?

904uns.jpg

Someone told me that, in Bangkok not many buildings equipped with a qaulified TV Antenna. In order to pick up all channels in good picture, one has to use a TV antenna like the one shown below, the setup is complicated. Moreover, engineers in Thailand are not really professional, they often make mistakes when setting up a TV antenna such as pointing to wrong direction etc.

G6-CKUv6.gif

I was in Bangkok during World Cup years ago. Didn't realize that stupid Thai couldn't get a decent TV reception, I had to change hotel 4 times in a week in order to watch World Cup. Many hotels provide snowy HBO/Star Movie kind of crappy movie channel, Stupid !!

Pujun, why the Thai bashing??

If you like HK TV reception just stay there.

You can get perfectly adequate TV in BKK on UBC (OK it's not free).

Hotel TV is crap all over the world, not just BKK, I've seen some awful hotel TV in HK.

Pujun, why the Thai bashing??

If you like HK TV reception just stay there.

You can get perfectly adequate TV in BKK on UBC (OK it's not free).

Hotel TV is crap all over the world, not just BKK, I've seen some awful hotel TV in HK.

No offence, which hotel in Hong Kong got awful TV? Let me know! In fact, from households to department stores, from schools to hospitals to hotels, you hardly see a TV got a lousy picture. In Bangkok, it's just the opposite. You ask me where in Bangkok got bad reception, I tell you, every household every hotel, even shop selling latest model TV got S.H.I.T pictures and have to play DVD instead. Believe me. Been to Bangkok in 1992 and thought that color TV just launched, people have no idea how to get a decent reception. 13 years later, it's still the same !! What a shame !!

97pj89.jpg

97pl4k.jpg

97pl6x.jpg

97plhl.jpg

97plp1.jpg

97plr6.jpg

pujun GET A LIFE will ya!

FYI - we all aren't blind yet even the tele is not that clear here like in HONG KONG.

simple suggestion - don't like it here, then go!

No one gonna stop from someone who calls "Thai Stupid" to leave LOS anyway. :o

Explorer