Rain

gotlost

• 2 weeks later...

Quite here at Nimmanhaemin, may be a little drizzle. May be its the begining of the "real dry cool" season, or is it? I hate to disappoint all the tourists from Bangkok.

It is November, the beginning of dry season, right? Rains are heavy here in Mae Taeng at the moment as a thunderstorm passes by.

We had a ricefield flattening, tree breaking storm last week, south of San Kamphaeng. Horizontal rain from all directions. A tad extreme, but I'll welcome some rain 365 days a year biggrin.png

We had that last week as well and the farmers were not very happy about it. We are still experiencing heavy rain here. It let up for a while but about three hours of heavy rain on this pass again.

9 PM update: Don't know how accurate of a rain gauge a new garbage can is, but since 5 PM today it has collected almost 4 inches of rain and one frog. Rains have finally stopped but this was one of the heaviest rainfall days of the season.

Just started ro rain here in Saraphi at 14.25 h, came in from the south south-west. Although not much rain where we live, east of us the sky looks dark.

All in all, november seems wetter than other years.

Edited by Joop50

It rained on me for most of my hike up Doi Sutthep today. Unfortunately, I left my helmet hanging upside down on the scooter all day and it filled up with water. Huaykaew waterfall looked lovely in the rain and the stream got noticeably dirtier as the day went on. The bells at the temple were pretty in the misty rain and shon with the odd brief bit of sunshine.

It rained on me for most of my hike up Doi Sutthep today. Unfortunately, I left my helmet hanging upside down on the scooter all day and it filled up with water. Huaykaew waterfall looked lovely in the rain and the stream got noticeably dirtier as the day went on. The bells at the temple were pretty in the misty rain and shon with the odd brief bit of sunshine.

At least your helmet lining got a good washing...:)

I was at Nat Honda today around 1 PM on Huay Kaew Rd.

Had to wait about an hour for a vehicle inspection.

When I came out of the customer waiting room around 2- the rain was bouncing off the ground.

Quite unexpected, and no doubt welcome to the farmers here in the North.

At least your helmet lining got a good washing...smile.png

With my big mop of already soaked red hair I would hardly have noticed. thumbsup.gif

Just finishing up a two hour long light rain shower here in Mae Taeng. That makes four days in a row with rain. Farmers are trying to bring in the rice crops and they can't believe it is still raining this often in November.

Farmers are trying to bring in the rice crops and they can't believe it is still raining this often in November.

Tell them it's retribution for the burning earlier this year, & if they keep on burning, then next time it'll be a plague of locusts & hailstorms, not rain biggrin.png

Farmers are trying to bring in the rice crops and they can't believe it is still raining this often in November.

Tell them it's retribution for the burning earlier this year, & if they keep on burning, then next time it'll be a plague of locusts & hailstorms, not rain biggrin.png

Looks like they succeeded.

Had to close our doors and windows earlier than normal today because of the stink.

Saw at least 4 fires burning in the Hangdong canal road area early this morning.

• Like 1

Good one, ME Smith, but I doubt if they would believe you. They've been doing the same thing for centuries.

It was threatening all day along the mountain and it changed my plans to go for another hike. Hiking in the rain once in a while is okay but it gets kind of cool when you are all wet and on the top of a mountain. There were a few sprinkles around the south end of town, but no real rain. Even the local laundry didn't bring in their clothes off the road.

It was threatening all day along the mountain and it changed my plans to go for another hike. Hiking in the rain once in a while is okay but it gets kind of cool when you are all wet and on the top of a mountain. There were a few sprinkles around the south end of town, but no real rain. Even the local laundry didn't bring in their clothes off the road.

Been in town a few days so

Walked all the way up the Pilgrims trail today, Buddha day, perfect weather all the way.

No view of the town from Doi Suthep though, but bright and sunny on the top.

Edited by TommoPhysicist