Rain

gotlost

Sawasdee Khrup,

As Khun StuartD1 noted above, WeatherUnderground does have satellite images for Chiang Mai.

http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/48327.html

I find the image on the WU page about as informative as navel lint, but, then, I never did well at Satelliting in school.

However, click on that "Satellite Image," and it will open a "WunderMap: an "animation over map" feature:

http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/?lat=18.78000069&lon=98.98000336&zoom=8&pin=Chiang%20Mai%2c%20Thailand&type=hyb&rad=0&wxsn=0&svr=0&cams=0&sat=1&sat.num=1&sat.spd=25&sat.opa=85&sat.gtt1=109&sat.gtt2=108&sat.type=VIS&riv=0&mm=0&hur=0

Just click the play button at bottom. It appears this is not updated that often (?), as the clouds are clearly out of sync with the time.

yours, ~o:37;

p.s. WU does have a UI tab placeholder for "Radar Map," but it consistently says: "Radar imagery is not available for this location."

WU also has a UI Tab for "Webcam" that shows a view of a water tower somewhere here; it appears to update frequently, at least once every three minutes. If you are into water towers, it's for you.

Another drop of rain and a little wind and yet again the power is off,5 times in the last week where we live in the Mae Hia area,is it just us at BWT or is it widespread?

More and more building putting pressure on supply with no upgrades perhaps,or what is it ?

Another drop of rain and a little wind and yet again the power is off,5 times in the last week where we live in the Mae Hia area,is it just us at BWT or is it widespread?

More and more building putting pressure on supply with no upgrades perhaps,or what is it ?

We had it all the time until last year the electricity company cut all the trees and made repairs. Complain with a lot of people will help. Just now in this strong wind, no problem with the power.

The only place for electric power cables is underground.

Wherever I go, there are just too many power outages.

All this flickering means that the cables need to be buried.

Or, you can move to Japan.

They almost never have outages in Japan, even when winds are 100 knots the power stays on in places like MiyakoJima, an island south of Okinawa.

During the last major typhoon which went right over the island, I tried calling a hotel during the peak of the typhoon.

Everything was working during winds of about 130 Knots..

Total loss of face

When you don't keep the power on.

A mere sprinkle north of the runway now. It looks like a lot, but it will stop soon. When it comes down like this in Taiwan, and it does not let up for 24 hours, then you can expect 2 meters in one day.

2 meters of rain in a day? Sometimes it floods too.

Yes, it is working. Thank you.

But the Zoom un-Zoom function does NOT seem to be working.

Also, they have some sort of button on there "RainMaking Radar",

I keep pushing the button but that does not work either------

I am still not getting any rain over here.

A fairly large and welcome thunderstorm is developing over the Pai valley.

Well good luck,send some down south when you are finished with it. I have found recently looking at various weather sites, including satellite coverage, a total waste of time.My favourite prediction from the majority is sunny/hot with a chance of rain/thunderstorm ,sort of like backing a horse both ways.

It has been raining fairly often, but, unfortunately, not enough to cool things down.

Very patchy though,probably more in CM.In BWT, Hang Dong, hardly enough to settle the dust let alone cool things down.

It has been raining fairly often, but, unfortunately, not enough to cool things down.

Very patchy though,probably more in CM.In BWT, Hang Dong, hardly enough to settle the dust let alone cool things down.

The parched San Kamphaeng plains are in danger of desertification sad.png

Well good luck,send some down south when you are finished with it. I have found recently looking at various weather sites, including satellite coverage, a total waste of time.My favourite prediction from the majority is sunny/hot with a chance of rain/thunderstorm ,sort of like backing a horse both ways.

TMD site has had 30 per cent chance of rain every day for the last week. Coming days it's up to 40 per cent,nice if we could have a share of it!

"The parched San Kamphaeng plains are in danger of desertification sad.png"

What do you mean? I thought that people here on TV do not believe in global warming and its results.

You might be interested in discussing the effects of the fairly recent approx 5% increase in humidity in this region.

There really should be more rain coming down as well as faster evaporation.

Don't worry though

With desertification will also come plenty of sand and dust,

Where we will all be able to hide our heads

Only more so than normal.

"The parched San Kamphaeng plains are in danger of desertification sad.png"

What do you mean? I thought that people here on TV do not believe in global warming and its results.

You might be interested in discussing the effects of the fairly recent approx 5% increase in humidity in this region.

There really should be more rain coming down as well as faster evaporation.

Don't worry though

With desertification will also come plenty of sand and dust,

Where we will all be able to hide our heads

Only more so than normal.

There's plenty of dust blowing around from all the building sites.

Yes unfortunately thunderstorms usually pop up and dissipate quickly in random locations, making satellite images and anything other than real time radar somewhat useless.

" making satellite images and anything other than real time radar somewhat useless."

Well, do you have a personal real time weather station hooked up to your house and connected via ethernet to the internet?

It might be fun to have TV members put the real time results from their weather stations in CM on line.

Maybe more reliable to see what is happening, too.

And, with a name like cloudhopper, you might just have one,

Or be a pilot.

Of course I doubt you will be operating your own personal doppler radar from your house.

Edited by OldChinaHam

Massive Thunderheads forming south of the Runway. Dark sheets of heavy rain apparent. I am getting the smell of rain even where I am north of the runway. If I had a kite, I would go fly it. Might even be able to generate a few kilowatts of electricity. Now the wind is beginning to pick up some. Soon I will be able to hear the familiar pitter patter. Temperature now dropping. Jukebox' blown a fuse.