• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

2. 95

Form 7162 Anybody Received Theirs Yet for 2024?

3. 0

Has my sex tourist friend found a loop hole?

4. 2,667

ICE vs EV, the debate thread

5. 68

Thai Hostages Still Missing a Year After Hamas Attack

6. 563

White Culture

7. 0

Florida Law Enforcement trying to protect the innocent,ain’t easy!

8. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

9. 34

Tm47 online submission "rejected"

10. 19

Will White Women Shift Away from Republicans to Support Kamala Harris in 2024?

11. 17

Maximum Baht I can take out of Tland as cash

12. 17

Maximum Baht I can take out of Tland as cash

13. 125

Trump chickens out again.

14. 68

15. 68

Ducati Dealer Opening In Phuket.

ScubaBuddha

I was speaking to Kuhn Keang yesterday, manager of HKT motors in Phuket, and he told me that in December he will become an authorized Ducati dealer with full warranties, support, service etc. They are opposite the Honda garage on Chaoh Fa West.

www.hktmotors.com

089-488-7659

Nothing but the Bkk branch at the Ducati dealer locator so far.

http://www.ducati.com/dealerlocator/gm_cou...ountry=Thailand

I have had really good customer service at his shop so far. My new riding boots had a rivet pop and since they didn't have anymore in my size, Keang gave me a full refund with hardly batting an eye.

Edited by Scubabuddha

• 3 months later...

Touching base on this subject again:

Just spoke to Khun Keang at his shop. He did mention to me some time ago about plans to open branch for Ducati sales but I haven't really taken him seriously. First of all, in my opinion, showroom is too small, honestly... size of spacious living room. Second, I didn't really think he has an experience and knowledge to handle this but Ducati BKK folks thought otherwise.

Anyway, Ducati Thailand General Manager was there and I what I am about to say comes from horse's mouth:

Indeed, as of today, HKT Motors (or whatever is called these days) is authorized dealer for South of Thailand. As of this moment there are 4 bikes on display, 2 brand new and 2 used ones.

My attention cought Multistrada 1100 and price: 880,000 baht which is more than reasonable. Ducati Thailand offers 4 years finance option with 0% interest on this particular model. I think it will be one of the most sought after models. Next month they will deliver 1198 model too.

According to Khun Chumpon (Duc mngr), they are very serious about their presence in Phuket and plans are to open even bigger showroom and service center.

As far as after sales service and warranties are concerned, they are about to send their Italian trained mechanic from BKK who will eventually train local mechanics.

Incidentaly, Khun Chumpon is president of Thailand's only real sport motorcycle club: STORM. From what I hear, they might open Phuket chapter in near future.

I asked Chum about this on Saturday. He said the biggest problem was finding decent mechanics. Jay's currently training a few at Thonglor. Business appears good and they're expanding the size of the showroom by taking over the bank in front. The bikes are selling well which, in this economic climate, I found a little surprising.

Hopefully the trainees can pick up the slack if Jay goes to Phuket as they seem very busy.

Anyway, they have a booth at this week's Bangkok Bike Fest and I think we're all meeting at Thonglor at 3pm for the short ride there.

A bit OT but I've always though that Thailand would make a fantastic market for motorbikes. As the middle class expands, you get more and more people able to afford and add to that that pretty much all Thais can already ride scooters and love it... wow.

hope they treat their customers better than motorcycle world phuket I bought a 2005 dyna wide glide from them 6 months ago      I wanted to buy a softail brand new just recently the new saleseman tol me we dont trade motorcycles older than 2 years old now I ask you why sell older than 2 years old