Guess The Location Of This Picture

sorensen

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have most likely been there before, but where is it?

Austin 1100's, VW Beatles, Ford Consuls - No aircon - all with their windows wound down.

Don't know Bkk well enough to say where it is exactly though it looks vaguely familiar !

Good photo!

I'm going to guess it's where Rama 1 and Phaya Thai Road now cross. Where MBK, and Siam/National Stadium BTS stations now are.

BINGO, we got a winner. First picture is from 1970 and in 1973 building of Siam Center Started.

post-67623-1256828988_thumb.jpg

Just guessing by the the size of the roundabout (bigger than Victory Monument) i'd say it's the Democracy Monument Circle !

Do i win a prize ?

Edit : Great shot !

Democracy Monument was built in 1939, Victory Monument in 1941, I'd say this photo's from the 50's/60's.

I'm going to guess it's where Rama 1 and Phaya Thai Road now cross. Where MBK, and Siam/National Stadium BTS stations now are.

BINGO, we got a winner. First picture is from 1970 and in 1973 building of Siam Center Started.

:):D:D:D:D

Just guessing by the the size of the roundabout (bigger than Victory Monument) i'd say it's the Democracy Monument Circle !

Do i win a prize ?

Edit : Great shot !

Democracy Monument was built in 1939, Victory Monument in 1941, I'd say this photo's from the 50's/60's.

dam_n, i knew i should have Wikied before shooting off my big mouth !

Come on then Sorensen, chuck us another (as the last one of Democracy Monument was too easy (plus it had where it was written on the top of the photo :) ).

OK, so we take it up another notch. I want to know what is on this location today. Knock yourself out guessing.......I don't have the correct answer. It is like when Marty goes back in time in "Back to The Future" and find his old neighbourhood as an empty plot of land.

post-67623-1256864034_thumb.jpg

Come on then Sorensen, chuck us another (as the last one of Democracy Monument was too easy (plus it had where it was written on the top of the photo :) ).

OK, so we take it up another notch. I want to know what is on this location today. Knock yourself out guessing.......I don't have the correct answer. It is like when Marty goes back in time in "Back to The Future" and find his old neighbourhood as an empty plot of land.

Not sure where those guys are, but willing to wager they are still on break