Michael Jackson "this Is It"

scubamar

As you all may know, many Michael Jackson fans in Phuket were shocked and devastated to find out that this movie will only be screening in Bangkok on the day it was released. There's are lot of Thais and Farang fans, that were excited to see Michaels final curtain. We really can't accept SFX excuses, as they knew the problem before the movie would be released around the world, on 28th Oct 09. SFX Central Festival Cinema Phuket, was also showing commercial before watching the G-Force Movie, some weeks ago, and if there were all these problems with movie equipment not being suitable for the cinemas in Phuket, why didn't they mentioned this on the screen saying, "Showing in Bangkok only"? They are able to place Thai subtitles and other information on the movie screen, but they were not able to let everyone know what was happening for this movie, which now is only screening in Bangkok.

Not to mentioned that Bangkok didn't have these special machines as well, so they only took care on the cinemas in BKK and made no effort to think about the biggest Intentional Island in Thailand.

I also had asked the staff at the cashier if "This Is It" would be screening in Phuket, and they said yes, and that question was prompted two times with a confirmation, plus two phone calls on booking enquires, so with all of this miss leading information, are are left disappointed on how SFX management have been very selfish to only screen MJ's movie in Bangkok.

The other question is, how many cinemas in Bangkok are screening this movie? And why could they just spare one Cinema in Bangkok and give the Phuket people the opportunity to see this movie?

This Is really not it for Phuket, as it seems we are only second choice when it is convenient to the SFX company, not to mention how many times have we gone to the movies in Phuket, and are regular customer that supports their business?

So while the whole world is watching this movie, we are left in the cold with excuses and No Movie, that's what I call bad management from the SFX organization, as they knew the problems prior to the movie and only took care of their cinemas in Bangkok and decided we can wait until another version is out, which no one will know when, shame on them!

What's your thoughts on this?

Edited by sbk
unusual font removed for easier reading--sbk

My thoughts is that you will probably see it in DVD form on the streets of Phuket before we see it in the cinema here.

Yeah your right about that, but it's just not the same seeing it on a huge screen at the cinema, that's the down fall of all this!

No they will not be showing in Phuket, we are second best to the country but other parts seem to have the movie screning. This is really sad to know they are showing this in Ciang Mai but not Phuket, this is really ridicules now and SFX have not been fair to everyone on Phuket

No they will not be showing in Phuket, we are second best to the country but other parts seem to have the movie screning. This is really sad to know they are showing this in Ciang Mai but not Phuket, this is really ridicules now and SFX have not been fair to everyone on Phuket

Mate while empathize with your plight, surely there are bigger issues facing Phuket at this moment in time?

It will be shown on Phuket, just not yet because the equipment here is not suitable.

That means your post, talking about 'why didn't they mention this on the screen, showing in Bangkok only', etcetera are not justified. It will come, just not now.

http://www.phuketgazette.net/news/index.as...;Search=jackson

Friday, October 30, 2009

Phuket is not it for Michael Jackson fans

phuket-THIS-IS-NOT-IT-Michael-Jackson-fans-hoping-to-see-This-Is-It-in-Phuket-cinemas-could-be-in-for-a-long-wait-1-MWAPJJX.jpgTHIS IS NOT IT: Michael Jackson fans hoping to see This Is It in Phuket cinemas could be in for a long wait.

PHUKET: Despite the much anticipated worldwide release of Michal Jackson's posthumous movie This Is It on October 28, fans in Phuket have been disappointed to learn that the movie is not currently being shown in Phuket cinemas.

The Gazette has learned that unlike cinemas in Bangkok, none of Phuket's cinemas have the necessary projection equipment to show the movie in the digital format in which it has been predominantly distributed.

According to Gazette sources, there is a very limited number of celluloid copies of the movie being distributed around the world, meaning Michael Jackson fans hoping to watch the movie in Phuket cinemas will have to wait until a celluloid version arrives on the island.

The source could not confirm when a celluloid version of This Is It would be made available for showing in Phuket cinemas but said that everyone concerned was doing their best to bring the movie to Phuket audiences as soon as possible.

The movie is a rare, behind-the-scenes look at the performer, comprised from more than 100 hours of footage of rehearsals leading up to his sold-out concerts which were due to take place earlier this year in London's O2 Arena.

According to the Associated Press (AP), This Is It debuted in more than 100 countries this week, grossing a worldwide total of more than US$20 million. spacer.gif– Nick Davies spacer.gif

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2009-10-30

As you all may know, many Michael Jackson fans in Phuket were shocked and devastated to find out that this movie will only be screening in Bangkok on the day it was released. There's are lot of Thais and Farang fans, that were excited to see Michaels final curtain. We really can't accept SFX excuses, as they knew the problem before the movie would be released around the world, on 28th Oct 09. SFX Central Festival Cinema Phuket, was also showing commercial before watching the G-Force Movie, some weeks ago, and if there were all these problems with movie equipment not being suitable for the cinemas in Phuket, why didn't they mentioned this on the screen saying, "Showing in Bangkok only"? They are able to place Thai subtitles and other information on the movie screen, but they were not able to let everyone know what was happening for this movie, which now is only screening in Bangkok.

Not to mentioned that Bangkok didn't have these special machines as well, so they only took care on the cinemas in BKK and made no effort to think about the biggest Intentional Island in Thailand.

I also had asked the staff at the cashier if "This Is It" would be screening in Phuket, and they said yes, and that question was prompted two times with a confirmation, plus two phone calls on booking enquires, so with all of this miss leading information, are are left disappointed on how SFX management have been very selfish to only screen MJ's movie in Bangkok.

The other question is, how many cinemas in Bangkok are screening this movie? And why could they just spare one Cinema in Bangkok and give the Phuket people the opportunity to see this movie?

This Is really not it for Phuket, as it seems we are only second choice when it is convenient to the SFX company, not to mention how many times have we gone to the movies in Phuket, and are regular customer that supports their business?

So while the whole world is watching this movie, we are left in the cold with excuses and No Movie, that's what I call bad management from the SFX organization, as they knew the problems prior to the movie and only took care of their cinemas in Bangkok and decided we can wait until another version is out, which no one will know when, shame on them!

What's your thoughts on this?

Thoughts? I enjoyed his music, however his peodophile lifestyle didn't further his popularity. Who want's to look at this guy, rather than just enjoy the music through CD etc?

Mate while empathize with your plight, surely there are bigger issues facing Phuket at this moment in time?

My thoughts? Quit ya whining and grow up. Don't know why you think Chiang Mai is inferior, but if you can get here, you can have my seat to see Whacko Jacko.

My thoughts is that you will probably see it in DVD form on the streets of Phuket before we see it in the cinema here.

Yeah your right about that, but it's just not the same seeing it on a huge screen at the cinema, that's the down fall of all this!

Install a projector.. Had a 120 inch width in the last place, was actually a bit too big for the viewing distance but it framed it well on the wall.

The issue of Phuket cinemas not going digital has other effects (beyond scratched prints, piss poor projectionists, and other cinephile issues) but the rapid evolution of 3D cinema.

This winter there will be the release of James Camerons decade in the making 3d extravaganza mixing photorealistic comp imagery and live action. Lots of hype already and talk that this will be a game changer in cinema and that 3d of this level will be like the introduction of talkies or color or (more realistically) the move to cinemascope to keep people in cinema houses and differentiate between home viewing and 'move experience'. These days when anyone with a couple of grand can drop a pretty effective high def projection system into a room there needs to be that added something to get you to the cinema (and the idiots, crowds, ringing phones !!).

While I do think Avatar will probably be hype of substance I intend to see it as the director intends, in 3D, even if I have to go to bangkok to do so.

This topic is about the movie being shown or not in Phuket.

The debate about MJ's lifestyle has already been discussed in many other Thaivisa threads.

All the posts and replies about MJ's lifestyle have been removed.

The debate here is, why they couldn't SFX fix the problem, or upgrade the blady cinema in Phuket, so we can see movies like "This Is It" and other movies coming up in the future!

But what strikes me the most, Pattaya and Chiang Mai seem to have better cinema equipment compare to what we have here! I think if we all stopped going to the cinema for 1 week here in Phuket, because of the lack of attention to the cinemas in Phuket, then you would see SFX make the necessary upgrade before you could say boo!

Install a projector.. Had a 120 inch width in the last place, was actually a bit too big for the viewing distance but it framed it well on the wall.

The issue of Phuket cinemas not going digital has other effects (beyond scratched prints, piss poor projectionists, and other cinephile issues) but the rapid evolution of 3D cinema.

This winter there will be the release of James Camerons decade in the making 3d extravaganza mixing photorealistic comp imagery and live action. Lots of hype already and talk that this will be a game changer in cinema and that 3d of this level will be like the introduction of talkies or color or (more realistically) the move to cinemascope to keep people in cinema houses and differentiate between home viewing and 'move experience'. These days when anyone with a couple of grand can drop a pretty effective high def projection system into a room there needs to be that added something to get you to the cinema (and the idiots, crowds, ringing phones !!).

While I do think Avatar will probably be hype of substance I intend to see it as the director intends, in 3D, even if I have to go to bangkok to do so.

I totally agree with you, regardless if its MJ movie or not, everyone has a preference in their choice of movies, but what upsets me the most, is finding out that places like Pattaya & Chiang Mai have better quality Cinema equipment compare to Phuket, in which we have to settle for second best. So for those who have replied above criticizing MJ movie, well it's not only about his movie, it's SFX dominating the Cinema business in Phuket and not taking the necessary actions to upgrade the cinema facilities, and I think it's time for Major Cineplex to be welcomed to Phuket and challenge SFX, in which I would delighted and happy to see SFX go down the drain for all I care. Thanks LivinLos for understanding and getting my point abut the cinema, hopefully something is done about this SFX company!

Projector.. Had a 120 inch width in the last place, was actually a bit too big for the viewing distance but it framed it well on the wall.

Right on!!! I want HD, I want clarity, I want 3D I went to a tiny 40 seat theater in the states that had a better projection system (DLP) then SFX does in Phuket.

on top of all that I want them to screen their trailers before they show them, and place them with according movies.

Case in point 2 years ago when Ratatouille was out and I took my daughter to go see it. They played the most horrific blood soaked chopped organ fest I have ever seen, before playing a children's movie!!!!

and they did the same thing again just last month I took my daughter and 2 of her friends to see G-Force. The last trailer I expect to see before going into a kids movie is seeing a body hanging inverted on a road sign spread eagle and eviscerated. I had a lot of young eyes to cover and just 2 hands.

Seriously F'ed up.

Case in point 2 years ago when Ratatouille was out and I took my daughter to go see it. They played the most horrific blood soaked chopped organ fest I have ever seen, before playing a children's movie!!!!

and they did the same thing again just last month I took my daughter and 2 of her friends to see G-Force. The last trailer I expect to see before going into a kids movie is seeing a body hanging inverted on a road sign spread eagle and eviscerated. I had a lot of young eyes to cover and just 2 hands.

Seriously F'ed up.

But thats the culture of the country.. Gore is not a problem, but show a nipple and the sky is falling.

I finally saw the movie and I think it was great to see him for the last time, what he was preparing for the show, even if he didn’t sing a lot, at the end it was the rehearsal, but I think a lot of people miss the whole point, it’s not your usual fiction movie, it’s a reality movie that shows what the King was preparing for his fans, so it was nice to see this and it would have been an amazing show! I saw the History show back in 1997 and that blew me away, and I believe the show MJ was preparing would have done the same thing, so now I can rest my mind and thank god I was able to see this movie on the big screen, worth every penny!

Thank you MJ for bringing Music and Entertainment to another level and God bless you!