Day Trips From Cha Am

rixalex

Have some family coming to stay shortly and i'll be taking them to Cha Am and having to leave them for a short period whilst i attend to work.

Can anyone recommend any organised day trips from Cha Am that might be worth looking at? They are in their sixties so can't be anything to adventurous.

Siam Winery,(3-4hrs round trip) Pualau Waterfall, (4-5 hrs round trip) Samroy Yod National Park 4-5hrs round trip) all including an ample stop at the attraction

Many thanks for those ideas Richie. Do you know if they have organised trips to these places?

Ken Diamond tours in Hua Hin offer a number of options for day trips from Hua Hin and I am sure they would be happy to collect from Cha'am. Sorry do not know the phone number or anything but I am sure such details are available after a quick internet search.

Alternatively just go into the nearest hotel and make use of their travel desk to book tours - have done this all over the world and never had a problem. Most are more than happy to do more business.

The Damnoen Saduak Floating Market is something they would probably enjoy. It's a bit less than two hours from here. You can hire a private car or van with driver to take them there. That would be a half day trip starting early in the morning.

I think the Pala U falls may be a bit strenuous for them. To see the nicer falls you have to walk up a fairly steep trail, although they can see the first one (more of a rapid than a water fall) easily.

If you go to one of those tour stands on the sidewalks around Hua Hin, they have a board with day trips and photos with drivers for hire to take you to see the ones you choose.

Hey. I'm in my 60's and the waterfall is no problem. There is a difficult short little section that you need to navigate to get to the best areas. Now is a good time to visit with a lot of water coming down, but without the risk of flash floods. A good day out is to take in the waterfall in the morning and on the way back detour to Hua Hin vineyards. They do trips around the vineyard either in a vehicle or if you're more adventurous by elephant. The bistro does fine food and the views whilst you ate eating on the terrace are fantastic. There is also of course the wine tasting. The wines are expensive by Thai standards, but their better ones hold up to any French wine.