Idiotic Tourist Acts I Have Seen Recently

DJ Pat

Indeed many tourists consider Thailand to be one big beach and dress accordingly. Makes one cringe seeing bare chested guys swigging beer whilst walking along Sukhumvit.

Also "shame on you" to the american girl who left Titanium in a rage because to her the sight of Farang guys with younger Thai ladies was "Immoral". Those were her exact words.

She'll be walking into and storming out of many bars in Thailand then. :o

Gotta admot DJ Pat, I never see many of the annoying tourist occurences that you do, and I can't say I have ever seen a tourist walking down sukhumvit road with his shirt off, well maybe one or two in the last 4-5 yrs but it's not very common. Perhaps I just ignore people easier?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Also "shame on you" to the american girl who left Titanium in a rage because to her the sight of Farang guys with younger Thai ladies was "Immoral"...words.

:o I would have directed her to Nana hotel car park at 1:00 am. :D

I normally seat with everybody else in nana about that time surrounded by thai ladies when I am in thailand yummm lol I would love to see this american lady

:D

...Also "shame on you" to the american girl who left Titanium in a rage because to her the sight of Farang guys with younger Thai ladies was "Immoral"...words.

:D I would have directed her to Nana hotel car park at 1:00 am. :D

as I bet you have directed many a girl in the past. :D

Absolutely not! I've been in Phuket for a year. It was 2:00 am then. :o

:o I would have directed her to Nana hotel car park at 1:00 am. :D

Absolutely not! I've been in Phuket for a year. It was 2:00 am then. <_<

Who's a naughty boy then ? :D

:D I would have directed her to Nana hotel car park at 1:00 am. :D

Absolutely not! I've been in Phuket for a year. It was 2:00 am then. :o

Who's a naughty boy then ? :D

What happens in The Nana Hotel car park at 1.00am then? :D ? :D

In the wilds of Thailand (Phuket?), they sure do. But they don't have pavements (=sidewalks) and you take your life in your hands if you dare walk along the bike lane! I'll post a pic. later. I like posting pics. Very educational :o  :D

You should always walk along the bikelane facing the oncoming traffic. Therefore you should walk on the left side of the road.

In the wilds of Thailand (Phuket?), they sure do. But they don't have pavements (=sidewalks) and you take your life in your hands if you dare walk along the bike lane! I'll post a pic. later. I like posting pics. Very educational :D  :D

You should always walk along the bikelane facing the oncoming traffic. Therefore you should walk on the left side of the road.

Exactly! :o :

bikelanewrong2dscn7327a1sh.jpg

We had taken a trip up to CM a few years back. One night I stayed in to watch a movie while the Mrs (Thai for those that don't know) walks off to the Night Bazaar.

Anyway, she's standing there at a knockoff-watch stall having a shifty. She is joined by an American couple of middle age.

The American women says loudly and haughtily "Look at that watch, you can tell its fake", pointing to the Gucci on my wifes wrist. She was rather surprised with the perfect English response, "Actually it real, I bought it in Jersey last Summer".

The American guy (presume American, wifey says he never spoke) cracks a small smile, while American lady suddenly looses all interest in the watches and saunter off - a little redder than she arrived. She explained to the stall holder who was in stitches.

Don't you just hate these 'holier than though' a-holes that insist on looking down on all Thais regardless. She could not have considered that a Thai could afford a real Gucci watch! :o

Overheard on teh BTS last week.

A group of about 5 americans. one says loudly ( is there anyother way that americans can talk other than loudly? ) what a shame the thais cant afford this wonderful service. i looked around and gosh there seemed to be about 40 people who obviously couldnt be thai. :o

at Koh Samui

well i met a French tourist..he talked to me with his broken english..(my english is not perfect but obviously its better than him)

after we talked a while

He : wow , you speak english very good..perfect....like a BAR GIRL ... i spend my time in BKK at soi.nana many day

Me : what ???

He : in Thailand, people dont speak english...just bargirl speak..

Me : well your world is too small, and you 're as smart as i expect...next time if your mum speak english with you..don't forget to give a com ploment to her as "mom..your english is so good..have you ever been whore before? "

He : ???

it's bambi :o

at Koh  Samui

well i met a  French tourist..he talked to me  with his broken english..(my english is not perfect but  obviously  its better than him)

after we  talked a  while 

He : wow ,  you speak english very good..perfect....like  a BAR GIRL ... i spend my time  in BKK  at soi.nana many day

He : in Thailand,  people dont speak english...just bargirl speak..

Me : well your  world is  too small, and  you 're as smart as i expect...next time  if your mum  speak english with you..don't forget to give  a  com ploment to her as "mom..your  english is so good..have  you ever been  whore before? "

He :  ???

it's bambi :D

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Great Reply.

but please remember being French he has a great handicap from birth :o

at Koh  Samui

well i met a  French tourist..he talked to me  with his broken english..(my english is not perfect but  obviously  its better than him)

He : wow ,  you speak english very good..perfect....like  a BAR GIRL ... i spend my time  in BKK  at soi.nana many day

Me : well your  world is  too small, and  you 're as smart as i expect...next time  if your mum  speak english with you..don't forget to give  a  com ploment to her as "mom..your  english is so good..have  you ever been  whore before? "

Great Reply.

Are there 2 of me !!! :D Not a nice thought

at Koh  Samui

Great Reply.

obviously, ivan.... actaully i want to tell him more as...

" well your world is too small, and you 're as smart as i expect...next time if your mum speak english with you..don't forget to give a compliment to her as "mom..your english is so good..have you ever been whore before? " .......................and yes..it mean you re a Son Of B1tch.....

oopsssss :D

ps..... how is your sticky rice???

at Koh  Samui

it's bambi <_<

Great Reply.

Are there 2 of me !!! :D Not a nice thought

Not for long.

It is too easy to make fun of the dumb tourists on their first trip to Thailand. Try and remember what you were like on your first trip!

Also remember that since then as a result of globalisation and the ever increasing overcapacity in the world, it is now much cheaper for some of the less desirable tourists to come to Thailand than their regular haunts - this includes the tattoed Brits who have tired of the Canary Islands and Ibiza as well as the ignorant Australians who have made themselves persona non grata in Bali.

Having said that there rarely goes a day when I am not embarressed by the actions of some farang.

By the way I am British and have lived here for the last 3 years after visiting since 1987.