• Topics

• Latest posts...

1. 51

Bangkok Suffers Severe Smog as PM2.5 Levels Soar Amidst Heat Wave

2. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

3. 95

Form 7162 Anybody Received Theirs Yet for 2024?

4. 0

Has my sex tourist friend found a loop hole?

5. 2,667

ICE vs EV, the debate thread

6. 68

Thai Hostages Still Missing a Year After Hamas Attack

7. 563

White Culture

8. 0

Florida Law Enforcement trying to protect the innocent,ain’t easy!

9. 87

Why is Russia such a cesspool?

10. 34

Tm47 online submission "rejected"

11. 19

Will White Women Shift Away from Republicans to Support Kamala Harris in 2024?

12. 17

Maximum Baht I can take out of Tland as cash

13. 17

Maximum Baht I can take out of Tland as cash

14. 125

Trump chickens out again.

Motorcycle Route To Kanchanaburi

ThaiRich

Or another options is google maps. I was kinda hoping someone that has driven the route or atleast part of the route before. As they can offer experience as to which is the best road(s). Thanks for the input.

Take route 33 from Sa Kaeo to just south of Saraburi, crossing Highway One, and then Thanon 329 to Suphanburi, then Thanon 321 to for another twenty or thirty kays (by the look of the map on my wall) turning right onto Thanon 3245 which should take you into Kanchanaburi. It's a slightly roundabout way rather than as the crow flies, but I assume that the rural environment of Thanon 33 should continue most of the journey, allowing for less infractions on the good highway speed and though longer distance, perhaps shorter time.

Make an early morning start if you can, and you should be in Kanchanaburi just after lunch, judging by the distance on this map on my wall.

Safe travels.

Outstanding thanks. As I know the toll road and the major outer roads around bangkok are off limits to motorcycles.

Good luck with the trucks. Also, there was a typo when I wrote 3245 and meant 324. Sorry. Two things that I have found invaluable whenever I ride interprovince have been the Lonely Planet guide when I get to the destination and need a map of the city, and the A4 sized Michelin map book that keeps me on the right roads over the longer distances. I always pack them both in the front rucksack, so I can easily pull over and grab the mapbook I need without dismounting the bike if I get lost.

Just as an alternative, without toll-roads, I've done a lot of riding up and down Thanon 304 which runs through Nonthaburi, but it's not as confusing and frightening as central Bangkok, but it's Chaengwattana Road in Nonthaburi, which is manageable. Thanon 304 runs almost right to Sa Kaeo, if you head south from Sa Kaeo, turn left onto Thanon 359, that should take you to Thanon 304, and I haven't ridden it myself, but assume it's a shorter distance to ride right along the northern end of Bangkok, across the Chao Phraya River at the new bridge (that I've never seen but have been told is now in operation at last) and then somehow make your way north to Thanon 346, which almost gets you right to Kanchanaburi, with a left turn onto Thanon 324 for the final leg.

I'd still think that the longer distance first route might save time in heavy northern Bangkok city traffic, but please do yourself a favour and take a mapbook with you, so you don't end up riding around in circles like I used to do.

WOW! As of 12:00 noon, 63 people have viewed this post and not one knows a motorcycle route from sakeo to kanchanaburi, avoiding Bangkok.

Where is Sa Keo? =\

Near the Cambodian boarder where everywhere goes for the visa runs. About 60km from Poi Pet.

but please do yourself a favour and take a mapbook with you, so you don't end up riding around in circles like I used to do.

.... or get a GPS navigator. I wouldn't drive outside Bkk without it.

Where did you buy that? How do you get the service?? I am interested in this.

I bought the Lonely Planet guide in Australia in 2005 for around $40 before embarking to Thailand, and the Michelin book from Se-Ed books in Rayong in early 2548. It was around 500-600 baht back then if I recall. For last night's directions though, I was just referring to the map of Thailand on the wall here, which has the highway numbers, provinces and cities/towns written in roman script. Once again, Se-Ed books, for around 180thb for a nice big map to stick on the wall, but not much use in transit on a motorbike.

michelin.jpg

but please do yourself a favour and take a mapbook with you, so you don't end up riding around in circles like I used to do.

.... or get a GPS navigator. I wouldn't drive outside Bkk without it.

Check the forum section "Thailand Maps, GPS Placemarks"