Is Beach In Hh Very Quiet Low Season ?

dmax

hi,

im in pattya now with my wife and baby daughter, i dont like pattaya much now especially since the baby has come along, i have a guy wants to sell me 2 beach plots near the hilton hotel entrance to the beach. i need to know if they are busy on that side, from what i can remember only the sofitel entrance area of the beach is busy in hi season. and not many people use the chairs and beds on the hilton side, please if anyone can give me some good advice it would be greatly appreciated. also im wondering would the beach be very quiet low season ? there is also some speculation that the government is going to stop foreigners buying these plots in the near future and maybe taking some plots away from this area as there is now 22 plots in all.

thankyou in advance

Dmax

The beds and chairs are only allowed in front of the Sofitel for around 10 days at Xmas and New year. Foreigners are NOT allowed to own any of the 22 plots you mention in front of the Hilton.

Most of the plots have been in Thai families for generations and they make a living if operated correctly, offering food and good service. Many get repeat customers as many people don't live in HH but have property there and visit 3 or 4 times a year.

And of course in low season you will not make as much as high season so do not rely on low season to pay your house rent etc.

You will not be able to work the beach either, you will have to employ Thai people. You don't say if your wife is Thai, if so you can buy in her name and she could work or members of her family.

Can you contact me to discuss this offline as I have a vested interest and a wealth of knowledge on this subject.

Cheers

Edited by YorkshireTyke

Dmax

The beds and chairs are only allowed in front of the Sofitel for around 10 days at Xmas and New year. Foreigners are NOT allowed to own any of the 22 plots you mention in front of the Hilton.

Most of the plots have been in Thai families for generations and they make a living if operated correctly, offering food and good service. Many get repeat customers as many people don't live in HH but have property there and visit 3 or 4 times a year.

And of course in low season you will not make as much as high season so do not rely on low season to pay your house rent etc.

You will not be able to work the beach either, you will have to employ Thai people. You don't say if your wife is Thai, if so you can buy in her name and she could work or members of her family.

Can you contact me to discuss this offline as I have a vested interest and a wealth of knowledge on this subject.

Cheers

Dmax

Somebody with a wealth of Knowledge and vested interest I would assume has been resident in HH for a matter of time......Why only just became a member of ThaiVisa and wishing to only discuss offline......be wary OK.

dmax, looks like you have to refresh your memory about hh - go there now (say, it's still high season) and later on, low season.

seat for the whole day and count how many tables/chair occupied, what and how much food and drinks are sold. Make your calculation.

talk to the owners of the all plots - maybe you will get a better deal from them than from the guy you know. By talking to them all you can negotiate and drive the price down.

don't get carried by the speculation, that sometimes in the future government will restrict sell of the plots etc.

looks, like yourkshiretyke is knowlegeable on the subject, as he claims, so meet and talk - decision to buy is always yours. (very probably tyke is a long standing user of the forums and have registered a new account only to reply to your post - maybe not according to the forum rules, but for some important reason).

On the Hilton side of the Hua-Hin beach there are lots of coral boulders in the water outside and when the tide is up there is not much left of the beach. It is not a very pleasant place to spend a day. As a whole the Hua-Hin beach is not very friendly to visitors. The Cha-Am beach is much better. Easier access to the beach and many more places to sit.

Londonthai : Spot on. I am a member of the 'other' HH forum for many years and own property in HH.

ESB7 : I wish to talk offline as I am not going to discuss pro's and cons of a business on an open forum and I know the seller is giving him bad advice as Farang cannot own those plots.

Londonthai : Spot on. I am a member of the 'other' HH forum for many years and own property in HH.

ESB7 : I wish to talk offline as I am not going to discuss pro's and cons of a business on an open forum and I know the seller is giving him bad advice as Farang cannot own those plots.

apologies

Benjie : I don't have as much knowledge as you on all plots in Hua Hin so I do not know if farang can own the business, I only know the 22 near the Hilton as I have researched them before.

PeaceBlondie : since at least July last year and still in December this year Takiab has some sort of lice in the water. When you swim you come out itching for maybe an hour later. Very uncomfortable.

Yes, Cha-Am beach quieter and easy to get a chair/sun bed etc but not a good place to set up a business as not enough custom which is what DMax wants.

Neither me or DMax said anything about owning the land. It is a business and you are buying the right to trade on a section of the beach. :)

Benjie : What's that 'nugget' based on ????

Pray give us your experience and wisdom and expand on your throwaway comment

Thai families have been making a good living for over 20 years from operating on the beach.

eg. A portion of fries from a small open front restaurant near the beach is 50 baht. On the beach it is 100 Baht.