Advice On Where To Buy Safety Gear In Phuket/bangkok

shaney18

Hi guys,

I just bought a new Kawasaki er6. I Have been looking around the internet for some decent good quality safety gear to go with my new ride. I know of Motorcycle world and the shops along the by pass road on Phuket, been quoted a few prices but they seem to steep. Does anyone know of any stores in Thailand or Online that will ship to Thailand withought any customs complications? Or would it be worth my while taking a trip over to Singapore?

Cheers

Shane

I reckon it's worth taking a trip over to Singapore for all your riding gear.

Can find gear at the

Motorcycle Show in Central store sukhumvit , Bangkok. Jan 28- Jan 31

bangkokmotorbikefestival.com

Or

Try "Paddock" in Bangkok, if you are familiar with the MRT you would take it to station Huay Kwang. Not sure on the specific riding gear you are looking for, but these

2 options I think would fit your needs.

paddock.co.th

Thanks for the replies guys. Unfortunately Im away working Brunei at the moment so Im going to miss out on the Motorcycle Show in BKK. Im after a decent helmet, AVG, SHOEI or ARAI. Does anyone know what those ICON helmets are like?

Im also after a pair of SIDI Street Burner boots and a decent perforated leather jacket, Vintage styling if possible.

I reckon it's worth taking a trip over to Singapore for all your riding gear.

Can find gear at the

Motorcycle Show in Central store sukhumvit , Bangkok. Jan 28- Jan 31

bangkokmotorbikefestival.com

Or

Try "Paddock" in Bangkok, if you are familiar with the MRT you would take it to station Huay Kwang. Not sure on the specific riding gear you are looking for, but these

2 options I think would fit your needs.

paddock.co.th

post-99683-1264661023_thumb.jpg

Don't waste your time trying to find quality bike apparel in this country. I bought my stuff in Singapore or online via ebay.

My suggestion is to visit this shop, they have all the things you need:

http://www.motoworld.com.sg - They've got a massive range of branded sportbike goods.

KB Industrial Building

10 Kaki Bukit Rd 1 #01-08

Singapore 416175

or check bunch of others:

219 Motorshop

217 Lavender Street

Opening hours: 10am to 8pm (Monday to Saturday)

Tel: 6297 7225

Hodaka MotoWorld Pte Ltd

Showroom & Workshop

10 #01-08

Kaki Bukit Road 1

Singapore 416175

Tel: 6844 0792, 6844 0794 Fax: 6844 0793

Tel: 6844 0078 ( Office )

Tel: 6844 0079 ( Customer Service hotline )

Boutique Showroom

89 #01-11

Short Street

Singapore 188216

Tel: 6336 1126, 6336 8528 Fax: 6336 0654

Email : [email protected]

JR Pte Ltd

1072 Serangoon Road

Singapore 328178

Opening Hours

9.00am to 6.00pm

Monday to Saturday

Tel : (65) 6293 6440 / 6293 6092

Email: [email protected]

Not Just Helmet

Blk 3004, Ubi Ave 3,

#01-100

Singapore 408860

Joyee Ong (97968892)

Alson Ng (97860940)

Don't waste your time trying to find quality bike apparel in this country.

Sorry to disagree, but in Bangkok you can find just about anything these days. Prices are higher than Singapore but once you factor in a flight and hotel in Singapore I think you'd definitely come out ahead buying in Bangkok. There are some great deals to be had right now at the Bangkok Motorbike Show.

012810PandaRider.JPG

Picked up these awesome Clover HP Race gloves from PandaRider for only 5400 Baht.

012810CloverHPRS4.JPG

Beautifully made gloves and because they’re kangaroo they weigh next to nothing and I can tell they're going to be very comfortable. The wrap-around carbon-wrist guard gives piece of mind and looks proper trick too :)

Saw some great prices on Joe Rocket gear at Panda Rider and Alpinestars over at the Dirtshop booth. Plenty of other deals too- check out some of the Arai and AGV helmets at the Stadium booth-

012810StadiumHelmets.JPG

012810StadiumAGVT2.JPG

Pretty competitive prices and tons to choose from- check it out if you can!

Happy Trails,

Tony

Thanks CroBiker and Tony for your input. I will try and make a stop in Singapore on my way back home from Brunei.

CroBiker Have you bought any goods from the guys at Motoworld? have you been to the Chong Aik International store as well?

Unfortunately Tony im away working at the moment and I wont be back in Thailand until the Middle of Feb, so I will definitely missing out on the bike show in Bkk. Shame really as I only found out about it yesterday and you seemed to have found some great deals there.

When you guys talk about the pricing being more expensive, are we talking about a stupidly large mark up on price??

Cheers

Don't waste your time trying to find quality bike apparel in this country.

Sorry to disagree, but in Bangkok you can find just about anything these days. Prices are higher than Singapore but once you factor in a flight and hotel in Singapore I think you'd definitely come out ahead buying in Bangkok. There are some great deals to be had right now at the Bangkok Motorbike Show.

012810PandaRider.JPG

Picked up these awesome Clover HP Race gloves from PandaRider for only 5400 Baht.

012810CloverHPRS4.JPG

Beautifully made gloves and because they're kangaroo they weigh next to nothing and I can tell they're going to be very comfortable. The wrap-around carbon-wrist guard gives piece of mind and looks proper trick too :)

Saw some great prices on Joe Rocket gear at Panda Rider and Alpinestars over at the Dirtshop booth. Plenty of other deals too- check out some of the Arai and AGV helmets at the Stadium booth-

012810StadiumHelmets.JPG

012810StadiumAGVT2.JPG

Pretty competitive prices and tons to choose from- check it out if you can!

Happy Trails,

Tony

Thanks CroBiker and Tony for your input. I will try and make a stop in Singapore on my way back home from Brunei.

CroBiker Have you bought any goods from the guys at Motoworld? have you been to the Chong Aik International store as well?

Unfortunately Tony im away working at the moment and I wont be back in Thailand until the Middle of Feb, so I will definitely missing out on the bike show in Bkk. Shame really as I only found out about it yesterday and you seemed to have found some great deals there.

When you guys talk about the pricing being more expensive, are we talking about a stupidly large mark up on price??

Cheers

shaney18, I've been to all other stores but bought all my stuff at Motorworld. You may check the others and find the best price.

I've hunted around Phuket and found a few places. Collectively they offer a decent selection.

HKT motors on Chao Fa west opposite Shell gas station, It now has a Ducati sign out front.

There is a Thai helmet and accessories shop in Phuket town. It is one block west of Robinsons/Ocean/Macdonalds/KFC on Ong Sam Phai Rd. then go one block south on Phuket road. It is next to the Chinese temple. Look for yellow signboard with helmet. I have bought some decent Alpinestar grey market stuff in their for cheap. Also some nice Motocross boots for 2900 baht.

Go the other direction from Robinsons/KFC on the same Ong Sim Phai Rd. is a Harly-esqe looking orange and black shop on the right side before you get to Phuket Grocery Limited. They have street bike stuff in thier as well as chopper.

On airport road north of Tesco is Terra Motors on the east side. They are the ones with the Hyabusa billboard.

The Triumph dealer is also in the same building. They have gear.

Also not far from there on the other side of the road is another Harley-esque looking shop. Can't remember the name. Mostly chopper stuff.

The Kawasaki dealer in Phuket Town has exactly zip.

Edited by ScubaBuddha

I've hunted around Phuket and found a few places. Collectively they offer a decent selection.

HKT motors on Chao Fa west opposite Shell gas station, It now has a Ducati sign out front.

There is a Thai helmet and accessories shop in Phuket town. It is one block west of Robinsons/Ocean/Macdonalds/KFC on Ong Sam Phai Rd. then go one block south on Phuket road. It is next to the Chinese temple. Look for yellow signboard with helmet. I have bought some decent Alpinestar grey market stuff in their for cheap. Also some nice Motocross boots for 2900 baht.

Go the other direction from Robinsons/KFC on the same Ong Sim Phai Rd. is a Harly-esqe looking orange and black shop on the right side before you get to Phuket Grocery Limited. They have street bike stuff in thier as well as chopper.

On airport road north of Tesco is Terra Motors on the east side. They are the ones with the Hyabusa billboard.

Also not far from there on the other side of the road is another Harley-esque looking shop. Can't remember the name. Mostly chopper stuff.

Thanks ScubaBuddha for the info.

Didnt realise there were a few Shops over by Robinsons in Phuket Town. I only knew of Motorcycle World around there, tried checking out the store before i left for work but it was still closed over the holiday period. I checked out those places on the bypass road but neither of them seemed to have anything readily available and the guy in Terra was pretty rude to be honest.

What do you mean by Thai helmet and accessorise? They only sell brands like REAL?

Last time i was in Kwacker Phuket the main man told me that they were in the process of refurbishing it into a proper showroom.

Cheers

Thanks ScubaBuddha for the info.

Didnt realise there were a few Shops over by Robinsons in Phuket Town. I only knew of Motorcycle World around there, tried checking out the store before i left for work but it was still closed over the holiday period. I checked out those places on the bypass road but neither of them seemed to have anything readily available and the guy in Terra was pretty rude to be honest.

What do you mean by Thai helmet and accessorise? They only sell brands like REAL?

Last time i was in Kwacker Phuket the main man told me that they were in the process of refurbishing it into a proper showroom.

Cheers

and the guy in Terra was pretty rude to be honest.

No change there then..

Not tempted by the index helmet they have in there with a 4500 price tag :)

Ha ha i know right. When i went in all he had was second hand helmets and some pokey looking shoei for 22,000. Wasnt any help at all and just said that i would have to order something through them with a hefty deposit,, no thanks...