90 Day Report

I trotted down to Jang Wattana today full of the joys of spring to report my adddess, to be told that I was three days late. I had returned from UK about ten days before my retirement extension expired and renewed it, I considered that visit to Immigration equal to a report so counted from then. Alas the 90 day report is now a completely seperate thing. It cost me 2000 Baht.

The office is all geared-up to receive the fines and when you try to explain they already know the whole story and are ready to reply. Another chap just as guilty was fined for the same thing while I was there.

I believe that something similar happened about five years ago because I was given a reminder stapled into my passport then, when I got my first retirement extension, but unlike today the extension date counted as a report, so that is the change.

They have a 'new boss I suppose. I thought twice about posting but then considered that Immigration are not going to say anything because the money has to come from somewhere.

It was very depressing; not the money, although it is more than the extension, as much as the attitude, it ruined my appetite, and I was looking forward to a nice meal in the food hall too.

Always been like that.

Only your very first application of a 1 year extension counts as address reporting.

All subsequent application extensions have no influence on reporting.

It's every 90 days, and starts counting again after leaving and re-entering Thailand.

Actually you were 10 days late - 3 days beyond the no fine limit. As said only the first application for extension of stay is considered a 90 day report. After that it is 90 days from last report or last entry. Entry is day one.

Agreed, old news. No change.

Suspected as much, but worth a post for others like me; I usually enter about three days before renewal so report 90 days later which is within 97 days so hadn't noticed. There is a receipt reminding me of a report due on April 26th but I will be gone for the summer then.

Suspected as much, but worth a post for others like me; I usually enter about three days before renewal so report 90 days later which is within 97 days so hadn't noticed. There is a receipt reminding me of a report due on April 26th but I will be gone for the summer then.

Assuming you will be leaving the country, you will need to get a re-entry permit. Then, when you return, your "90 days" will start from the new date stamped in your passport.

Assuming you will be leaving the country, you will need to get a re-entry permit. Then, when you return, your "90 days" will start from the new date stamped in your passport.

No, the 90 days are reset and start when you return. The day you arrive will be considered day 1.

No, the 90 days are reset and start when you return. The day you arrive will be considered day 1.

Yes, another, possibly more explicit, way of saying it

You do not have any such paper on a new entry. You have to count the days.

So?Why is that so difficult? :):D:D:D:D

The only difficult thing is that immigration is being unreasonable. I suspect that if I went to immigration with an expired visa I wouldn't get a ninety day stamp, if I applied for an exit visa having missed getting a ninety day stamp, they would pick it up, etc.

They set this up by making the first report ninety days after the initial extension and I should have been caught out much earlier actually, this is my fourth stamp. The fact is that when you extend your visa you have effectively reported and the next report could be ninety days after that, it isn't, because they don't have to do that, nothing to do with the law.

I don't know how many people travel and use hotels for more than 24hours but you had better be ready in case they become consistent in following the law, the provision to report is the clause before the ninety day.