The Black Sheep Bar

rudi2008

I was in there about 3 weeks ago. A young damsel there was quoting Walking Street prices for her company so I declined. Anyway I bought a stubby cooler for a Kiwi mate and I have it here. It says it is on Soi Watboonsumpun. Underneath in brackets is (Kao Noi)

I was in there about 3 weeks ago. A young damsel there was quoting Walking Street prices for her company so I declined. Anyway I bought a stubby cooler for a Kiwi mate and I have it here. It says it is on Soi Watboonsumpun. Underneath in brackets is (Kao Noi)

It starts out at Sukumvhit as Soi Boonsumpun, goes up the hill into east Pattaya, (the "dark" side), continues until it gets to Wat Boonsumpun, makes a right and changes names to Soi Kao Noi, than around and back down the hill to the red light at Sukumvhit, where it ends. Dead end on both ends. We live on soi 11 Boonsumpun, right around the corner from the "Black Sheep Bar".....have never entered, and never will now. :)

Falang oriented bars are overpriced compared to Thai oriented bars and the girls want falang community as they will pay more. As such there seems little legitimate reason for Thais to enter them. If accompanying a falang then OK but otherwise why would they be there?

There are several valid reasons for excluding Thais from falang oriented bars the key ones being possible Police stool pigeon or boyflend of girl employed at bar looking to cause trouble.

In Pattaya there are Thai only bars, Japanese only bars, Chinese only bars and Arab only bars as well as falang only bars and so what? Its not like there's a bar shortage and why would you want to enter a bar that doesn't want your custom anyway?

As to having connections and using them, well the bar is likely paying protection of some sort itself so I would think very carefully about going down that route.

so, lets see here what can happen, you or your friend actually carries out the plan to cause the bar owner problems, the bar owner finds out who is behind it. next move is his in the game. and probably not good for you or your friend

best to get off the train early on in this kind of thing

A lot of strange reactions … my kind of view.

Of course, I overreacted by telling “we will go on to disturb the bar… “, but how would you feel ? My friend was really upset ! And me to !

Some people live a normal life here you know – even Thai people.

No paranoia “undercover police” …

Not “‘looking for his girlfriend or wife” …

Not ‘”looking for trouble” …

Just two friends, having a good time like we weekly do : go around, have some beers and a nice game of pool. We frequent most of the bars here on Darkside – and no problem at all, like it should be. Or he takes me out (or me and my wife who is farang, before people think I’m gay and in love) – to his family, with his friends, to Bangkok or anywhere. And we are always welcome, at there homes, in bars, on events, … .

So I go on with the life I have, a good one, with my friend(s) and avoid the Black Sheep. As some assumed – there are plenty of nice bars to frequent … .

I think it all depends on whether the Thai man is "known" to the bar manager/staff or not. I've been to several "farang" go-go bars and have seen a table of Thai guys drinking away. Odds are they were off duty cops enjoying some complimentary refreshments :)

Edited by Lancelot

It starts out at Sukumvhit as Soi Boonsumpun, goes up the hill into east Pattaya, (the "dark" side), continues until it gets to Wat Boonsumpun, makes a right and changes names to Soi Kao Noi, than around and back down the hill to the red light at Sukumvhit, where it ends. Dead end on both ends. We live on soi 11 Boonsumpun, right around the corner from the "Black Sheep Bar".....have never entered, and never will now. :)

Errrm I thought it was Soi Watboonsampan (Soi KhaoNoi) all the way to the top, once you turn right it becomes Soi KhaoTalo.

This is not a new thing, back in 2002 our crew came in for R & R from an off shore installation, 3 Farang and some 10 Thais (well paid and respected fellow workers), one of the Farang was celebrating his birthday and wanted to treat the Thais to a night out. As my TW was in BKK at the time she accompanied us, if it wasn't for her standing up to the management in of some of the places we went to the Thais would not have been treated to anything other than the entertainment they are used too.

I certainly hope the 'Black Sheep Bar' gets their just rewards! :)

As to having connections and using them, well the bar is likely paying protection of some sort itself so I would think very carefully about going down that route.

Yes the imminent mafia war will be very interesting indeed :) , over a <deleted> beer!! @ op get a life m8

Rudi,

You and your friend are not 'up for trouble' but when the bar owner refuses to serve you a beer then rather than just walking away your immediately both up in his face telling him your connected and threatening retaliation, do you see the irony in your post?

Aussiechcik. Try not to be silly.

Didnt know there was a black sheep bar on Khao Talo as well....

As for not serving the Thai man, Iam surpised he even made it through the door as generally Thais are not welcome in Farang targeted mongering establishments due to the exact reason as you have outlined "He has contacts and will make trouble for the bar"............

SAo you are saying the owner refused a thai guy entrance,but he allows thai women withfarangs to go in.Doesnt make sense mate

The original Black Pearl (no, not the Black Sheep) instituted a 'no Thai' policy because a jealous Thai pulled a gun on a guy, and basically for no reason- the chap was talking to his girlfriend, quite politely, and he got jealous. I have met the 'jealous Thai' actually, he's Thai Chinese, quite wealthy because of his sisters company, and frankly an arrogant prick. But it is incidents such as this that have led to several bars going this way, which is regrettable.

My own two cents worth is that if a Thai is accompanied by a farang, they should not be refused service. I would certainly boycott the bar if it happened to me.

I was kicked out of a Korean restaurant in Pattaya the other day for not being Korean. They weren't even subtle about it (didn't try to make up a story like we are full).

you are one lucky so and so ,Korean food must be the worst in the world,its no wonder they always look so miserable :)

I don't know much about Korean temperament, but I do love Korean food. For all I know it was dog stew night and they were doing me a favor. I don't think the place had an English menu, it was an out of the way place, not on the normal beaten tourist trail. There are special legal dog meat restaurants in Korea, now I wonder if they have them here ... Hmmmm.

I was kicked out of a Korean restaurant in Pattaya the other day for not being Korean. They weren't even subtle about it (didn't try to make up a story like we are full).

you are one lucky so and so ,Korean food must be the worst in the world,its no wonder they always look so miserable :)

Are you trying to be funny or are you just ignorant?

From our forum rules:

7) Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Blimey, political correctness rules! Perhaps I'm having a bad day, but I cannot for the life of me see how the comments made contravene the rule you took the trouble to look up. The remark regarding Korean food is just an opinion, to which he's entitled and as you so astutely point out, yes he was being funny saying they always look so miserable. Using your standards half the posts would get deleted and we all might as well just go home. This is PC gone bonkers.

was in their the other night still going well, owner seems nice bloke, having run a bar i can understand why they do not want thai guys in. when thery get booze down ther neck they can be a real pain. i have thai mates but when we gofor a beer i certainly would not take him to a girliebar.humilating for them to see girls workig this way. why did you not go next door to red lion where there are no working girls

agree...it is so much less humiliating to work in a karaoke or massage parlour.

The reason is, some of the girls have Thai boyfriends and we don't want them in there as it can cause trouble. Their was one incident in a dark side bar not that long time ago when some Thai boyfriend came in with a gun.

So you're at war just for a beer? :) There are plenty of places where Thai male customers are not welcomed, usually you just take a look at the place and you can tell. Saves a lot of hassle and embarrassment when you are with Thai friends. There are reasons too, one of them you've just given proof of, but another reason could be to make sure Somchay doesn't barge in all Pattaya or Patong bars to hunt down his ex Noy.

Now if you ask me I think they should allow Thai customers, but have a dual price system, like 800 baht for a Thai when it is 80 baht for a foreigner. Of course 80 would be written LXXX, for the sake of losing them... :D

Outstanding.

Your my type of bloke, be down in your area in a couple of weeks{Maybe we can chew over a couple of cold ones)

Khirimat 4 :D:D:D:D

Are you trying to be funny or are you just ignorant?

From our forum rules:

7) Not to post slurs or degrading comments directed towards any group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Raro, having worked for a Korean company (Dong Ah, Great Man-Made River, Libya) for a few months, and with no Western food in the canteen, I had to eat Korean food three times a day, using small steel chopsticks no larger than crochet hooks.

I grabbed the first alternative job offere that came along and would never eat any Korean food again.

It is truly dreadful - unless you are talking about the multi-cultural Korean restaurants that serve up bul go ki and similar Western-slanted meals.

to the op i can only assume the kiwi owner wasnt in at the time, if he was i dont think this would of happened.

why would you want to get the authorities involved for something that could be sorted out easly with the owner ?

Wrong Kiwi owner makes the rules, his rule and i understand why, what i dont understand is why OP took good hearted Thai to a farang brothel. poor Thai guy i bet he could not wait to get out the place imagine a Thai taking a good hearted farang to a Thai owned brothel catering for Thai men. Authorities not involved

Edited by NALAK