Cheap Long Term Condo/apartment Rentals

d0ndela

Hi

I have a friend who is going to move here to Hua Hin in a couple of months. I promised him to scout for some really cheap places to stay.

I of course have my own ideas for places, but I would like to ask the local community for ideas as well, as I'm most likely missing some places on my list.

A few wishes/requirements:

- Has to be North of town centre, I live around the Soi 6 area and to save him from the traffic of the center, better to live north of town.

- Has to be furnished and have aircondition

- Has to be really cheap, this guy has no income and probably won't for a long time

- Would be nice if it was by or close by Petchkasem Road so easy access to the green busses etc.

- Would be nice if it was more than just a single room, here I'm thinking like the 1½ rooms at Hin Nam, where the "bedroom" is raised about a meter from the small living area.

So places I have in mind so far is:

- Hin Nam Say Suai, have different sizes of apartments, and usually a lot for rent which are furnished. Downside is that I heard they overcharge heavily for electricity and water (but maybe most places do, I don't know), also it's something like 9,000 baht I think for the single bedroom places, and even though it sounds cheap to some I still think it's quite pricy.

- "Hua Hin Apartments" or something like that, located at Soi 52/1 I think it is, about 100 meters from Petchkasem. One bedroom apartments for 4,500 baht. Really cheap and nice location. Just a wee bit small.

- VIP condominium, but no. Just to far away from everything.

- Then I have another friend who lives in a 3 bedroom townhouse just opposite Hin Nam, which he rents for 15,000 baht, fully furnished with flatscreen tv and surround sound, really really nice place. So that's why I'm thinking that 9,000 is to much for a single bedroom apartment at Hin Nam?

So anyone with any more suggestions? If only something like the 4,500 baht place existed a bit further away from town, so you could get more space for the same price.

Update: I just went to have a look at the condos they have at Hin Nam, oh boy are they ripping people of. They asked 12,000 baht for a condo that looked like something you would find in 1970 and maybe last cleaned in 1980. No thanks.

I'm thinking it will end up being a house instead. Those condo companies seems to rather want to leave their units empty than asking a decent price.