Computing Freezes When Using Bit Comet ..

Uncle_Ho

Hello Computer experts in here ..

This's been happening for over 2 weeks .. I have been formatting and reformatting the computer and i cannot cure this freezing which only occurs when Bit comet is running ...

======================================================

Event viewer says :

Event Type: Warning

Event Source: Tcpip

Event Category: None

Event ID: 4226

Date: 5/9/2005

Time: 2:28:19 PM

User: N/A

Computer: XP

Description:

TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Data:

0000: 00 00 00 00 01 00 54 00 ......T.

0008: 00 00 00 00 82 10 00 80 ......

0010: 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........

0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........

0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........

====================================================

What should i do ? Any cure ? Its so annoying when computer freezes everytime i download something using Bitcomet ... I havent tried using other client .. But with TCP/IP does it have something to do with Bit comet ?

Thanx for ur help in advance ,

cheers guys .

Try another BitTorrent client, maybe it is a Bit Comet problem.

ALSO

True (and maybe other ISPs) are blocking the ports used by BitTorrent, this could be the source of the TCP/IP error in the middle of your message.

I've not used Bit Comet, can you adjust the ports it uses?? Try using ports displaced by, say 10, from the defaults.

Any successful BitTorrent users out there???

Ok , afteri restarted my computer i have been seeing that warning a few times but my computer did not freeze up ... So now i am not sure if that is causing my computer to freeze ..

What could be it then ? Its happening only when Bit Comet is running ?

My Zonealarm is keeping me protected (i think) .. Using AVG for antivirus .. 2-3 programs for spyware .. havent detected anything ...

Any tips guys ,,,

thanks in advance ..

use the tcp Optimizer program that comes with your TRUE installation disc (look for it ...) and set the defaults for dsl . apply. click custom settings and go to the second tab and set max connections in both boxes to 60 - 80 (whatever you want - less is more stable but a tad slower) apply. In Bit Comet set the max connections in advanced to something less than you set above in both max connections options (they are there)

This will reduce your problems, but not solve them. Some files simply crash all the time. changing to a a different file, or a different site will solve it. Suprnova, and mininova are the worst I have found for BT freezes (happens with all bt clients) demonoid, torrent portal etc are no problem.