Importing Engine From Us

reginaldsnoo

Haha, ok then it was a misunderstand :)

My plan is, to buy a original HD softtail with 88B or 95B Engine here in Thailand, everything perfect and clean, with green book, insurance, whatever.

Then import an custom frame, go with this 2 things to get the number on the new frame, and thats it? I mean its correct, isnt?

And by the way, is somebody here with a softtail HD, 2003 or newer, without any custom parts or something, clean and correct bike, and will sale it? :D

Edited by giletto

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Haha, ok then it was a misunderstand :)

My plan is, to buy a original HD softtail with 88B or 95B Engine here in Thailand, everything perfect and clean, with green book, insurance, whatever.

Then import an custom frame, go with this 2 things to get the number on the new frame, and thats it? I mean its correct, isnt?

And by the way, is somebody here with a softtail HD, 2003 or newer, without any custom parts or something, clean and correct bike, and will sale it? :D

What type of after market frame are you thinking about?

Some USA frame makers can stamp the new frame with the number of your Harley frame so that you don't need to modify any of your paperwork. Or you could get the neck of the donor bike welded into the new frame but that is a job that needs to be done by a qualified shop and there are not too many shops out here I would trust with that job.

I think about this one, but i have some similar style frame like that:

http://www.custom-motorcycle-parts.com/201...r-280300-tires/

I ask them already, they can send the frame clean without any number, or with there own frame number(dont know for what this number are good?), but i like your suggestion, to put the number there on the frame already, much more! :)

You dont think, i can get in trouble, if this frame come to thailand, with an original and registered thai HD frame number? Or is nobody check this?

With the neck and change the custom frame im a little bit careful i mean, i dont want, that the stability of the frame structure change. Im not sure that here on Phuket has an WIG welder.

I know a guy who bought a frame from Chasis Design Co. in California and they stamped his frame with the numbers from his Harley here in Thailand then he just swapped over and over reported any problems so far. But This is Thailand and like i say i am not an expert on this just an interested observer.

Yes, this was my first idea. Get an blank frame without any number, go to TiT, geht the number on the custom Frame and swap everything what i need. Hm, i hope it works like that. If anybody have some more suggestion, solutions or experience about that, i'll be very thankful, when you share it with me.

Otherwise i will try to found the right HD here in LoS, and start the project soon...

Yes, this was my first idea. Get an blank frame without any number, go to TiT, geht the number on the custom Frame and swap everything what i need. Hm, i hope it works like that. If anybody have some more suggestion, solutions or experience about that, i'll be very thankful, when you share it with me.

Otherwise i will try to found the right HD here in LoS, and start the project soon...

Let us know if you need any sheet metal work done :)

http://visiontanks.blogspot.com/