The Yamaha V-star 250 Coming

Looks like this will be "replacement" to the Honda Phantom that seem to be discontinued shortly. v-twin and a good "chopper" look should sell well here ...if the price is good.

I wonder when honda will wake up???

patcat

The Yamaha V-Star 250 will be the second 250cc V-twin low-rider cruiser motorcycle on the Thai market, the first V-twin was the Lifan LF250-B. But as most people here are not a big fan of Chinese build motorcycles, I guess the Yamaha will do much better in sales figures. Still the price of the Yamaha V-Star 250 will be much higher then the Chinese build Lifan.

c_lifan_lf250-b.jpg

The Yamaha V-Star 250 will be the second 250cc V-twin low-rider cruiser motorcycle on the Thai market, the first V-twin was the Lifan LF250-B. But as most people here are not a big fan of Chinese build motorcycles, I guess the Yamaha will do much better in sales figures. Still the price of the Yamaha V-Star 250 will be much higher then the Chinese build Lifan.

c_lifan_lf250-b.jpg

doesnt/didnt platinum have a 250cc v-twin cruiser in LOS?

Yes, on paper Platinum motorcycles had/has a Monaco 250, which is equipped with a 2-cylinder parallel twin engine. Only until today, that is almost a year ago, I never received any information from Platinum. We send them several requests for wanting to test or buy one of them, never an answer.

So I consider the Lifan LF250-B, which I actually saw, as the first 250cc cruiser

Yes, on paper Platinum motorcycles had/has a Monaco 250, which is equipped with a 2-cylinder parallel twin engine. Only until today, that is almost a year ago, I never received any information from Platinum. We send them several requests for wanting to test or buy one of them, never an answer.

So I consider the Lifan LF250-B, which I actually saw, as the first 250cc cruiser

did see Monaco 250 in Phuket showroom when I still had a phantom, must be 3 or 4 years ago. looked like crap, crocodile leather seat, remote security and smelled like chinese quality :)

But to make it complete, hereby the picture of the Platinum Monaco 250. A Thai build motorcycle sourced from several Chinese OEM manufacturers.

Monaco250V-1.jpg

just recalled some police friends bought these machine here in Phuket. like 60-70 k baht. Too many problems, so they made Platinum Phuket take the bikes back. No wonder this dealer went belly up.

But to make it complete, hereby the picture of the Platinum Monaco 250. A Thai build motorcycle sourced from several Chinese OEM manufacturers.

Monaco250V-1.jpg

Odd that a manufacturer would include the letter "V" in a name for a parallel twin....even going so far as to wrap the exhaust pipe around so that it appeared to be one...

c_lifan_lf250-b.jpg

Whatever the price of the Yamaha, if you keep it in good order, 5 years from now you will probably get better than 60% back if you sell. On the other hand if you buy a Lifan, 5 years from now you will be happy to take whatever you can get for it! It's as simple as that!

Whatever the price of the Yamaha, if you keep it in good order, 5 years from now you will probably get better than 60% back if you sell. On the other hand if you buy a Lifan, 5 years from now you will be happy to take whatever you can get for it! It's as simple as that!

and yammy Vstar 250,650 and 1100 are really stylish japs cruisers during those 5 years

can we guestimate 250 at 120-130k when made in Malaysia and free importduty?

• 3 months later...