Sachs 250

Well, I like the low weight and the good looks. The tank has a metal fold / edge which is a little bit uncomfortable on the knees and I prefer different, narrower and high rise handlebars. For all who live on a dirt road, a capable 100,000 Baht bike is just what the doctor ordered! (Photos taken at the factory visit)

Chris

Hi chris once you actually ride it, it feels really fine - i haven't actually felt any metalfold edge at all (i was wearing jeans)and the handlebar was fine to my taste ...if i remember correctly you didn't actually ride the x-road on the Factory visit ( neither did i, due to headaches :) ) but i did a few days later :D on the same bike at the factory and felt comfortable even the handlebars, and as for the power that was said by some to be lacking. The first gear may not bring that great torqey feel, but 2nd and 3rd picks up quite nicely....5th gear and i was easily up on 100+kph. Last time i rode a d-tracker was just making 100 kph ( that was at the dealership so it must have been the restricted one)...can't wait to have it available...another parking lot will be filled at home :D . I like the x-road for around town and urban bumpy roads plus some light dirtplay- will be fine for all of this.

happy trails,

Tiger/Sachs Club-Mbox

Sorry Reinhard, but that you doesn´t felt the edge is not understandable for me. They nearly cutted my knies, I felt totally uncomfortable on it. It looks very cool, engine naja OK, but there is no contact to the bike. Boxers have indeed much more bikefeeling.

Well, I like the low weight and the good looks. The tank has a metal fold / edge which is a little bit uncomfortable on the knees and I prefer different, narrower and high rise handlebars. For all who live on a dirt road, a capable 100,000 Baht bike is just what the doctor ordered! (Photos taken at the factory visit)

Chris

Hi chris once you actually ride it, it feels really fine - i haven't actually felt any metalfold edge at all (i was wearing jeans)and the handlebar was fine to my taste ...if i remember correctly you didn't actually ride the x-road on the Factory visit ( neither did i, due to headaches :) ) but i did a few days later :D on the same bike at the factory and felt comfortable even the handlebars, and as for the power that was said by some to be lacking. The first gear may not bring that great torqey feel, but 2nd and 3rd picks up quite nicely....5th gear and i was easily up on 100+kph. Last time i rode a d-tracker was just making 100 kph ( that was at the dealership so it must have been the restricted one)...can't wait to have it available...another parking lot will be filled at home :D . I like the x-road for around town and urban bumpy roads plus some light dirtplay- will be fine for all of this.

happy trails,

Tiger/Sachs Club-Mbox

Sorry Reinhard, but that you doesn´t felt the edge is not understandable for me. They nearly cutted my knies, I felt totally uncomfortable on it. It looks very cool, engine naja OK, but there is no contact to the bike. Boxers have indeed much more bikefeeling.

Well harry, i drove the x-road about 15 minutes around at factory and on the "testing road" too ,nothing whatsoever was bothering my knees. But i mentioned it before we had different clothing...you rode on shorts and "front-closed flipflops"(name?) while i was riding on long Jeans and full shoes. Maybe the Jeans prevented the feel of what you had on the knees... out of curioisity i will try to get an audience and test it again with shorts .

I think much of the bike is as i like it and pretty much of a bike comes down to personal taste and preference. Comparing it to the Boxer is a bit far off ,as they are different kind of bikes altogether really.You should really compare it to a D-tracker. Sure it looks cool but it got to convince me too, which it did, other wise i wouldn't be buying it( and no , i don't get it for free, i'll buy it). I haven't ridden the x-road over longer distance really but my impression was that it was comfortable and suficiently powered enough to cover medium/longer distances too. I guess will have to do the 1011 km/day nakwan/umphang/nakwan on it again to proof it...i recalling people disbelieved that it was doable on the Boxer 250RS which as dave_boo can confirm was doing the distance nice and sweet.

Happy trails,

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

Edited by Tigersachsclub

Hello to all. The pics show the bike with street tires - A La Super Motard. Will knobbies be on any models ? Thanks

Hi there, from the info what i have it will not have knobbies. But this is not written in stone really. Will update it here once i know more.

happy trails,

Tiger/Sachs Club-Mbox

My girlfiend has grip-pads on the side of her Yamaha fuel-tank and they are really nasty if you wear shorts. We have to face it, if you want to ride wearing your shorts buy a Honda Wave, Tiger Retro 110, or another underbone motorcycle. Do you really want to ride, on a real motorcycle, wear the right gear.

For the Sachs X-Road, I'm pretty sure that the suspension of the bike is good enough to do some trail riding. Sachs is one of the top manufacturers of off-road motorcycle suspensions, think BMW, Husqvarna and surely a few more use suspensions made by Sachs.

My girlfiend has grip-pads on the side of her Yamaha fuel-tank and they are really nasty if you wear shorts. We have to face it, if you want to ride wearing your shorts buy a Honda Wave, Tiger Retro 110, or another underbone motorcycle. Do you really want to ride, on a real motorcycle, wear the right gear.

For the Sachs X-Road, I'm pretty sure that the suspension of the bike is good enough to do some trail riding. Sachs is one of the top manufacturers of off-road motorcycle suspensions, think BMW, Husqvarna and surely a few more use suspensions made by Sachs.

Yes, Sachs is one of the top MF in OR suspensions, No, it´s not good enough to do some trail riding. Yes, I just weared 2/3 jeans on the testride, No, it´s not a bike which I can recommend in any case.

Edited by HangDongRider

Well harry, i drove the x-road about 15 minutes around at factory and on the "testing road" too ,nothing whatsoever was bothering my knees. But i mentioned it before we had different clothing...you rode on shorts and "front-closed flipflops"(name?) while i was riding on long Jeans and full shoes. Maybe the Jeans prevented the feel of what you had on the knees... out of curioisity i will try to get an audience and test it again with shorts .

I think much of the bike is as i like it and pretty much of a bike comes down to personal taste and preference. Comparing it to the Boxer is a bit far off ,as they are different kind of bikes altogether really.You should really compare it to a D-tracker. Sure it looks cool but it got to convince me too, which it did, other wise i wouldn't be buying it( and no , i don't get it for free, i'll buy it). I haven't ridden the x-road over longer distance really but my impression was that it was comfortable and suficiently powered enough to cover medium/longer distances too. I guess will have to do the 1011 km/day nakwan/umphang/nakwan on it again to proof it...i recalling people disbelieved that it was doable on the Boxer 250RS which as dave_boo can confirm was doing the distance nice and sweet.

Happy trails,

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

Other than that electrical problem that presented in the monsoon and then mysteriously cleared itself up. In actuality, if we were to do that run again, I'd definitely want to borrow your Boxer (assuming you've bought the X-Road by the time I return) because I think it would be a much more pleasant experience than being hunched over the Ninjette....and it would probably be a good p.r. for Tiger at the same time.

From the pictures I remember seeing those closed toe sandals, at least in the States, are called "Crocs".....

I think the idea of knobbies is good for the Sachs also; perhaps Tiger has plans for standard sized wire wheels to spoon some on at a future point in time?

**edit**

kf6vci....how tall are you? Asking to get a frame of reference to know the actual seat height/overall height of the bike; I'm growing more interested in it the more I come back to this thread (just have to convince the wife I need a third bike).

Edited by dave_boo

Happy trails,

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

Other than that electrical problem that presented in the monsoon and then mysteriously cleared itself up. In actuality, if we were to do that run again, I'd definitely want to borrow your Boxer (assuming you've bought the X-Road by the time I return) because I think it would be a much more pleasant experience than being hunched over the Ninjette....and it would probably be a good p.r. for Tiger at the same time.

From the pictures I remember seeing those closed toe sandals, at least in the States, are called "Crocs".....

I think the idea of knobbies is good for the Sachs also; perhaps Tiger has plans for standard sized wire wheels to spoon some on at a future point in time?

**edit**

kf6vci....how tall are you? Asking to get a frame of reference to know the actual seat height/overall height of the bike; I'm growing more interested in it the more I come back to this thread (just have to convince the wife I need a third bike).

@Dave_boo

Dave , you are right the new modified(not stock) console and recently added Digital speedo on the Boxer did let water in during that monsoon but got some waterproofing later. But i can't borrow out my Boxer anymore as i sold it just before songkran :D in order to make space for the soon returning(from renovation) XV 750 and the X-road 250 (once available). And you know how crowded the parking at home can get with the wife's scooters:-) Probably some people maybe shocked over this but i had about 10 different bikes in the last 4 years so i do change a lot - w_horing around on different Bikes :D

Yep , "crocs" is the right word to the item i meant.

Well, let them release the x-road first and maybe they come up with the knobbies later...but it would be good if they did.

if i remember correctly "kf6vci" is about the same tall as myself - the x-road was set on factory tour at its lowest setting ( got something to do for thais being often not quite as tall) . I found that low setting alright, but for my personal feel i would go a step higher actually.

I think the X-road will be perfect for the chum to bong(spelling? ) roads and some of the nearby area allows for some light dirtplay too which i am sure the x-road will do good too.

@Hangdong

Thanks for your feedback and insights of your personal thoughts on the X-road , if you didn't like it thats ok. Your recommendation i take as your personal view on this but i am still going to buy it and am sure that i will enjoy my ride on it :) . Just hope it is available soon.

Happy trails,

Tiger Sachs Club - Mbox

@HangDongRider

Suspension is a very difficult part of motorcycle development. Just for the simple reason that not everybody has the same weight and size, therefore most motorcycle manufacturers select a sort fictive humanoid which would look very funny if it was an actual person.

With the prototype, concept, pre-production, whatever you want to call the Sachs X-Road you had the pleasure of riding at the Thai Tiger factory the suspension is likely setup to accommodate the Tiger test riders. And these Thai test riders are likely not to be anything like us (farangs) in weight and length.

If I look at the suspension setup of some of my Thai friends, I cannot understand that they things that its comfortable to ride like that. But then they believe my suspension setup is a danger on the road. The main differences between them and me... my weight is just below 100kg and they on average are 60 kg, also the body size is completely different.

A good example is the BMW G650 X-moto of my girlfriend, for her the suspension is perfectly setup, but for me – I probably get seasick if I need to ride it on a long trip...

Edited by Richard-BKK