White Fortuner

monsieurhappy

Firstly let me apologize if someone as already posted about this but I've been offline ( computer down ) for a week.

Today, whilst driving towards soi Siam CC from the Elephant village, alongside SP 5. I saw coming towards me a white Fortuner.

Nothing special about that you could say except on the roof was something that looked like a large white biscuit tin ( for want of a better description )

I thought it might be some kind of a/c unit until passing the Fortuner I saw in white letters on blue background the word "Police"

This looked like a properly made "dome" that probably is illuminated at night time, as opposed to somebody's idea of a "fake" police car.

Anyway, I thought some of you would appreciate being made aware of this in case one day you see a white Fortuner in your mirror and decide to give em a race!! :):D

Edited by monsieurhappy

Hi,

did the biscuit tin on the roof looked similar to these ones?

Mobile%20satellite%20TV%20antenna230.jpg

That is a mobile sat dish for people who likes to look TV or use satellite internet in a moving car.

I doubt that the BIB invest they hard :) earnings in such a luxury and useless item.

Yep, sattelite TV receiver, more and more of them appearing on vehicles lately, just another excuse for the locals to pay even less attention to their driving!!!! :D , and i thought the TV screens on the dashboard were bad enough on their own....now the opportunity to watch live Thai soaps......aaaargh !!!! :)

My story of the white Fortuner wasn't an April fools day joke!

The "dome" on the top looked nothing like your pic.

It had 4 windows, front, back and sides where the word "POLICE" was detailed in white letters on a blue glass background.

It certainly wasn't satellite TV!

No worry! I'm sure someone else will see this before long! :):D