Hull V London

Further to my previous posting regarding application for the elusive visa, the replies opened up a minor debate as to whether one should apply at the RTC in hull or the RTE in London. To those who replied - I bow to your previous experience and take your advice on board. Could you therefore please give me some sort of idea as to how long it will take to obtain said visa (Non-Imm'O')at Hull. Also, although it is said one can conduct matters by mail, do the forms have to be submitted initially in person, where they can check your documents there and then (and your wife)? Or is there no need to ever go to Hull?

Many thanks to those who take the trouble to reply to those of us with lesser experience.

I would just add to DPP's post the general point that if you send your passport anywhere...do it by a method that has to be signed for (registered, special delivery whatever.) I have had a couple of friends that have posted their passports which never turned up to the Emabssies.

:o Hi I agree with all the advice. The turnaround is next day provided all documentation is in order. One important reason for using Hull is that you can speak to someone as opposed to London which is the frustrating answer phone.