Extension Of Stay - Re Entry Passport Stamp Query

I am currently on my first one year extension (of a Non Immigrant O visa) based upon retirement, with permission to stay until Jan 2011. My 90 day report is due on April 26. I am visiting the UK on May 3 for just over 2 weeks, so I will get a re-entry permit when I do my 90 day report. When I return to Thailand, what will be stamped in my passport when I pass through immigration at BKK airport? Will it be another 90 day permission to stay, or will I get a stamp up to the end of my current extension? Or something else?

Thanks in advance.

You will be stamped in till Jan. 2011. Make sure you enter the number of your re-entry permit on your arrival card when you ome back and check the stamp if they did it right at immigration. Easier to fix a mistake on the spot.

Your 90 day reportting will start from day 1 the day you retrun to Thailand.

Hello,

I'm not an expert, so were I you I would check the following with Thai Immigration. When you applied for an extension, you filled out Form T.M. 8. From my knowledge and personal experience, if you leave the Kingdom before your next renewal, you should have a re-entry permit. This is obtained by filling out T.M. 9, requesting a single re-entry permit, or multiple re-entry permit., and paying the fee(s) for same. To the best of my knowledge, this re-entry permission is not obtained by registering your address every 90 days. I am afraid that without the re-entry permit, you may forfeit your one year extension when you leave the Kingdom. If so, you would have to begin a new process for a non-immigrant visa. Please check this before departing for U.K.

Tu

Hello,

I'm not an expert, so were I you I would check the following with Thai Immigration. When you applied for an extension, you filled out Form T.M. 8. From my knowledge and personal experience, if you leave the Kingdom before your next renewal, you should have a re-entry permit. This is obtained by filling out T.M. 9, requesting a single re-entry permit, or multiple re-entry permit., and paying the fee(s) for same. To the best of my knowledge, this re-entry permission is not obtained by registering your address every 90 days. I am afraid that without the re-entry permit, you may forfeit your one year extension when you leave the Kingdom. If so, you would have to begin a new process for a non-immigrant visa. Please check this before departing for U.K.

Tu

The OP stated: "I will get a re-entry permit when I do my 90 day report"

Hello,

Tu

A re-entry permit can be obtained at any time. The Op plans to obtain it and do 90 day reporting at same time.