Oil And Air Filter Change For Motorbike

Hi all,

I have an original model Yamaha Fino (I think it is a 2006 model) and the engine is running very hot when I ride it, even for about 10 minutes. It has about 32,000Km on the clock.

I am wondering if anyone has any ideas why this is? I am thinking it probably needs a new air filter and oil change as this hasn't been done in a while, is this likely to fix the overheating issue or do I need to look into anything else?

I am living in Bangkok and will probably take it to any of the small bike shops around Phra Kanong, anyone any idea how much an oil and air filter change will cost?

Many thanks

Seb

Seb,

There is a Yamaha Shop on Rama IV about 1km from Phrakanong or there is a motorbike repair shop right under the BTS on the Rama IV side.

I don't know if the Fino is like a Wave where there is no filter just a mesh screen. One or two litres of oil is cheap.

Many years agio I was ridding around Thailand (Yamaha GTO), I once took it to a Yamaha repair shop and was surprised to find out it did not cost more than the round the corner small repair shop.

Cost was the same and I had a sort of warranty and genuine parts...

When you take your motorbike to a small shop, you better know them, some work well, but some can be pretty lame and do more harsh than good.