Recommendations For Where To Stay At Cha Am Beach

elektrified

Thinking of taking the family to Cha Am/Hua Hin in the next 2-3 weeks. Any recommendations on where to stay and what the price range is? Am open to Hua Hin as well but have heard that there are better bargains in Cha Am. Close to the beach or on the beach would be nice.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

As the schools will be back it will be easy to find somewhere when you get there. Fan rooms start at 200 baht but with a family would assume you want something a little better. Hotels all along the beach and Sois leading off approx 400-600 with air etc a night. If you want a pool try Long beach at the North end of the beach, sometimes they do offers around 1,200 a night with breakfast. Sandara directly on the beach has just opened after refurb but not sure what the prices are. Just be careful, some hotels say they are Cha am but are miles out at bang Kwai or further and it is like a ghost town there at the moment.

Noticed an advert yesterday Cha Am Beach front 'Hotel California' 500baht per room sea view.... Google it

This hotel is up a soi 100 meters so not sure how they can call it Beach front and get a sea view but it is central and the rooms are reasonable value

I was in Cha-am for a couple of weeks in March, and stayed at the Golden Guest House. It is located on Soi Bus Station, about 20 yards from the beach road.

The rooms are spotless, and the facilities very nice. I paid Baht 700 per night for a large, air conditioned room with a balcony overlooking the beach.

I have no connection with the ownership or management of Golden Guest House.

I went to see a place this morning called Beach Terrace Cha-am, looked very nice and the rate is 1000 baht I believe. I have not lived there and does not plan to as my own apartment is in this area anyway, I just went to see it because I had heard good rumors about the place and might add it to my list of places to recommend for friends and family. Located literally on the beach and rooms looked very nice with aircondition, cable tv, fridge and a very large bed :)

It's just south of Cha-am next to Courtyard Marriot. I have contact info if you want it, but not going to "plug" it here, so PM me if you want it.

I went to see a place this morning called Beach Terrace Cha-am, looked very nice and the rate is 1000 baht I believe. I have not lived there and does not plan to as my own apartment is in this area anyway, I just went to see it because I had heard good rumors about the place and might add it to my list of places to recommend for friends and family. Located literally on the beach and rooms looked very nice with aircondition, cable tv, fridge and a very large bed :)

It's just south of Cha-am next to Courtyard Marriot. I have contact info if you want it, but not going to "plug" it here, so PM me if you want it.

Although classed as Cha am, this is actually bang Kwai, about 10kms out of Cha am. A few bars and restaurants that are generally 20% more and lessser quality than Cha am and a slim beach. Has a busy short window of 3 months a year Dec-Feb and then you can almost see the tumbleweed blowing down the street as it really is a ghost town. Golden Guest house is really good and literally 20 seconds from the beach although the bus station is the hookers area so with a family may not be ideal