Ducati's Offerings This Month.

I was aware of the Hypermotard 796 lease option Ducati Thailand was offering as they introduced that deal at the new Phuket showroom party during bike week. But what I didn't know is they are offering something similar for the Monster 696+ (Non-ABS)

scan0011.jpg

So what I am told by Moot the Manager at Ducati Phuket is that you can have a new 2010 Monster 696 for 69,900 down and 8,640 a month for 2 years, with an option to pay a balloon payment after the two years, or refinance. Same deal for the Hypomotard 796 at 79,600 down and 8,880 per month. Unfortunately this doesn't cover the insurance which is around 25,000 baht for these bikes.

But the thing he said that caught my attention was that he mentioned the possibility of them doing something similar with the 848 eventually. Hmmmm.....

scan0012.jpg

hi - a motard woudl be ideal for me since I've moved to the countryside, miles of hard red clay-type roads, similar to parts of Aust.

See they offer several models with/without ABS. Just my thoughts, but I can't understand why someone would buy a bike without . . . ?

Ah- those finance terms help explain why so many of the ER6n / 650R friends are trading their Kwackers for Hypermotards. (Funny thing is though, that after riding the hypermotards for a while, many of them are regretting selling their Kwackers as the Hypermotards are really quite terrible for any sort of distance riding with their small tanks and 'challenging' ergonomics.

Joe- watch out for those "Balloon Payments"- sounds great at the beginning but when that balloon comes due you might find yourself in a tough spot- after all, that's what sunk the US housing market... The 848 is a SWEET bike, but it's obscenely overpriced here in the Land of Smile... You already noticed the cost of insurance and don't forget that Ducati parts and service aren't cheap either.

If you've got money to burn get yourself an 848, but if you're on a budget or cost conscious you can't beat the 650R. (Or think of it like this- for the price of an 848 you could have yourself a 650R, KLX250 and D-Tracker with plenty left over.)

Ride On!

Tony

Ah- those finance terms help explain why so many of the ER6n / 650R friends are trading their Kwackers for Hypermotards. (Funny thing is though, that after riding the hypermotards for a while, many of them are regretting selling their Kwackers as the Hypermotards are really quite terrible for any sort of distance riding with their small tanks and 'challenging' ergonomics.

Joe- watch out for those "Balloon Payments"- sounds great at the beginning but when that balloon comes due you might find yourself in a tough spot- after all, that's what sunk the US housing market... The 848 is a SWEET bike, but it's obscenely overpriced here in the Land of Smile... You already noticed the cost of insurance and don't forget that Ducati parts and service aren't cheap either.

If you've got money to burn get yourself an 848, but if you're on a budget or cost conscious you can't beat the 650R. (Or think of it like this- for the price of an 848 you could have yourself a 650R, KLX250 and D-Tracker with plenty left over.)

Ride On!

Tony

Tony. When you say trade in. Do you mean Ducasti are taking the bikes in trade OR your friends are selling privatley then getting the Dukes. Allan

well fuc_k me back wards. I thought maybe some one might have done a good marketing thing. It would do Ducati kudos IF they did. Showing that they are no1 and kawasaki riders want to ride them (DUCATI THAT IS). Doh just like in bike shops in the real world that take part-ex's. EVEN THOUGH THEY SELL 1 BRAND IT DOESNT STOP THEM TAKING PART-EXS. dOES IT!

rUSTIC. YA SMART ARSE

If your not budgeting on making the balloon payment and simply giving it back, it becomes a cheapish way to have a new Duci.. 80 down and about 100 per year.

Wonder what Ducati will do with all those used bikes if the oweners walk away when the balloon payment comes due?

If your not budgeting on making the balloon payment and simply giving it back, it becomes a cheapish way to have a new Duci.. 80 down and about 100 per year.

Wonder what Ducati will do with all those used bikes if the oweners walk away when the balloon payment comes due?

They will probably put them outside on the foreourt so Rustic can look at them when he rides past :)

EVEN THOUGH THEY SELL 1 BRAND IT DOESNT STOP THEM TAKING PART-EXS. dOES IT!

rUSTIC. YA SMART ARSE

Allen, Allen, Allen (sigh). No need to shout, dear boy. Or did your fat little fingers accidently engage the Caps Lock?   :D

Okay, I'll say it slowly for you. It's an official Ducati dealership.

If Ducatisti doesn't even accept other Ducatis that weren't bought from them as part-ex, they're hardly likely to take cheap-ass, made-by-Somchai Kwakers now, are they? And it's more than likely breaching the terms of their dealership.

You think the guys from Bologna will be pleased to see a bunch of ER6n/f's on their next visit to Thonglor? 

:)

Edited by RusticCharm

EVEN THOUGH THEY SELL 1 BRAND IT DOESNT STOP THEM TAKING PART-EXS. dOES IT!

rUSTIC. YA SMART ARSE

Allen, Allen, Allen (sigh). No need to shout, dear boy. Or did your fat little fingers accidently engage the Caps Lock? :D

Okay, I'll say it slowly for you. It's an official Ducati dealership.

If Ducatisti doesn't even accept other Ducatis that weren't bought from them as part-ex, they're hardly likely to take cheap-ass, made-by-Somchai Kwakers now, are they? And it's more than likely breaching the terms of their dealership.

You think the guys from Bologna will be pleased to see a bunch of ER6n/f's on their next visit to Thonglor?

:)

blah blah blah.

See they offer several models with/without ABS. Just my thoughts, but I can't understand why someone would buy a bike without . . . ?

Save 50k baht? Just a thought... :)

It's clever marketing, that's all. Do I have 600,000 baht to burn? No. Do I have 70,000 + 8000 / month. Yeah, definitely. So this makes the deal look much better, even though it's the exact same deal.

It will be the same as the US housing market if I can re-finance mid-term and get 2 new cars out of it - doubt Ducati will offer that.. :D

The trade-in concept seems alien to Thai, anybody try to trade-in a small bike. If you lucky you get about the scrap metal price (maybe a bit more).

Dunno about small bikes- probably more hassle than it's worth. As for big bikes- Yamaha, BMW and Kawasaki all take trade-ins... I think Triumph does too. HD? And if I understand correctly Ducati does as well on bikes purchased from them...

Hi Rustic. My fat little fingers again :)

Check this website out http://www.seastarsuperbikes.co.uk/ducatiprices07.html

or this one http://www.metrop.co.uk/new-bikes/2010/ducati/848-dark/

In the real world Ducati's are motorcycles not posing pouches and are sold at dealers that buy and sell different brands.. Oh the shame of it a Ducati and a scooter in the same showroom. Or in fact a Ducati and a somchai Kawasaki in the same showroom.

jeeez get over your self.

You have fun with your overpriced, over here bike and we will have fun with our reasonable priced bikes ok. Or in my case a cheap charlie rust heap (but at least its mine, not the finance companies) :D:D

Well, I already know how much Ducs are in the real world and admittedly it doesn't make for pleasant reading but as we all know, this isn't the real world, This Is Thailand! If you want to play, you've got to pay.

And as I've done well over 20,000 klm in 1.5 years on the 848, it's hardly a 'posing pouch' as you so eloquently put it. Anyway, like yourself, I'm too fat to pose on my bike as Big Tony will gleefully tell you.

See that huge smile on my face as I start up the 848 every morning. I'm too busy having a blast to care what a few Duc-haters think.

So back on thread. You think any of the local big bike dealers will or should take other brands in as part-ex? Say, Triumph on Rama IX taking a CB 400 as part-ex for a new Daytona. I'd be gob-smacked if they did.

Now I know you and others here love to hate on Ducati and the threads always come down to the well-worn and rather tedious discussions on pricing ("For the price of an 848 you could have yourself ... :) ) but these bikes are not churned out in the hundreds of thousands like Jap bikes. It's not a question of snobbery as you like to imagine. Just 'real world' economics, especially with brands like Ducati or Triumph. And before you say I'm having a go at Jap bikes, would I like a CBR600RR or a Gixxer 750? hel_l yeah! But at this moment in life, I can afford (not finance :D ) a Duc.

I'm sorry you only have a rust-heap but one day, yes, maybe one day, if you work really hard, you could have yourself a nice bike.

Or maybe an ER6n. :D

Rustic. good on you. I dont hate Ducati's. Personally i would not buy one. But they ceratainly are nice bikes. My preference here here in LOS is to get smiles for a decent price. You love your bike and i appreciate that. Have a good one.

Ps my Suzuki vx800 aint really a rust bucket. just olddddddd. But like your bike there aint many in Thailand thats for sure.

As for part-ex's. Yes the big dealers will have to take them as the big bike market matures. That will be a fair few years though.

Rustic. good on you. I dont hate Ducati's. Personally i would not buy one. But they ceratainly are nice bikes. My preference here here in LOS is to get smiles for a decent price. You love your bike and i appreciate that. Have a good one.

Ps my Suzuki vx800 aint really a rust bucket. just olddddddd. But like your bike there aint many in Thailand thats for sure.

As for part-ex's. Yes the big dealers will have to take them as the big bike market matures. That will be a fair few years though.

well, if we ever meet up on the road, I'll buy you a beer as a peace offering.

I don't see the 1198R corse - cardboard cut out price listed anywhere.

Does anyone know if they are doing leases on those, if so, how much and where do I sign :)

It's on the price sheet in my OP never. 2,890,000 baht. No, I haven't heard they are planing to lease that one.

Does anyone know if they are doing leases on those, if so, how much and where do I sign :D

It's on the price sheet in my OP never. 2,890,000 baht. No, I haven't heard they are planing to lease that one.

Never is an even bigger cheap charlie than me. He just wants to lease the full size cardboard cut out :D:)

Have Ducati Phuket got any test bikes yet? Obviously a far better place to test ride an 848 or Hypermotard than around Thonglor as those seeping curves around Phang-Nga are excellent. If you're coming from inline 4's, they may not be you're cup of tea. Ducs have lots of low-end torque, handling and those with Termis or Arrows have that amazing sound but the higher revving inline 4's easily have the top speed.

Edited by RusticCharm

Does anyone know if they are doing leases on those, if so, how much and where do I sign :D

Never is an even bigger cheap charlie than me. He just wants to lease the full size cardboard cut out :D:)

You've got me all wrong Al, I just want a cardboard cut out 1198R Corse to park next to my cardboard cut out desmo :D:D - tony knows what im on about

Ah ok...I didn't get it.

IIRC the cardboard cutout 1198R course did have some attractive financing terms.