Briton In Red Shirt Demonstration Regrets Video Arson Gibe

george

What a IDIOT , typical english houligan , past colonial behaving, arrogance and stupidity put him in thai jail for a long time ,then send him back to that his bankrup country .

IDIOT agree 100%

English, where did you get that from?

• Replies 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a Muppet who embarresses other farangs that have to live & work here! He deserves to be made responsible for what he's done & for putting others of us at risk too. He must learn to take responsibility for his actions, like the rest of us have to. Grow up yobbo and get a brain! :)

He said he was going to commit a crime, so it might be a public order offence without evidence of the 'intended' crime being committed.

My view is that he added discredit to the red cause.

I think a crime is a crime whether in another country or at home.

I think some might like him to be jailed for having tattoos and living in Pattaya?

Indeed if a threat to commit crime is witnessed, any prosecution for that threat is secure. This is based on personal experience here several years ago when a local with road rage threatened to kill me. He was banged up for it.

So Jeff better slip away to Cambodia son because you are EXACTLY what Thailand is seeking right now as it enters the face-saving, finger-pointing, it must have been 'foreign influences' mode of self-denial. You could be the quick fix they are looking for as to why it all went pear-shaped after the red leaders ran away. After all, regardless of which way you skin this cat, Thai ruk Thai.

I really would like to know that the real legal implications are for this person. He, on a video, admitted to a crime and also advocated that others (possibly including himself) should burn down the mall. He also said that they would steal everything from there. This was NOT sarcastic. During this time, it was actually like yelling "fire" in a crowded theater. Most are decrying him as "stupid" and an "embarrassment." However, he has admitted to criminal as well as was calling for criminal activity during a time that the Thai government had called such actions "treasonous." I wonder what the consequences will really be for him. I believe that he may be in worse trouble than he thought . . . it's on tape!

I am saddened by what has happened and, of course, this person saddens me yet more! I do hope that, legally, he will be prosecuted along with other Red Shirts who have committed the same crime(s). It seems the "just" as well as "right" thing to do.

“I hold my hands up — it was me, and I’m ashamed that I lost my temper,” he told The Times by telephone from his home in the Thai resort town of Pattaya. “I was tired and emotional and full of steroids. I said we’re going to burn down Central — I was being sarcastic.”

The ol' diminished capacity defense, combined with the snaky "ha ha, only joking."

If he had even a little bit of brain left after living the expat piss-head lifestyle for however long he'd be in another country by yesterday.

That's none of your business. Who made you one of God's policemen?

Idiot. He should try to do this in London after his jail term in Thailand!

Must be the old colonial thinking in his genes which made him believe that he has the right to join a political rally here and cause damage to public and private property.

I hope there is no double standard in his case.

Old colonial? Was that what the British Empire was built on? Hardly.

"Class war" my arse. Just another gobby yob... there's at least one in every pub in England Pattaya.

PS. Jeff, do you have a WP?

"I hold my hands up — it was me, and I'm ashamed that I lost my temper," he told The Times by telephone from his home in the Thai resort town of Pattaya. "I was tired and emotional and full of steroids. I said we're going to burn down Central — I was being sarcastic."

A Brit, tattoos, steroids, empty threats, throws tantrums, home in Sisaket and lives in Pattaya. I get the picture.

Throw him in jail for being extremely stupid, then put him on a plane with a "do not return stamp" on his passport. Ignorance is no excuse for a Brit to become involved in Thai Politics.

My wife (Who is Thai) commented on various websites on the recent General election in the UK. By your (mad) reasoning I should call for her to be thrown in jail for being extremely stupid. After all ignorance is no excuse for a Thai to become involved in British politics.

You're misreading the posts on here; no-one is saying you can't comment on the Political situation; but getting involved and joining in riots and protests is another thing altogether.

I think you sound as if we should just completely ignore what this person did and just let it be. Understandable if it was 4 weeks after the event; but he deserves all the abuse he gets.

But he's not even reading this. He's not getitng any abuse. You are all just spouting off hate filled 'and quite bizarre' comments. You all sound like a lynch mob far worse than anything in Bangkok. What ever happened to remaining level headed and civilized. It's just an idiot who was obviously missing some purpose in his life. And for the record there are at least 12 comments on this post alone saying that foreigners shouldnt get involved in Thai politics.

The fact that you are all dictating what the Thai judiciary should do when you are all foreigners is amusing to say the least though. Almost makes up for the embarrasing comments people are writing. I would be far more ashamed of Thai people reading these comments than of one man's actions.

This guy obviously wins the gold, but in fact there have been a steady stream of euro and commonwealth nutters taking the red side, wearing red paraphanalia, cheering at RatchaP, even talking on stage.

Shining examples all of the demented mentality of the left wing european, completely ignorant that his sordid theft centric ideology is unwelcome outside the moral hel_l hole of Europe.

What a IDIOT , typical english houligan , past colonial behaving, arrogance and stupidity put him in thai jail for a long time ,then send him back to that his bankrup country .

IDIOT agree 100%

English, where did you get that from?

mmm just seen the video, does sound rather English sorry!

Every time I hear about a Farang red shirt supporter I automatically think of some nutjob that listens to his 9th grade educated Isaan wife/girlfriend too much. No rational person would support these terrorists.

They need to follow through on their promise to revoke WP's and give jail time to any foreigners involved in the rally.

"I hold my hands up — it was me, and I'm ashamed that I lost my temper," he told The Times by telephone from his home in the Thai resort town of Pattaya. "I was tired and emotional and full of steroids. I said we're going to burn down Central — I was being sarcastic."

A Brit, tattoos, steroids, empty threats, throws tantrums, home in Sisaket and lives in Pattaya. I get the picture.

What about that Ozzie who was often on the red stage earlier on?

His remarks and dress were inflammatory, The burning of Central was/s an act of terrorism. He should be charged as a terrorist and given no less that 15 years - 10 which to serve in a Thai prison before being transferred to an English prison to serve the remaining 5 years incarcerated as a terrorist.

Strangely enough, this sad character offers a different viewpoint on the terrorist's perception of the demonstration and their cause. Since this character is obviously serious about looting and stealing, why wouldn't that be the case for all the others..?

The one thing that struck my mind when I saw the first pictures of young Thai men on the barricades was that they were enjoying it - they were all looking like ten year old boys playing with fire crackers having the time of their life, laughing and cheering when they could shoot homemade rockets at live targets, bash up pay phones and smash windows. The Bangkok riots show EVERY attribute found in football hooliganism – people enjoying the violence. This was all a display of mass psychology at its best, showing its ugliest face.

I promised myself to avoid getting politically involved by commenting on the decision to allow these protestors to continue their immature game, but given that this was allowed to build up for two months I wasn't surprised when the game of playing with firecrackers and slingshots turned in to what is now a nationwide disaster.

As for this poor character (and all the others, for that matter) who made the unfortunate decision to abandon democratic principles in favor of terrorism and looting, I pity you. Honestly, I do.

As for this poor character (and all the others, for that matter) who made the unfortunate decision to abandon democratic principles in favor of terrorism and looting: If you have ANY pride left, just pack your bag and leave the country. And don't forget to apologize. Apologize to every citizen of the Kingdom of Thailand, apologize to your fellow countrymen who will now have to live with the embarrassment of your actions for many years to come. Wai as high as you have ever wai'ed before. Finally, I suggest you start thinking about how to make amends, financially and spiritually.

You have a lot of work ahead of you, and I don't envy you.

Edited by Forethat

canuckamuck' date='2010-05-21 10:37:35' post='3627106']

This is a blow to all westerners regardless of their opinions. There will be a long memory of what he has said and done. Imagine if a Thai had been observed in these same circumstances saying the same things in a western country. it would forever color the way the citizens would view Thais in their country.

But then again it really is true that there are foreigners here who have these opinions and behave this way. Thailand is a great magnet for the worlds outcasts and malcontents. It gives us all more reason to work against the image by being productive and helpful to the nation and it's people.

Never watch western TV ??? This type of behaviour is enacted by crowds of alians in both Canada and UK by people who regard themselves as rightfull citizens , weilding posters proclaming the same type of behaviour , they are given the right to protest . what is the difference with this man giving lip service ? I do not approve of these kinds of protest , but hey , nobody talks , nothing gets done .

This guy obviously wins the gold, but in fact there have been a steady stream of euro and commonwealth nutters taking the red side, wearing red paraphanalia, cheering at RatchaP, even talking on stage.

Shining examples all of the demented mentality of the left wing european, completely ignorant that his sordid theft centric ideology is unwelcome outside the moral hel_l hole of Europe.

Commonwealthers like Ozzies are not European! Even Americans cannot claim they are European or even commonwealthers - they can only claim that almost all their culture and origins are European - so get over it!

Edited by Token

And what happens now to the Brit?

He will drink some of the expensive Tea they serve at the Police Station, then he gets a bit beaten up so nobody can recognise his face. Should keep him safe for some time. :)

Edited by CHdiver

But he's not even reading this. He's not getitng any abuse. You are all just spouting off hate filled 'and quite bizarre' comments. You all sound like a lynch mob far worse than anything in Bangkok. What ever happened to remaining level headed and civilized. It's just an idiot who was obviously missing some purpose in his life. And for the record there are at least 12 comments on this post alone saying that foreigners shouldnt get involved in Thai politics.

The fact that you are all dictating what the Thai judiciary should do when you are all foreigners is amusing to say the least though. Almost makes up for the embarrasing comments people are writing. I would be far more ashamed of Thai people reading these comments than of one man's actions.

Well seeing as he wanted to be filmed, it could well be he reads all this. And manybe at least one person he knows will read this and let him know what people are saying about him. I still don't get your reasoning; if someone does something bad, of course people will comment; when Gordon Brown slipped up with the Bigot comment, forums all over the UK were in full swing; did Brown read it? No because people wanted to discuss it. That's what a Forum is for.

This person has EMBARRASSED us farang and put us in a bad light; so yes, of course people are going to be annoyed on this forum. What did you expect? If people are not outraged, he will think he is some sort of 'legend' back home or with his mates. The lynching thing is over the top, yes I agree; but everyone here has every right to show their disgust at this man. Why have a Forum otherwise?

Re your last comments, bar the odd one; I think most Thais will be happy that we condemn this man and his actions.

"I was being sarcastic" Doesnt sound like sarcasm to me.

Steroids, Pattaya, tantrums....yeah that all fits. Does Pattaya advertise specificaly for this kind? He probably has a big car too....maybe a yellow hummer... to make up for his tiny....... (you complete the sentence).

As a farang its really hard to live a normal life here without being embarrassed by the actions of a few idiots.

Go back to London and throw sticks around there please, see how long you last. Or maybe you cant go back because you have already prooved your worth there, spearchucker!

He's not from London, he's from Kent

Unless he is guilty of criminal acts, let it go.

Personally I have no problem with farangs being politically involved.

Under British law

A threat of violence against another person is deamed to be assult

The British government should arrest this man and send he back to Britian to face charges

Its people like this weed that will get all Farang a bad name in Thailand

already I am hearing Thais talk of why this is all Farang fault

Do not support this jerk, as a vote for his innocense is anoth knife in the back of good farang

Lets Thai people know we do not condone his behaviour and he must be punished same as Thai man

The last thing I want is a new wave of

Double Standards one for Thai man one for Farang

TV members you know have a chance to prove to Thai people we want a better Thailand

get rid of Scum

Did he threaten another person?

I thought his stated intention was to loot the place and join in burning it down.

A threat to commit an act they could cause serious bodily harm to another person is a crime

A threat to commit an act to create destruction to property is a crime

He is lucky no one died because of the fire

He could then be charge with Negligent Homicide

You amaze me you want to stick up for this scum

Actually 2 people died at Central World. So, if he was involved, it's manslaughter, not just arson.

I think living under military rule is going to some people's heads. The idiot threw a stick on the ground and shouted some nonsense to a bemused American. There's no evidence he committed any crime or incited anyone to do likewise.
Not sure about Thai law, but theres a couple of offences there IF done in the UK,

I saw the video. I was involved with legal profession in past. From all the information that is available, this man is in for deep trouble. He could very well be charged for acts of treason, if Thai authorities wish so. The video itself is strong enough evidence as he clearly speaks in definitive terms of 'looting' and 'setting to fire'.

Steroids???? I thought steroids stimulated your physical body and not brain. It takes some sort of hallucinater or mind altering drug to look so happy, confident and careless in behavior.

Bottom line, stupidity is not an excuse in legal battle. Indeed this mas has brought shame to all the foreigners living in Thailand. Besides that, even in your own country, the intent of arson and looting for political differences is not acceptable how in the world he thought of it to be all right here in Thailand. Or maybe he is just a petty criminal himself. Thought of getting some loot and getting a bit of extra cash??

Whatever, I wish he does get prison sentence. Not in Klong Prem though. For some reasons I have seen Klong Prem facilities, they would be walk in the park for this idiot. Send him to 'Thai' prison.

Whatever ... just get him behind some confinement. He should not be let loose in the public.

But it was him in the other photo on the BTS stairs too so how does he explain that?

He should be punished just like others but he knew that if he took part what the consequences would be for foreigners and should expect nothing less that what was stated prior to the demonstrations.

As for the Thai leaders. This happened this time because they weren't tough enough last time. If they do nothing it won't be the end of future violence. This will have been seen as a test of the government. One whereby they learn each time how the government is likely to respond to any given situation and simply adapt and improve their tactics next time. It's high time that those involved in this have to be made an example of to discourage others from taking part in future violent destructive demonstrations.

If they do nothing now they deserve everything in the future.

I saw so many comments -generalising the Britons-blaming their colonial past -for his heinous crime in a foreign country--

I am not a Briton- but will u generalise for all the Thais for arsoning and looting and supporting that montenegran mafia thug ???????

No -right ? for this its only him to be blamed !

this guy must be getting a daily allowance from ______!!! Enough for him for a day! And the free ,fake,cheap popularism

like his master sitting in Dubai !

Must sentence him for rigorous unconditional jail term just like British old rulers used to torture the local freedom fighters allover the world !

Commonwealthers like Ozzies are not European! Even Americans cannot claim they are European or even commonwealthers - they can only claim that almost all their culture and origins are European - so get over it!

Do you understand english?

I wrote "euro AND commonwealth", OBVIOUSLY implying they are not the same thing.

if only the left were educated...then they wouldnt be leftists.