Ko Samui Bike Week June 11-13, 2010

I hear there's a bike week / rally on Ko Samui the weekend of June 11-13th.

Don't know any details but quite interested to check it out.

I know some guys are going from Phuket and at least a few of us will ride down from Bangkok.

Anyone else going?

Ride On!

Tony

SSRLogo.jpg

Hi Tony,

so far, from our side (Phuket), 8 people/riders confirmed their participation.

5 Kwakerzakis, 2 Hondas and 1 Harley. We are leaving Phuket at 6am Friday, June 11th. Return to Phuket is scheduled for June 13th sometime late afternoon. If there is anyone else from Phuket who wants to join us please PM me or post here.

More details about event can be found HERE .

See you there!

gr1.png

Edited by CroBiker

Clicked on the link.

Couldnae read it. That Ghostrider logo permanently on top of everything very distracting.

Who are the Ghost Riders? What the story behind the name?

The link worked for me on FF v.3.6.3 and IE v7.0.6. What browser are you using? Is the logo showing up on top of text and images, or is it just difficult to read because of the similar colors? We might need to change that.

Ghostriders is a new riding club in Phuket myself and Crobiker have started for primarily sport, sport touring, and naked sport bikers, since their previously was no sport bike club here in chopper country Phuket, although anyone is welcome. It is informal, but we do have T-shirts, stickers, patches, and, as you can see, a forum. It's really just a way for people to network to find riding partners, share route info, socialize etc etc. There is no dues, president, officers or anything like that. When Crobiker saw I was looking for riding buddies last MototGP, we met up and collaborated to start the club, although it's mostly his doing. At the time I was talking to the Secret Soi Riders guys about starting a chapter here, but since Crobiker was gung ho and already had all this Ghostrider swag made up, we went with that.

As for history...It's on the forum Crobiker created, but briefly, he started a Ghostriders in Malaysia when he lived there some years ago, so the name has been around for a while. I am told that originally the name was partially motivated by the famous Swedish Ghostrider, but I'll just say that's not what we are about. Most of us, like me, are fairly novice/intermediate riders and safety is a priority in our riding. BTW you get a free T-shirt, patches and stickers when you join! :)

The blast to Krabi on a rented CBR600RR yesterday got me really excited about the trip to Samui. Be nice to link up with the SSR boys so we can make a sport bike presence. Looking forward to it. Even more so now that the ring road in Samui is tarmacked and not slabs of bumpy concrete.

gr1.png

Edited by ScubaBuddha

Couldnae read it. That Ghostrider logo permanently on top of everything very distracting.

I agree, been thinking of removing that background pic, bit over the top and distracting. Will take care of it asap. Btw, link edited, points now to Samui Bike Week site.

Thanks for your input Travelmate.

Now, ontopic_smilie.gifrace2_smilie.gif

Edited by CroBiker

shirt.jpg

http://www.samuibikeweek.com/

11 June 2010

17:00 Welcome party, be entertained by our music

12 June 2010

10:00 Meet at Chaweng Lake, road parade join the campaign of “ Safe riding with helmet and headlight”

Leave Chaweng and ride towards Nathon and enjoy the ride around the Island

12:00 Go to Baan Phangka, release threatened fish spices and plants at the mangrove trees.

15:00 Move on to 2nd Samui Bikeweek Party at Chaweng Lake

16:00 Opening time to register, drinks will be served. Be entertained by live music and shows

20:00 Chairmen gives a speech to open 2nd Samui Bikeweek party.

Biker Representative exchange their souvenirs, enjoy show at your own leisure

24:00 End of Party

The blast to Krabi on a rented CBR600RR yesterday got me really excited about the trip to Samui. Be nice to link up with the SSR boys so we can make a sport bike presence. Looking forward to it. Even more so now that the ring road in Samui is tarmacked and not slabs of bumpy concrete.

gr1.png

Look forward to catching up with you in Samui ScoobieNinja! I'm flying back to Bangkok tomorrow and am bringing your Arrow and Sport Bars with me. Do you know what bike you'll ride to Samui?

Ride On!

Tony

SSRLogo.jpg

Clicked on the link.

The link worked for me on FF v.3.6.3 and IE v7.0.6. What browser are you using? Is the logo showing up on top of text and images, or is it just difficult to read because of the similar colors? We might need to change that.

I like the idea of a group.. But I too found the site painful to read, so much so I looked at it and just clicked away, even while being your ideal target market (bike rider on Phuket).. Partly its the color choice.. But the worst offender is that logo that stays static behind the text.. Made my head hurt..

Just my 2c.. I will go back and look at it as I probably will like the info, just not the site.

Just my 2c.. I will go back and look at it as I probably will like the info, just not the site.

:D this really hurts considering you're my fav keyboard hero and the fact that we built that site especially for you to approve.

We'll miss your highness and possibly 10,000+ posts, but hey....such is life. :)

Clicked on the link.

I like the idea of a group.. But I too found the site painful to read, so much so I looked at it and just clicked away, even while being your ideal target market (bike rider on Phuket).. Partly its the color choice.. But the worst offender is that logo that stays static behind the text.. Made my head hurt..

The logo is gone now. It's easy to read. It was a 1st draft work in progress that Goran has but a hel_l a lot of time and effort into creating and populating the forum, if you look around you will see there is a lot of info there. Thanks for the feedback tho.

Edited by ScubaBuddha

:D this really hurts considering you're my fav keyboard hero and the fact that we built that site especially for you to approve.

We'll miss your highness and possibly 10,000+ posts, but hey....such is life. :)

Was just trying give helpful constructive criticism.. Not piss on anyones cornflakes.

If you feel the need to get bent out of shape about it, when others obviously felt the same.. Well your choice.. Wasnt intended maliciously.

Good luck with the site..

SamuiBikeWeek2010poster.jpg

Itinery :

11 June 2010

17:00 พิธีต้อนรับ ชมการแสดงบนเวที

Welcome party, be entertains from our music

12 June 2010

10:00 ชาวไบค์เกอร์ตั้งขบวนพร้อมกันที่ พรุเฉวง ร่วมรณรงค์ “ขับขี่ปลอดภัยเปิดไฟใส่หมวก” เคลื่อนขบวนออกจากเฉวง เดินทางไปหน้าทอน ท่องเที่ยวรอบเกาะ

Meet at Chaweng Lake, road parade join the champagne of “ Safe riding with helmet and headlight” leave Chaweng head to Na Thon and enjoy the ride trip around Island

12:00 ออกเดินทางไปร่วมทำกิจกรรมการกุศล ณ.หมู่บ้านพังกา ต.ตลิ่งงาม ร่วมปล่อยปลาหายาก และปลูกป่าชายเลน พักรับประทานอาหารกลางวัน

Go to Baan Phangka, release extinct fish and plants the mangrove tree

15:00 เคลื่อนขบวนเข้าสู่งานสมุยไบค์วีคครั้งที่ 2 ณ พรุเฉวง

Move on to Samui Bikeweek Party 2nd at Chaweng Lake

16:00 เปิดลงทะเบียนเข้างาน บริการเครื่องดื่ม ร่วมสนุกกับกิจกรรมกระชับความสัมพันธ์ ชมการแสดงบนเวที พักผ่อนตามอัธยาศัย

Opening time to register, drink will be served. Be entertain by live music and shows

20:00 พิธีเปิดงาน ตัวแทนกลุ่มไบค์เกอร์แลกของที่ระลึก รับชมการแสดงบนเวที

Chairmen give a speech to open Samui Bikeweek party 2nd Biker Representative exchange their souvenir, enjoy show as your own leisure

24:00 พิธีปิดงาน

End of Party

For more details see http://www.samuibikeweek.com

Good quick ride down on a pair of Ninja 650s blowing through speed traps at 160km/hr no problems. grin.gif

First went to the wrong ferry pier- oops. Reached the Donsak Ferry Pier just as the 2 o'clock ferry was casting off.

061110BikesOnFerry2Sm.jpg

Lots of bikes- mostly choppers and Honda Davidsons but all in all a friendly bunch.

I haven't been to Samui in 4 or 5 years. Didn't recognize the place - man it's been built up... Driving past the Tesco, Big C and Makro you can easily forget you're on an island. But on the plus side it's REALLY quiet here right now. I think there were perhaps 4 (FOUR) actual tourists on the ferry. Everyone else was Thai or expat. Lots of bike with Malaysian plates too.

061110NeeOnFerrySm.jpg

Party was just getting warmed up last night when just after 9pm the heavens opened up with thunder and lightening and heavy heavy rain...

Hopefully the weather will be more cooperative today!

Ride On!

Tony

061110TonyNeeOnFerrySm.jpg

Some snaps I took of the convoy going through Chaweng. I got ahead and then snapped away as everyone went past.

I was the guy on the black ninja parked up on the left hand side snapping away. Sorry about the bad framing it was tricky with my helmet on... :)

Due to work commitments I only made the drive around the island (and got a little wet) - I thoroughly enjoyed it! :D

Matt.

post-78406-019658300 1276418365_thumb.jp

post-78406-008138600 1276418373_thumb.jp

post-78406-030425800 1276418387_thumb.jp

post-78406-023264000 1276418394_thumb.jp

post-78406-069172000 1276418401_thumb.jp

post-78406-043535400 1276418409_thumb.jp

post-78406-062134900 1276418416_thumb.jp

post-78406-068767500 1276418424_thumb.jp

post-78406-083025000 1276418432_thumb.jp

post-78406-085323300 1276418442_thumb.jp

post-78406-096525000 1276418450_thumb.jp

post-78406-077220100 1276418459_thumb.jp

post-78406-000483700 1276418467_thumb.jp

post-78406-033694200 1276418474_thumb.jp

post-78406-081737800 1276418481_thumb.jp

Some snaps I took of the convoy going through Chaweng. I got ahead and then snapped away as everyone went past.

I was the guy on the black ninja parked up on the left hand side snapping away. Sorry about the bad framing it was tricky with my helmet on... :)

Due to work commitments I only made the drive around the island (and got a little wet) - I thoroughly enjoyed it! :D

Matt.

thanks for the pics ...look forward to seein some more from the event..................

Wow- Saturday was certainly the main event- more than double the number of bikes than the previous night.

Some pretty crazy "bikes"! What do you get when you cross a Toyota Celica and a BMW LT? Something like this:

061210Bike.jpg

061210Bikea.jpg

I was impressed by the number of sport bikes-

061210Bikeb.jpg

This stunning Buell caught my eye-

061210Bikec.jpg

LOTS of sweet bikes from Malaysia.

Will post up more pics soon!

Ride On!

Tony

Some more pictures from the Ko Samui Bike Week- taken on Saturday night:

061210Biked.jpg

Like all Thai Bike Weeks lots and lots of choppers- I remain very impressed with the skills of these guys who make such amazing bikes from scratch.

061210Bikee.jpg

Love that criss-cross exhaust:

061210Bikef.jpg

061210Bikeg.jpg

061210Bikeh.jpg

SPOOKY! icon_twisted.gif

061210Bikei.jpg

Check out that paint!

061210Bikej.jpg

More to come!

Ride On!

Tony