Goodbye Benzine 95 V Power

Well I guess this sad day had to come.

The Thai government cares a lot what the tree huggers think of them so let's burn corn rice & sugar through our vehicles.

Today I pull up to my local pump & grab the normal red handle pump - still says V Power on it. I am happily pumping along when I glance at the price 34 baht a liter - <deleted> !!! So I get to looking & sure enough they have pulled a switch on us with no warning.

I told them exactly what I thought of their new marketing sceme & that I wouldn't be shopping there any more.

I did notice my engine running strong but VERY VERY hot.

Said it before & I'll say it again - the only thing thet ethanol is good for is over ice in a highball glass.

Greenie Weenies Bite me.

I'd like to know which Chinese Thai has the contract to bring the ethanol in from Singapore. Filthy "fat cat" to quote a well known politician.

Hey Cro. I have a lovely picture for you. A sweet ZZR1400 - kwackers answer to the Hayabusa. This one was a Seacon. 59 Bike I think.

Lovely it is, thanks for that! I got one already but friend of mine is interested to buy. Any idea how much it goes for, green book etc?

I don't understand the drama? 91 Benzene and a cap full of octane booster and you're good to go. :)

Reminds me of all the bitching and moaning when leaded gasoline was phased out- some guys were acting like it was the end of the world. :D

Just a cap? How big is the size of your bottle cap Tony :D

Well, the Wynn's Octane Booster I used to use with my old CBR in Japan said "Add 3oz. of your booster to 10 gallons of gas." At the time that was about 1 capful to a tank of gas. Of course it can and will vary depending on the size of your tank and the brand of octane booster you use, but you can't really "overdose" on the stuff :)

Did you know you can make your own octane booster?

Here's what you'll need:

• An empty quart container
  • An empty half pint container(for ease of measuring)
  • A small funnel
  • 1 gallon acetone
  • 1 gallon xylene
  • 1 quart good quality synthetic 2-cycle oil.

The acetone, and xylene are both paint thinners, so you can find them in the paint section of your hardware store. Xylene is a component already added to gasoline for stability, and acetone cleans build up and breaks down the covalent bonds in petrol. The 2-cycle oil helps upper end lubrication of the engine, and stabilized burn a little also.

The mix ratio is 2:1:1 acetone/xylene/oil, respectively. For ease of mixing use the half pint container, plastic, cleaned out of original contents of course, and fill it with acetone pour with funnel into the quart container(oil bottles are perfect), do this twice. Now fill it once with xylene, pour into quart, and again with the 2-cycle synthetic oil. 1/2pint x 4 = Quart of homemade octane booster.

Ride On!

Tony

I don't understand the drama? 91 Benzene and a cap full of octane booster and you're good to go. :)

Reminds me of all the bitching and moaning when leaded gasoline was phased out- some guys were acting like it was the end of the world. :D

The problem still remains you can't get 91 non-gasahol in Phuket anymore (and certainly not 95 non-gasahol). 91 is reported at maybe 1 or 2 stations but it's spotty at best. Nearly 100% ethenol here now. Ghost Riders has a gas station owner in it's membership..so maybe we can get this sorted?

Edited by ScubaBuddha

The problem still remains you can't get 91 non-gasahol in Phuket anymore (and certainly not 95 non-gasahol). 91 is reported at maybe 1 or 2 stations but it's spotty at best. Nearly 100% ethenol here now. Ghost Riders has a gas station owner in it's membership..so maybe we can get this sorted?

You can't find 91 benzene in Phuket? Ah- that explains a lot then. Now I understand the alarm of the guys with older bikes and cars who don't want to subject them to gasohol. That's pretty strange you can't get 91 benzene in Phuket because AFAIK the PTT stations all over Thailand still sell 91 benzene. PTT in Phuket doesn't sell 91 benzene? What's up with that?! It's not just bikes- there are a lot of older vehicles that are not designed to run on gasohol- what are all the classic car owners in Phuket running their vehicles on now?

Hi

Esso close to Tesco have 91 Benzene

^Is tony making his own fuel again? :D

Naw- my bikes are all omnivores :D

TigerNinjaGixxerSm.jpg

Bit surprised there's no knocking or pinging running the Gixxer on 91 though. :D

Best bike there is the one on the far left. :D:D:) (fishing for the right response, not just any response)

Hi

91 Benzene is available on all gas stations in Phuket. 91 gasohol I havent seen yet, neither 91 or 95 E20 or E85. Only gasohol in Phuket seems to be 95 E10.

Unfortunately the Anuphas owned Shell stations in Phuket have stopped selling 95 benzene V-Power.

Without 91 benzene most motorbikes older than 6 years would stop this year

Ghost Riders has a gas station owner in it's membership..so maybe we can get this sorted?

He owns Shell at Thepkasattri Rd. His or any other gas station owner's word to Shell means nothing really, higher powers decide....

91 Benzene is available on all gas stations in Phuket. 91 gasohol I havent seen yet, neither 91 or 95 E20 or E85. Only gasohol in Phuket seems to be 95 E10.

Unfortunately the Anuphas owned Shell stations in Phuket have stopped selling 95 benzene V-Power.

Shell sells gasohol 91, not benzene 91. Next time you go there look closely at labels, small print says 91 gasohol.

Hi

Ok thanks.

Anyone have a recent complete list of stations selling non-gasahol gas in Phuket?

Ghost Riders has a gas station owner in it's membership..so maybe we can get this sorted?

He owns Shell at Thepkasattri Rd. His or any other gas station owner's word to Shell means nothing really, higher powers decide....

I didn't mean that we could him to get us non-gasohol gas, I meant he could tell us what is going on, and where, if possible, we can still get non-gasohol gas.

Hmm...That doesn't seem to reflect the reality on the ground here in Phuket though. For example, I'm pretty sure Caltex in Kathu isn't selling 95 non-gasahol. I'll have to check at Lemon Green, but I didn't think they were selling 91 non-gasohol either.

Caltex Kathu doesn't sell any 95, I checked. Same goes for Susco on the island, not sure what's the deal with them in other provinces.

Shell sells gasohol 91, not benzene 91. Next time you go there look closely at labels, small print says 91 gasohol.

Must admit I havent bought petrol at Shell for a while. My need for non gasohol 91 for mopeds is covered by my local Ptt in Kata, truck wants diesel, and kwaker Ninja likes 95 gasohol.

Od how Shell has changed. they used to boikot governments propaganda about harmless gasohol for vehicles buy introducing Vpower 91 and 95 petrol. 3 years later they keep VPower name but blend it with ethanol witout letting their customers know, just some tiny stickers on the pumps

Anyway, I still believe every Ptt pump in Phuket still sells 91 non gasohol.

I dont understand you saying this (you said it before in the Phuket forum).. All me vehicles need non gasohol.. I have never gone into a garage and them not had it unless they were waiting for the tanker.

All but shell garages I go into have 91 non gasohol. Nothing spotty about it.

Which ones dont ?? Shell and ??

Edited by LivinLOS

Hmm...That doesn't seem to reflect the reality on the ground here in Phuket though. For example, I'm pretty sure Caltex in Kathu isn't selling 95 non-gasahol. I'll have to check at Lemon Green, but I didn't think they were selling 91 non-gasohol either.

No but it has 91..

Put 91 non gasohol in Lemon green in Rawai a couple of days ago..

It occurs to me that on rare occasions when we re unable to bring high octane race fuel but pump gas with us to certain track back home we could go and purchase from the airport, especially a small airport that services more private planes such as Cessna's for example as they require higher octane but pump gas not jet fuel. Might be worth looking into purchasing from the fuel depot or wherever and maybe buying in a 55gl drum and using what you'd need and maybe selling the rest or cooping for the entire cost, might be worth a check...

The same thing applies to racing there has to be a source for higher octane race fuel available as they require more octane then street cars...