Goodbye Benzine 95 V Power

It occurs to me that on rare occasions when we re unable to bring high octane race fuel but pump gas with us to certain track back home we could go and purchase from the airport, especially a small airport that services more private planes such as Cessna's for example as they require higher octane but pump gas not jet fuel. Might be worth looking into purchasing from the fuel depot or wherever and maybe buying in a 55gl drum and using what you'd need and maybe selling the rest or cooping for the entire cost, might be worth a check...

The same thing applies to racing there has to be a source for higher octane race fuel available as they require more octane then street cars...

yepp, 101 ron on 200 l drums, but its leaded, so no cat.

Just a cap? How big is the size of your bottle cap Tony :D

Well, the Wynn's Octane Booster I used to use with my old CBR in Japan said "Add 3oz. of your booster to 10 gallons of gas." At the time that was about 1 capful to a tank of gas. Of course it can and will vary depending on the size of your tank and the brand of octane booster you use, but you can't really "overdose" on the stuff :)

Did you know you can make your own octane booster?

Here's what you'll need:

• An empty quart container
  • An empty half pint container(for ease of measuring)
  • A small funnel
  • 1 gallon acetone
  • 1 gallon xylene
  • 1 quart good quality synthetic 2-cycle oil.

The acetone, and xylene are both paint thinners, so you can find them in the paint section of your hardware store. Xylene is a component already added to gasoline for stability, and acetone cleans build up and breaks down the covalent bonds in petrol. The 2-cycle oil helps upper end lubrication of the engine, and stabilized burn a little also.

The mix ratio is 2:1:1 acetone/xylene/oil, respectively. For ease of mixing use the half pint container, plastic, cleaned out of original contents of course, and fill it with acetone pour with funnel into the quart container(oil bottles are perfect), do this twice. Now fill it once with xylene, pour into quart, and again with the 2-cycle synthetic oil. 1/2pint x 4 = Quart of homemade octane booster.

Ride On!

Tony

Is that shaken or stirred? :D

What is better for a modern Harley, 91 gasolene or 95 gasahol?

whatever the owner's manual says to use :)

it says i can use both (10% ethanol only), doesnt say which is better for it.

I don't understand the drama? 91 Benzene and a cap full of octane booster and you're good to go. :D

Reminds me of all the bitching and moaning when leaded gasoline was phased out- some guys were acting like it was the end of the world. :D

The problem still remains you can't get 91 non-gasahol in Phuket anymore (and certainly not 95 non-gasahol). 91 is reported at maybe 1 or 2 stations but it's spotty at best. Nearly 100% ethenol here now. Ghost Riders has a gas station owner in it's membership..so maybe we can get this sorted?

I dont understand you saying this (you said it before in the Phuket forum).. All me vehicles need non gasohol.. I have never gone into a garage and them not had it unless they were waiting for the tanker.

All but shell garages I go into have 91 non gasohol. Nothing spotty about it.

Which ones dont ?? Shell and ??

LivinLOS, the reason why this doesn't make sense to you is simple....it appears I was wrong. :)

My experience lately has been that where ever I went they couldn't give me 91 non-gasohol, so I just assumed. Maybe I had a communication issue with the pump attendant, and I think once they were just plain out of it at PTT when I went there a while back. I haven't been to Lemon Green in ages. I prefer 91 non-gasohol in everything because a full tank seems to go so much further on non-gasohol.

It occurs to me that on rare occasions when we re unable to bring high octane race fuel but pump gas with us to certain track back home we could go and purchase from the airport, especially a small airport that services more private planes such as Cessna's for example as they require higher octane but pump gas not jet fuel. Might be worth looking into purchasing from the fuel depot or wherever and maybe buying in a 55gl drum and using what you'd need and maybe selling the rest or cooping for the entire cost, might be worth a check...

The same thing applies to racing there has to be a source for higher octane race fuel available as they require more octane then street cars...

Well, perfect for bikes though eh?? Actually my cat is junk as most are anyway so no worries for me...

Hi

I am scared of gasohol, i never tried it BUT my friend have a bike workshop (Scotty) in Phuket and believe me he got his hands full of bike been running gasohol and all of the bikes need a big clean out, carb off and clean everything, my friend just had his Harley cleaned out because of gasohol, the bike stopped all the time after he put gasohol in it.

I don't understand the drama? 91 Benzene and a cap full of octane booster and you're good to go. :D

Reminds me of all the bitching and moaning when leaded gasoline was phased out- some guys were acting like it was the end of the world. :D

The problem still remains you can't get 91 non-gasahol in Phuket anymore (and certainly not 95 non-gasahol). 91 is reported at maybe 1 or 2 stations but it's spotty at best. Nearly 100% ethenol here now. Ghost Riders has a gas station owner in it's membership..so maybe we can get this sorted?

I dont understand you saying this (you said it before in the Phuket forum).. All me vehicles need non gasohol.. I have never gone into a garage and them not had it unless they were waiting for the tanker.

All but shell garages I go into have 91 non gasohol. Nothing spotty about it.

Which ones dont ?? Shell and ??

LivinLOS, the reason why this doesn't make sense to you is simple....it appears I was wrong. :)

always had luck at lemon green in rawai with 91 , yet to be dissapointed .... as for shell i dont even bother and Esso is my backup near Central ...... where can we buy an additive in Phuket town in an emergency ??

My experience lately has been that where ever I went they couldn't give me 91 non-gasohol, so I just assumed. Maybe I had a communication issue with the pump attendant, and I think once they were just plain out of it at PTT when I went there a while back. I haven't been to Lemon Green in ages. I prefer 91 non-gasohol in everything because a full tank seems to go so much further on non-gasohol.

Hi

I am scared of gasohol, i never tried it BUT my friend have a bike workshop (Scotty) in Phuket and believe me he got his hands full of bike been running gasohol and all of the bikes need a big clean out, carb off and clean everything, my friend just had his Harley cleaned out because of gasohol, the bike stopped all the time after he put gasohol in it.

Have honestly seen bikes never run right again.. Scottys told me hes done total carb changes and they still were not perfect !!

My CBR runs like shit if it gets gasohol, I gave my brother a big warning about it, dreading the idea he could mess it up, he goes out and comes back half an hour later with it miss firing, running ragged, etc etc.. I say what the hel_l is up, he was I dont know I put the 95 in like you said.. Erm 95 ?? From where ?? Standard pump miss communication.

Was a case of immediately pull the tank, flush it, run the carbs through, run 91 through it for an hour.. Had only been in it minutes but still freaked me out. Seen carbs full of a glue like gunk that Scotty told me was basically the melted rubber from tubes and seals !!

Yet pump jockeys will still just throw it in any bike if your not looking.. Tammada ?? Chai khrap ?? hold on no its not !!

Well, perfect for bikes though eh?? Actually my cat is junk as most are anyway so no worries for me...

absolutely perfect, and the valves love the lead :)

Hi

Have honestly seen bikes never run right again.. Scottys told me hes done total carb changes and they still were not perfect !!

My CBR runs like shit if it gets gasohol, I gave my brother a big warning about it, dreading the idea he could mess it up, he goes out and comes back half an hour later with it miss firing, running ragged, etc etc.. I say what the hel_l is up, he was I dont know I put the 95 in like you said.. Erm 95 ?? From where ?? Standard pump miss communication.

Was a case of immediately pull the tank, flush it, run the carbs through, run 91 through it for an hour.. Had only been in it minutes but still freaked me out. Seen carbs full of a glue like gunk that Scotty told me was basically the melted rubber from tubes and seals !!

Yet pump jockeys will still just throw it in any bike if your not looking.. Tammada ?? Chai khrap ?? hold on no its not !!

by accident used 95 gasohol on my VTX 1800cc V-twin. engine didnt run nicely after 100km. took the sparkplugs out, clogged with black shit, like melted and burned rubber. dont know if the ethanol released old dirt build up in tank and injection, or if rubber or plastic parts melted. I assume the black shit was all over the combustion chamber including pistons and valves.

Took apart fuel pump in tank, injection, new sparkplugs, but it was never perfect again. It used to run ok on petrol 91, from now on it required petrol 95 which is an indication of build up on pistons providing increased compression.

For those in the area, the Caltex on Phattanakan between Phattanakan 67-69 has 95 benzene. If you are on Phattanakan coming from SriNakarin, headed towards On Nut its on the left just before the bridge thats just before the light. If that makes sense.