Looking For Recommendations Dental Clinic In Chiang Mai

cliokchi

I`ve had severe dental, that`s dental not mental, problems over the years.

I tried the Ram dental hospital. I found it dirty and expensive.

Then I tried the dental surgery at Klaimor Hospital, Hang Dong. The treatment was good and not over priced, but each time I visited, the dentist tried to sell me the most expensive treatment. He was persistant and it was like being locked in a room with a high pressure salesman.

Then I discovered the Chiang Mai dental hospital on the super highway. Fantastic. clean, posh surroundings, lots of Farangs in there, treatment first class and no more expensive than any other dental practice in Chiang Mai.

I would never trust or use any other dentists.

On the super highway, go passed Tesco Lotus on the left, than passed CM Computer city and about a half mile on you will see the green hospital sign with white cross for Chiang Mai hospital. Turn into the small entrance for the hospital and the dental hospital is next to it.

Edited by sbk
unsubstantiated slur removed
  • Like 1

For anything more than a simple cleaning, I would use the Grace Clinic or Dr Jarunee at Empress. She did a root canal for me a few years ago. It was so painless and I was so relaxed that I fell asleep in the chair during the procedure.

I went to the Kitcha Clinic once. Unfortunately my experience there was not as positive as the above poster.

For anything more than a simple cleaning, I would use the Grace Clinic or Dr Jarunee at Empress. She did a root canal for me a few years ago. It was so painless and I was so relaxed that I fell asleep in the chair during the procedure.

I went to the Kitcha Clinic once. Unfortunately my experience there was not as positive as the above poster.

The only problem is that she no longer does those procedures herself. She refers them to her associates.

• 2 months later...

I`ve had severe dental, that`s dental not mental, problems over the years.

I tried the Ram dental hospital. I found it dirty and expensive.

Then I tried the dental surgery at Klaimor Hospital, Hang Dong. The treatment was good and not over priced, but each time I visited, the dentist tried to sell me the most expensive treatment. He was persistant and it was like being locked in a room with a high pressure salesman.

Then I discovered the Chiang Mai dental hospital on the super highway. Fantastic. clean, posh surroundings, lots of Farangs in there, treatment first class and no more expensive than any other dental practice in Chiang Mai.

I would never trust or use any other dentists.

On the super highway, go passed Tesco Lotus on the left, than passed CM Computer city and about a half mile on you will see the green hospital sign with white cross for Chiang Mai hospital. Turn into the small entrance for the hospital and the dental hospital is next to it.

The least said about Ram the better though it always has its supporters on Tv for some reason.

Certainly the better dentists are those associated with a hospital. McCormick is a good example ( though there are others ). Best to avoid the individual practices from my experience

Elite Smile knows how to sell to farang. Give them an A* for that. I'm not commenting on what they know about teeth.

Contrary to what the Big Wheel has to say, I will not go within 500 yards of Chiang Mai Dental Hospital.

Althought it's a year old thread, and not much use to the OP, I feel i have to say something in the defense of Dr, kraivit. I have been using him for the last 12 years plus and have found him to be of the highest professional standard, far more so that any other dentist I have used here in 20 plus years of living here.

he has just completed some 100.000 bahts worth of ceramic inlays, root canal fillings, crowns, and prosthetics, in fact a whole teeth make over. Not the most pleasant of proceedures, but colour matching was perfect, and no question of placing crowns over decayed teeth. I canot imaging a dentist of his standing performing such a proceedure. I will continue to use Chiangmai dental clinic as long as I have teeth!!!

Edited by Mario2008
deleted quote deleted

• 2 weeks later...

Contrary to what the Big Wheel has to say, I will not go within 500 yards of Chiang Mai Dental Hospital.

Althought it's a year old thread, and not much use to the OP, I feel i have to say something in the defense of Dr, kraivit. I have been using him for the last 12 years plus and have found him to be of the highest professional standard, far more so that any other dentist I have used here in 20 plus years of living here.

he has just completed some 100.000 bahts worth of ceramic inlays, root canal fillings, crowns, and prosthetics, in fact a whole teeth make over. Not the most pleasant of proceedures, but colour matching was perfect, and no question of placing crowns over decayed teeth. I canot imaging a dentist of his standing performing such a proceedure. I will continue to use Chiangmai dental clinic as long as I have teeth!!!

Wish I could say the same. As it is, my wife is in the process of having all 140,000 baht of her work redone. Latest discovery: plastic posts used instead of metal ones, which came out when the bridge was removed.