Cost Of Giving Birth/Delivery In Private Hospital @ Chiang Mai?

friedperry

I'm glad my son was born 3 months before the price hike at Sripat! Our bill was 16,000 total including the doctor who is a Professor at CMU. They have since upped the package price to 25,000 which I think is still cheap in comparison to other hospitals in Chiang Mai.

Prices are going up on everything in Thailand these days so it seems. It ain't what it used to be... :(

I know what you mean, my daughter was born in Buriram at the Government hospital. Everything was covered under the 50Baht plan. Including the VIP room the total bill was less than 3000 Baht. :lol:

I think these package and plan are only for thailand citizen and not for foreigner.

I'm afraid you are wrong about that. I am a foreigner and the price I was charged was, what was stated in the contract for the "package". The contract also stated that in the event of C-section delivery, that the total would increase from 16,000 but would not exceed 24,000. Didn't you sign a contract and know in advance what the total cost would be???

Edited by elektrified

I'm glad my son was born 3 months before the price hike at Sripat! Our bill was 16,000 total including the doctor who is a Professor at CMU. They have since upped the package price to 25,000 which I think is still cheap in comparison to other hospitals in Chiang Mai.

Prices are going up on everything in Thailand these days so it seems. It ain't what it used to be... :(

I know what you mean, my daughter was born in Buriram at the Government hospital. Everything was covered under the 50Baht plan. Including the VIP room the total bill was less than 3000 Baht. :lol:

I think these package and plan are only for thailand citizen and not for foreigner.

I'm afraid you are wrong about that. I am a foreigner and the price I was charged was, what was stated in the contract for the "package". The contract also stated that in the event of C-section delivery, that the total would increase from 16,000 but would not exceed 24,000. Didn't you sign a contract and know in advance what the total cost would be???

They have a pamphlet abt delivery package (c-section is 24000 in it). All are written in thai language. We asked abt package at reception when i was in preg but the girl cant answer well and we asked my OB. He said that package is for thailand citizen with social welfare. There was no contract abt charges we need to sign before going to delivery room.

Well you were given incorrect information, I'm sorry to say. The 24,000 was the contract price for the 'package' for anyone regardless of their citizenship. You have to request the 'package' and enter into the contract with the hospital, then you would not have been stuck with a high bill like that. Really poor people pay about 350 Baht or less under the social welfare system and have to go a government hospital like Nakorn Ping. In the future when you are faced with a situation like that and you can't read the pamphlet or are faced with a language barrier type of situation, bring a Thai speaker with you to help you out.

• 11 years later...

Sorry to re-activate this old thread. 
I am curious about any recent experiences of giving birth at either Sriphat or RAM hospital in Chiang Mai. 
Especially when it comes to:
- natural birth encouraged by doctor
- can father be in the delivery room?
- epidural available?
- total cost