Big Bike Mechanics

kirky

Which out of the main places in bangkok has the most reasonably priced/best service service centre for fitting aftermarket parts etc.. i remember somebody saying that Red Baron charged a silly membership charge of 20,000thb if the bike didn't come from them. I've been in touch with dirt shop but they being a bit vague on labour charges until i tell them what parts i want fitted.

Also is there a another good dyno shop recommended for tuning in the bikes? Dirt Shop wanted 7,500thb to tune the power commander if it didnt come from them but 20,000thb to buy it from them, they will throw it in. 7,500 for dyno tuning is that right?

The bike is a HD XR1200 but most parts will be aftermarket bolt on similar to the ones that race in the xr1200 Italian club series like ohlins, brembo etc... See the pic below

HarleyDavidsonXR1200.jpg

I believe the membership fee at Red Baron is 10,000 Baht. Their mechanics are top notch and it's a very honest business. Not sure how proficient they might be with HD though... I know nothing about HD but hear that "Jammer" on Chok Chai 4 is a good HD shop. I think they might even have a dyno. Good luck- let us know how it goes.

After a recent enquiry I can confirm that RedBaron have a one off joining fee of 10,000 baht and then a yearly fee of 1000 baht thereafter so it's 11,000 before they'll look at your bike (unless it was bought from them).

I've heard Dirt Shop are pretty good but 7500 seems a bit steep to me just to tune a power commander... If the price of 20,000 is close to the price elsewhere then I'd just buy it from them on the condition they install and tune it.

I've heard Dirt Shop are pretty good but 7500 seems a bit steep to me just to tune a power commander... If the price of 20,000 is close to the price elsewhere then I'd just buy it from them on the condition they install and tune it.

Dynojet Powercommanders generally cost between $200-$300 (~6500-9600 Baht) in the US so if you're looking to save some money you're still better off buying it in the States then paying the 7500 Baht to have it tuned at Dirtshop. Ride On! Tony

Dynojet Powercommanders generally cost between $200-$300 (~6500-9600 Baht) in the US so if you're looking to save some money you're still better off buying it in the States then paying the 7500 Baht to have it tuned at Dirtshop. Ride On! Tony

God thats cheap they are 300gbp in the UK (15,000thb) for this model so i was thinking to buy it from them (dirtshop)and save my self the hassle. Tony do you have a contact for power commander in the states? at those prices?

God thats cheap they are 300gbp in the UK (15,000thb) for this model so i was thinking to buy it from them (dirtshop)and save my self the hassle. Tony do you have a contact for power commander in the states? at those prices?

iSBK (Indysuperbikes.com) is a great store with really good prices.

pcv.jpg

See details Dynojet PC V Power Commander V Kawasaki EX650R

Fits Years:2009-

MSRP: $ 369.95

Our price: $ 264.95

Sometimes you can find some good deals on eBay, or not...

80.jpgDynojet Power Commander V PCV KAWASAKI ER6N 09-10

Buy It Now$299.00

80.jpgDynojet Power Commander V PCV KAWASAKI EX650R 09-10

Buy It Now$299.00

Ride On!

Tony

I believe the membership fee at Red Baron is 10,000 Baht. Their mechanics are top notch and it's a very honest business. Not sure how proficient they might be with HD though... I know nothing about HD but hear that "Jammer" on Chok Chai 4 is a good HD shop. I think they might even have a dyno. Good luck- let us know how it goes.

You sitting down Tony? I was told 150,000 baht to join Ducati Thonglor.

Reporting on the service by www.siambigbike.com The owner speaks good english.

The service was good, prices fair. The shop is a few hundred meters from Wat Don Muang and the old Don Muang airport. they have a huge selection of Japanese import bikes. Some Yamaha SRs, some choppers and a Honda VTR 1000 among the usual 4-cylinder sports bikes.

post-7704-081941300 1277471060_thumb.jpg

Seeing a picture of an amazing bike like that is the ducks guts on a cold wet miserable Saturday morning! Thanks for cheering me up Kirky.

What I wouldn't give to take that to a trackday at Phillip Island in the Springtime!

HarleyDavidsonXR1200.jpg

Seeing a picture of an amazing bike like that is the ducks guts on a cold wet miserable Saturday morning! Thanks for cheering me up Kirky.

What I wouldn't give to take that to a trackday at Phillip Island in the Springtime!

HarleyDavidsonXR1200.jpg

I agree, I reckon it would be a fun bike to blast around a track or the hills in Chiang Rai, legally of course :-)

Edited by Garry

HarleyDavidsonXR1200.jpg

I agree, I reckon it would be a fun bike to blast around a track or the hills in Chiang Rai, legally of course :-)

I know its no sportsbike per say but they are now successfully racing these in Italy,Spain and UK...you would be shocked to how well they have got these to handle. Its still like a tank...but puts a smile on my face

HarleyDavidsonXR1200.jpg

I know its no sportsbike per say but they are now successfully racing these in Italy,Spain and UK...you would be shocked to how well they have got these to handle. Its still like a tank...but puts a smile on my face

The XR 1200's have always reminded me of the Flat Tracker ilk of motorcycle. I reckon they would be an absolute blast to ride anywhere, as I know that they handle pretty well considering their family line:).