The Chinese Are Back!

thaibeachlovers

Once again Chinese tour buses are parked outside Mikes Department store, though only a fraction of the numbers that used to fill it every night.

Mike's owners are no doubt happy, as it must have been a very "dry" spell for them.

Conversely, there were definitely less Thais in Central last weekend, than during the Bangkok protests. Perhaps it was only because of the protests that they were coming to Pattaya, and will now be staying in Bangkok over the weekends.

We used to call them "The Towellers" ,great colums of them with the same coloured towels from their hotel ,then another batch from another hotel with a different coloured towel.

All on the Great March to the beach ,the boats then Koh Larn

Great post !!!!!!!!

fantasticaly great post

Maginificent Infact ::)

I will Take a Trip down to Mike's this weekend and am Hopefull that i will get a glimpse of some Chinese.

Can i add to that about it being an all time great post in the history of Thai visa .

Edited by Rimmer
Double meaning edited

..can i say then that i am partial to the company of young Chinese ladyies ?Many of them are in my home city of Dublin to learn English .They are very polite and well manered .Rented out some rooms to them over there .

Chinese groups in Hotels are a different matter as they can be very loud ,if you are trying to get some sleep .

We used to call them "The Towellers" ,great colums of them with the same coloured towels from their hotel ,then another batch from another hotel with a different coloured towel.

Their guides told them to take the 'colored' towel, so whenever they enter a shopping area, the staff of that shopping area knows to which guide (of the certain 'colored' towel) they have to give their contribution to.

Hmmm, rather like getting savaged by one of those toy dogs- all yap yap yap and no bite!

For the benefit of the wingers, next time I'll entitle it something like- "Pattaya economy booms again, as Chinese tour buses return to the city"!

You have been savaged by Toy Dogs before ? Jaysus you should of posted a Topic on that.

The reason they all have the same color towel is that otherwise they would never make it back to the hotel or bus they belong to.I've seen that some years ago they introduced the coloured caps but had to cancel that idea quickly because they lost too many,chinese that is,due to the fact that other tourists were also wearing caps. :D

The reason they all have the same color towel is that otherwise they would never make it back to the hotel or bus they belong to.I've seen that some years ago they introduced the coloured caps but had to cancel that idea quickly because they lost too many,chinese that is,due to the fact that other tourists were also wearing caps. :D

Maybe that his how 14,000,000 ended up living here permanantly, they lost their caps or towels.